PDA

View Full Version : Iwaki Orders?

archael
01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey,

This is my first post here.. I've read a LOT of stuff around here to build my first watercooling rig. I'm putting about 6k into a new system so it's gonna have everything.. including duo 2.93ghz intel cpu, 2 watercooling editions of BFG 8800gtx, and a bunch of other stuff.

Now everything is pretty much on its way but I ordered an Iwaki pump from CustomAquatic on Jan 10th and sent 2 emails.. I haven't gotten 1 reply, I haven't got any tracking details, the payment didn't even pass yet.. all that in over a week when their site promises next-day processing.. are they dead? Did anyone else have this problem? Where else can I order the Iwaki MD20RLZ?

Eastcoasthandle
01-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't deal with them. Here try Marine Depot (http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_pumps_iwaki_japanese_american.asp?CartId= ) that's where I got mine from and it was pretty fast.

archael
01-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I only see MD20RLT and MD20RLXT, no RLZ... is one of them the RLZ model just under a different model number?

Chas_The_Man
01-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Why not give them a call and order the one you want :0-.. I was surprised to see several IWAKI pumps working away at my local aquarium store. I hinted to my wife about getting one for the PC.. Her eyes rolling back led me to cut that conversation short. They are kind of noisy. I think the ones we saw running were bigger though.

epion2985
01-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I only see MD20RLT and MD20RLXT, no RLZ... is one of them the RLZ model just under a different model number?

RLZ is the high pressure model and is really rare. Might want to give them a call about it.

Also, an iwaki RD30 will perform better as long as you are buying an iwaki. Its also DC so you can control the pump power to tune to your personal situation.

Levish
01-19-2007, 11:23 AM
definately give them a call, i ordered mine from custom aquatic

not all stores handle online/email well.

archael
01-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I gave them a call.. it would have been another 3 days until they place the order for me to receive it from japan.. I'm not that patient.. The RLT seems to have pretty much the same specs as the RLZ.. with 14.1 feet of head and 420GPH (7GPM).. I think I'm just gonna get that instead.. plus the american motor models seem to be in stock a lot more for 65% of the price. Since Maxx is using an american model one, I think I'm gonna do the same and save myself a hassle..

I am curious though.. How am I supposed to fit the 7/16 masterkleer on 3/4" barbs on the Iwaki? Can hot water really make it expand *that* much?

epion2985
01-19-2007, 03:27 PM
American models run somewhat noisier.

archael
01-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Can anyone give me some insight on the RLT vs RLZ since the specs are the same? as well as fitting the tubing on the 3/4" of the Iwaki pump?

I don't want to place another order before I'm sure of what I'm supposed to get..

Xion X2
01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I ordered mine from Custom Aquatic. No problems here.