PDA

View Full Version : Zalman heatpipe vga cooler

saaya
05-17-2003, 11:13 AM
cools nicely,
and cools great sandwiched with 2 7v modded casefans on it! :toast:

Royal Oaks
05-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Yea my brother has it and it works well for him as well. I wanna ask though, how much of a bend is there in the card with all that weight on there????? I mean that pipe alone is monsterous, and with 2 more fans I imagine it's even heavier. Just wondering how much that entire little setup weighs, and how much your card is bending...

Susquehannock
05-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Cool, was thinking of getting one of those.
Glad I came across this thread.

How does the heatpipe work on the 9500np?

My card should be here in a couple days, holiday permitting.
Gosh, I really hope it mods to a 9700p successfully.:slobber:......he he ...

Wish me luck! ....... ;nnock:D

Teus
05-24-2003, 03:20 AM
if the card wheighs over 500grams, you should support the PCB a bit. there's a hole in the top right of the PCB on my TNT2 M64, I'll connect a wire to the hole and attach it to the top of my housing

then I screw the card tight. the vidcard wheighs 600 grams right now and it's fine, even if without any support

saaya
05-24-2003, 03:42 AM
it weighs some hundret gramms, but not that much. my card albatron 4200P (4200pcb, not the long 4600pcb) doesnt bend at all.

when running passively without any fan blowing on it , even at default speed, the heatsink gets really hot! can still touch it, but its hot, but thats normal for geforce 4 cards afaik.

i dont know if its enough to cool a 9500np or higher, check what zalman says about it. its nice for having a silent system (wihtout any ocing). and with 1 or 2 large silent fans on it it cools REALLY nice. i could only oc to 310 100% stable, but i think i could oc higher, the heatsink isnt even getting warm at 310. i guess i need a vmod, the part of the cooler that touches the gpu is just slightly warm, almost cool so its cooling really good with the fans on it.

check ebay dudez! here in germany there are some ebay stores selling the 80 version (the better one, the 50 is for g2mx cards etc) for 20$!

TIP: use arctic silver when building the cooler together, not the white zalman stuff.

well the only bad thing about this cooler is that it doesnt leave much room on the backside for ramsinks, just about 1-1.5cm. my ram gets really hot so i bought 2 of those (http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/nb32j.htm) . ill cut each into 4 pieces and put them on the memory, and mount my old alpha s-7 (http://www.heatsink-guide.com/alpha-s7-nofan.jpg) on the gpu