PDA

View Full Version : QX6700 Corse Placement

Chas_The_Man
01-19-2007, 09:13 PM
My QX6700 Temps are goofy. Core 0 is always idle 5 degrees higher than the others. Does anyone know the placement of that core on the chip? Its an outside core, I think. But which side? I want to tweak my mount. I just put a Fuzion on and I am under load after an hour at 61 57 58 57 on a reserator 2 with no overclock. I doubt these temps will hold. The reserator just doesnt have the capacity. That’s seriously mo better than the Zalman block though which would go over 70 and still be climbing after about 10 minutes of Prime 95.

|------------|
> C0 <
| C1 |
| |
| C2 |
|____C3____ |

Is this right? It would figure into my seriously concave IHS.

Excuse my text graphic. The arrows are supposed to be the indents.

Bail_w
01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q4/core2-qx6700/intel-diagram.jpg

i am not sure which one is co, c1, c2, or c3.

Sideroxylon
01-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure about core placement, but I have the same thing going on that you do. I'm using a Fuzion also and my #1 core is 4-5c hotter than my #3 core.

I've remounted it 3 times now and can never get a complete cpu pattern from my tim. The base of the Fuzion is convex supposedly so that might have something to do with it. It's a great block though. I'm happy with my temps, there can just be a big difference between the cores.

Chas_The_Man
01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Its not the block because my other block was the same. My IHS is not flat it dips more on one end than the other. Intel should make Flat IHS's on Extreme edition chips. Seeing as they cost more than freaking platinum.