PDA

View Full Version : KX7 Ram VMod & VCore Mod

SOCOM
06-24-2002, 11:10 PM
I'm wondering how to do the mod to increase the maximum ram voltage to 3v, and how to do the VMod. I read the spec sheet for the HIP chip, and have done a VMod on a IWill KK266 a while back sucessfully (somewhat, http://socomoc.homestead.com/files/335vcore.jpg ) and before I solder on my baby, I'm doing the EXACTLY right thing. Which pin/s (my IWill was a 2 pot mod) am I soldering to, and what size pots am I using on them. Pretty noobish questions, but I don't wanna play around with a KX7 I got for 65 bucks new. :)

-SOCOM

Altima
06-25-2002, 07:32 AM
Well i pretty sure it has the same chips as the Kr7a so if you read up on that it should be exactly the same, im gonna vcore mod my KX7-333 and im using a 100K Vr for it , i dont know the pin off hand but id recommend using SMD grabbers to hook up to the pin on the IC so that way if you need to undo the mod youy just unclip it...no soldering needed

MrIcee
06-25-2002, 08:38 AM
SOCOM:)

Hang in there a bit..in the next couple of days I'll have something posted on this subject:)

Randi:D

PS...same mods as a KG7/KR7A BTW...50K Ohm VR's for pin 7 and pin 10 of the CPU voltage regulator...and 30 to 50 K Ohm for the memory voltage regulator.

Randi :D

SOCOM
06-25-2002, 08:50 AM
Awesome!

Thanx you two.

-SOCOM