PDA

View Full Version : Crucial Z503 PC4000 2GB kit... Isssues w/dual channel

imzjustplayin
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I've got an IC7-G motherboard and while these modules seem to work great with the board, I'm a bit disappointed with their peformance.. I'm disappointed because they aren't living up to the speeds I expected from them. Yes they're rated at PC4000 but I've seen them go up to 300mhz and my board up to 400mhz.. If I have on module in at a time they seem to work but when in dual channel mode, they won't work at 3.8ghz (272) 1:1 which is a bit frustrating cause otherwise I'd have a real sweet spot.

Is there different ways of testing single channel? Seems kinda weird to have a module in slot 1 and then slot 4 or slot 2 then slot 3.. The most common mistake I notice is the usage of 1 and 2 unintentionally.. Do modules get more stressed in dual channel mode? I can't find any conclusive proof to whether or not these modules can handle higher speeds or not... Shouldn't the 875p chipset be able to handle these sorts of speeds at 1:1 cause I've heard it done with 4X512MB set.

Chipset is at 1.65v (max), and the most lax timings with the ram at 3-4-4-7 and 2.7v.

The biggest thing that has confused me the most about my modules is they don't run hot at ALL and I've always heard they run hot, I'm wondering if the pad underneath is bad or something. I want to have the ability to RMA them but I'm wondering if they're being insulated or not..