PDA

View Full Version : T-Bred 2200+ Give away !!

Kurupt
06-24-2002, 01:08 PM
The giveaway rules are as following:
You must register for the forums. You must make one post in forum comments "in the 2200 + give away comments thread" with your suggestion on how the site can be improved or what you want reviewed and why. Please keep in mind what the content of your post considering what type of site the main body of the audience is. Winner will be picked at random and determined at 24:00 Pacific Standard Time on June the 30th of 2002. Administrators and staff of Xtreme Systems.org or immediate family members under no circumstances are eligible for this contest.
Good luck to all!

Post here please

N8
06-24-2002, 01:11 PM
cool idea :) Xtreme rocks!

DarkMinion
06-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Sounds cool. I know i could use a 2200 :)

I'd like to see a comprehensive review of many of the popular waterblocks. Everyone seems to have their own opinion on which is best, but its really hard to decide without concrete data.

Hysteria
06-24-2002, 02:11 PM
like the site how it is, and definatly could use a new 2200, have an article/ review of how to setup a epox 8k3a+ board with a water cooler and a xp 2200+ combo and who nice o/c tips along with it, should make life easyer for showin people how do it,maby i wont have to tell as many how if you setup up an article as such . :)'

ps im sure i havnt seen anyone else with that article

Shaggie
06-24-2002, 02:53 PM
That must be like the greatest giveaway i've ever seen! :)
I allso like the site as it is, but more hardware moddings reviews/articles would be cool. :)
Since I like to mod hardware in every possible way.

As for the CPU, I would really need a new CPU. My "workstation" (P3 800mhz) broke down last week. Mobo just went BANG(!!!) :( It wasn't even modded.. :(

So I'm writing this from my server, thats a Celeron 300Mhz 0kb cache :( .

I guess no games nor 3d animation for a while .. but maybe something good happens 30 this month, who knows :p Atleast I hope so. :)

P.S.
Think about it this way: I have birthday 2 July, so it could be a GREAT bday gift ;)

valentinsimonic
06-24-2002, 02:56 PM
I would be very happy to upgrade my 1700+ with an 2200+, so give it to me.
About the site I could only say it's cool as it is, maybe some color would be nice,but...
:rolleyes:

NorthernYankee
06-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Well I really like the site but I would e interested in some sort of Phase change Building review or something along those lines...like how to build a chiller. But besides that there is not too much.

Oh and I could really use that 2200+:D

--NY

jookyboi
06-24-2002, 03:14 PM
nice site, i just wish you guys would put more reviews on watercooling, thats all

CSHawkeye81
06-24-2002, 03:15 PM
that sites good just need to get some more reviews out as well as a little more advertising, the 2200+ could be a good bonus for me to setup a review.

pfoot
06-24-2002, 03:39 PM
I think the site is great, I have followed the exploits of OPPAINTER and MrIcee, Mdzcpa, etc....for some time now.

All the other "review" sites couldn't even get the Tbred to OC more than 25-100 MHz. I knew once OP and company got ahold of it we would see some action. I am not disappointed.

I would like to see mobo reviews (Mods?), a little head to head with *ntel, and some commentary on benchmarking and stability (there is no such thing as somewhat stable or 90 percent stable, it is either stable or it is not).
Good luck guys, keep it up, I'll be here to support you.

pfoot

sig to come, upgrading

Bulldog
06-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Well since I love to clock, I followed everyones trials and errors on various forums and tried to intergrate a little of everyones to achieve my goals. This forum without question has the largest wealth of QUALITY advice around,and IMO you cannot put a price on that. As far as reviews since it seems that were all hardcore, lets leave the cd/dvd/mp3 crap to all the other guys and stick with what we all know ....BEST HSF's ...Clockers Cases...H2O...vapor/fridge/promedia...PC2700 and up ram in our enviroement ( I'll throw up if I see another review of PC 3000 at 166-170fsb at relaxed timings ...like its a big deal) Ram heatsinks,active coolers and AIR MODS...REMEMBER not everyone is ready for H2O/Pelts etc...bet 85%+ still use air with really decent results...best clock per $ is still air...keep it real and keep posting results/ vmods/tips & tweaks and you'll be what I think you are already...the clockers reference bible

ocskip
06-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Nice Place!

JBELL
06-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ocskip
Nice Place!

thanks man glad to have ya here

MoFoQ
06-24-2002, 11:38 PM
hmmmm...how about reviewing and comparing different 802.11x equipment and noting any incompatibilities between them.

killersushi
06-24-2002, 11:53 PM
Anything that we don't get on other sites will be appreciated. Since a lot of people come to xtremesystems.org because this place now is sort of extreme, I figure they would like to read extreme stuff as well. Phase change, LN2, dry ice and whatnot. Any guides or simply tests would be nice I think.

fredperry
06-24-2002, 11:58 PM
Is thiscontest also for overseas members?? I hope so ;)

Forum is good, don't see how this can be improved much.
Site looks good, too but a bit empty ;) (more reviews needed :))

Proposal: review/test between different types of phase change:
same rig for every type. Kryotech, Vapochill, MX-EVA3, custom waterchiller,...
Would be nice to know the ultimate cooling, and how much you can gain for going (for example) from vapo to MX-EVA3.

For site: I'd put reviews on the site, not on the forum, or both at least.
And maybe a sub directory with the links to different reviews with their discription, so you don't have to search 30 minutes before finding the desired article/review (slightly exagerated ;))

JBELL
06-25-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by killersushi
Anything that we don't get on other sites will be appreciated. Since a lot of people come to xtremesystems.org because this place now is sort of extreme, I figure they would like to read extreme stuff as well. Phase change, LN2, dry ice and whatnot. Any guides or simply tests would be nice I think.

Thus the dedicated phase change and xtreme voltage mod threads... that is our specialty of sorts :banana:

stompah
06-25-2002, 12:25 AM
Is this the thread we should post in?

Well anyways blue buttons instead of contrasting shades of grey.

Instead of stars why not Xs t show post counts?

For now combine all FS/FT?Wanted topics to just one forunm like [H]

Have date of birth show under # of posts,location and date registered.

Here is a dont, IFMU gripes about this. Dont grow so quickly from contest giveaways that the forum turns to a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty spam fest like AthlonXp.com.

And give OPP his own forum. Call it OPP's corner.

JBELL
06-25-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by stompah
Is this the thread we should post in? yes

Well anyways blue buttons instead of contrasting shades of grey. possibly but i wouldn't bank on it soon...

Instead of stars why not Xs t show post counts? personally against stars or X's but maybe i can work something out.... I do not want this a spam for stars site!

For now combine all FS/FT?Wanted topics to just one forunm like [H] ewww you want an [h] feature here?

Have date of birth show under # of posts,location and date registered. working on similar hacks for you guys already

Here is a dont, IFMU gripes about this. Dont grow so quickly from contest giveaways that the forum turns to a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty spam fest like AthlonXp.com. agreeed

And give OPP his own forum. Call it OPP's corner. opp has what he needs and only needs to ask for more...

SponGeBoB
06-25-2002, 12:38 AM
I could have sworn i posted a big chunk in this thread but oh well might as well do it again

Something i would like to see:

Have a guide of the best e-tailer's and what kind of quality we can expect from them, then maybe have some sort of system where user comments could be added so that the more one site is used the more feedback it gets, then you could tell which sites are worth ordering from, and i know alot would order from say the egg but why not have some place where other maybe less known sites like essencompu could go or something? Personally i think its a good idea because the information people would add should be able to give us all an good idea of how reliable an e-tailers wares are our wether they are unreliable etc...maybe not the greatest of ideas, but it is one :D

Svenn
06-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Argh! What happened to the other post? I forget everything I had written there! Here's some new stuff anyway...

1. Reviews and Information on all forms of cooling. Rate them based on temperatures, price, availability, difficulty to install, etc.
2. Guides detailing the steps to building a really xtreme cooling system. Something where people who are new to these forms of cooling can read through to learn exactly what it requires to build one of these cooling systems.
3. Side by side comparisons of hardware, especially processors and motherboards. Reviews of just one piece of hardware are pretty worthless. You need something to compare the system to otherwise the numbers don't mean a thing. And not just comparisons of how well they perform at default speed. There aren't enough places that test overclockability to the xtreme. This is something I think most xtreme users would love to know before buying a piece of hardware.
4. Perhaps a links page to some good places to pick up some cooling equipment. Some of us don't know where to go.
5. Clearer forum layout, I have a hard enough time just finding my private messages.
6. How about maybe a 3dmark forum so the Xtremers can pit their systems up against one another. You could use the madonion boards for this, but this way it's just the Xtremers showing off their systems.
7. Make the reviews and things actual pages rather than forum pages. It's really tacky. (Pet Peeve of mine)
8. How about an Xtreme Systems Hall of Fame with pictures of awesome cooling setups and great overclocks. Show people what Xtremers can do.
9. Tweak guides. Not only do we need ways to make drastic improvements, but also the minor tweaks that put you over the top.
10. Perhaps a files section which includes the best performing drivers and bioses for just about anything.
11. Road maps and predictions. To upgrade now? Or wait for something better on the way. I know that's a question a lot of people ask themselves. The more information the easier it makes that decision.
12. The 2200+ unlocking guide is what has drawn me here. More guides of that nature would be helpful. What about other guides like volt mods and such. Or different ways of modding just about anything possible. I hear of people doing crazy mods or sometimes just plain ones, but I don't always understand how they work or how to do them myself.

Well, now that I'm awake I was able to think of some better stuff. If I happen to think of anything else I'll post again here. Anyway, Xtreme has the best forums out there now (people wise, not layout wise, eheh). Just get some stuff going up on the main page and this could be one of the best sites out there.

JBELL
06-25-2002, 01:26 AM
guys come on I think you are missing the purpose here .. we are an xtreme hardware overclocking site... to participate in the give away your comments and ideas must relate to such.... wireless nic cards and compatiblities doesn't count nor reasons why a TBRED would be nice for you to have.... or how pretty it would match the colors of your curtains.... solid ideas and comments... what would make the site more XTREME?? and first person to sugest hot pink and neon green colors will be smacked!

:stick::toast: :banana:

SponGeBoB
06-25-2002, 01:31 AM
rgr that then i will need some time to rethink my idea....damn

Micutzu
06-25-2002, 04:24 AM
Well I I am very impressed by this site as it is . As a matter of fact , it's one of the best i've seen . The only thing I would like to see around here is some alternative (modded) BIOS flashes for various mobos , so like you can change multiplier in BIOS not only trough the dip-switches , stuff like that ... At least links to places to d/l those ...

DanielR
06-25-2002, 04:48 AM
I think your site is great but there are some things that you can improve.

I want you to review more coolers and cases. A bit Pentium 4-cooling round-up would be great because there aren't any (good) round-ups of that.

Motherboard reviews, thats another thing i think you should have more of.

Gabbersak
06-25-2002, 05:16 AM
hi i'm italian :)
nice forum ;)
amd rulex :D

Snowman
06-25-2002, 05:17 AM
i would like more downloads and mobo reviews. Some newbe ocing guides would be cool too since i'm still learning.

Eliminator
06-25-2002, 05:32 AM
I would have to agree with a most of you. Mobo reviews would be great. The more, the better.

Also, I would like to see water cooling systems with links on where to purchase them. I'm new to water cooling and detailed descriptions on installation would be a great asset.

Furthermore, I would like to see extreme cooling for Vcards. More than just the typical Tt fan or peltier attached to the gpu would be nice.

And don't forget the benchmarks. Not just the MadOnion and SiSoft, but REAL game benches. I want to know how many fps I should be getting playing UT, CS, and Unreal2 (when it comes out). And compare these findings with stock systems.

Thanks

BorgBob
06-25-2002, 05:58 AM
Ahem. You moved the place where you post for this contest, but you didn't move all the submissions from the other place!

Hence, I guess I'll resubmit.

Suggestion: Write an article about the AMD roadmap so we can see what investments make sense now and what doesn't.

Brothernod
06-25-2002, 06:07 AM
I don't think the site needs mobo reviews. You can get mobo reviews most places.

My suggestion is to have more motherboard tweak guides. For example. I love my Epox 8kha+, and I know that people have gotta great overclocks using this board. Knowing what bios settings give you the most aggressive timings with the memmory, or what settings typically cause instabilities with 200mhz fsb, or something as small as what the dividers are and what settings give you the same speeds (cause when you start a new divider your pci and such doesn't perform as well as a couple notches back).

I think stuff like that is important to starting off people on the road to extreme overclocking because extreme overclocking isn't just about big numbers, it's about raw performance (and really awesome cooling ideas)

I suppose having ratings for motherboards on how they hold up against condensation or how easy it is to prepare the board for -30c cooling would be helpful, but I personally don't know if there is really any difference between boards on this or whether it's luck of the draw.

Ocelaris
06-25-2002, 06:33 AM
Hello, first post, I'd like to see a database of where the steppings are coming from. For example, we could start a forum where people post new gear that they just purchased, and their comments... like "Hey, I got an 1800+ AROIA from Newegg on 6/26/02, overclocks to 1800 etc... " I know there are overclocking forums, but a new product registration would be useful to myself in looking for new gear. That way we wouldn't have to rely on the resellers for stats and "opinions" for example neweggs "review section" which is less than, shall we say in the best interest of the customer. Just some thoughts, and I could really use a new 2200+ broke my second core on an XP chip with water cooling... rethinking the fridge system now. Best, Bill.

w1per
06-25-2002, 06:38 AM
What the site needs is good volt-mod guides, for both graphiccards and motherbords :)

etherdude
06-25-2002, 07:01 AM
I'd like to see the home page of extremesystems.org be a little more user friendly. It is quite sparse.....Better yet, I'd like to view the home page and forums through the lens of that 2200+ T-bred!

E'dude

ronniejay
06-25-2002, 07:05 AM
I followed a post on overclockers over to here. I like this site as it is. My interest is as a beginner. Hope there is some easy, a-b-c stuff for people just getting their feet wet (not from water cooling!). I have a side interest in photography and got a nikon 995 for xmas. Would ike to see what the regular posters use for their pictures.

AirAlex
06-25-2002, 07:12 AM
I personally would like to an article about water cooling. I've been overclocking for many years now and am too scared to dive into a water cool system. So a great newbie article about it would be perfect.

Jay_Mac21
06-25-2002, 07:17 AM
Cool Site don't change anything.

koneko
06-25-2002, 07:18 AM
The menus on the left. They can be blue. Blue is a nice modding colour. Reminds me of ice, and cooling :) A nicely done logo. You could have a contest on the forum for that, get someone to do it for you. Makes people happy and less work for you.
As far as content goes, I'd like to see a case-modding gallery (for registered users, or perhaps everyone).

Perhaps also an overclocking database, detailing (again registered users, and possibly more) overclocking details people got. You can enter your CPU (and stepping if you know it) plus the type of cooling, and the results you got. It helps peeps decide on which CPU to get, and know how far they can push it.

General how-to articles and guides are always great. So when you guys do a new project (like the 2200 unlocking), add a little guide/article on what you did and hey presto, everyone can share in the knowledge.

Extreme articles would be good. Things like how to watercool your gfx card, setting up extreme cooling (freezer and so on, beyond water cooling), volt modding motherboards (with pics), etc. At home we modded a mini (caravan) freezer into cooling for our P4 rig. Mods like that! Xtreme modz :D

Plus I love these!! -> :banana:

Marci
06-25-2002, 07:46 AM
The graphical and layout of the site are ace... I think with the current imhabitants of the forum, it would work to everyone's advantage to concentrate on extreme tutorials... bios guides etc and vmod guides and the like. All the high-end stuff that not many ppl know about, as it is these that help progress the entire overclocking scene... you are already moving in this direction with the TBred guide etc... just more of the same...

Comments about a CPU Database, yes I agree... but it needs to be done in a way that scores cannot be faked (ie: requires two Sandra results etc)

demont
06-25-2002, 07:56 AM
I think the best way to make this site better would be to put together various entry-level to xtreme-level water cooling systems and take us (the readers) step by step through making our own. Teach us what all the pieces in a water cooling system do, and how you can maximize performance with given parts. Compare prebuilt kits to DIY systems. Give suggestions on what to buy (brands, power, speed, etc) and what price ranges can be expected. Possibly start out with a basic water cooling setup for ~$100 and move on up to some serious peltier/water chiller stuff. Having this much info on hand would put xtreme cooling within reach for many people (myself included.) This is why I think it would be a great thing for Xtreme Systems to do!

Maff
06-25-2002, 08:04 AM
I'd like a Parhelia review, with a nice feature on the surround screen aspect.

Altima
06-25-2002, 08:07 AM
Repost from del thread:

Well ive got a couple of ideas....

1. More reviews for sure, and make them apart of your web page and not linked to the forum
2. Improve forum/site speed
3. Interactive scripts like at OC inside ( they help a ton). Vmod, Multi...Stepping/OC data base...and maybe even combind all these little tools into a VB proggy for ppl to DL and use offline.
4. And i think shoot outs are the best, not individual reviews, that way there is a comparison/comaparisons between then hardware so people can get an idea of what is best a lot easier EX: side by side carts ect., awards at end of review.
5. A hardware pick list of some people from the site for each month.. EX: MOds/web masters list

Well thats all i can really think off right now....

crossing my fingers =)

SOCOM
06-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Personally, I think other reivew sites do a very poor job when it comes to overclocking the hardware they get. They get the fastest oc without playing with it, and never push the hardware any farther. Instead, they leave it at that and walk away showing very little of what the board can do. As in most reviews of the KX7 where it is rarely pushed above 175. It doesn't give people an idea how much they can overclock their gear.

I'd also love to see some reviews on extreme cooling solutions, like the phase change stuff for instance. I've seen some home made chillers and I'd love to see some reviews on those as well, even if they are not a product sold, they make for some interesting reading. I really wish some sites would review these things considering I was about to buy a MX-EVA3, when I heard what happened to Opps, and I started hearing about the DOA's that alot of people got, then had to pay to ship back.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. :)

-SOCOM

Brothernod
06-25-2002, 08:23 AM
I just converted my car to R134a as a coolant instead of R12.
Since R134a is cheap and easily available, I'd love to see some info on making a cooling loop for the computer using that instead of Freon.

Just an idea. (please let me know if this is the kind of stuff you are looking to hear, i want to help, and I want a free processor :) )

Svenn
06-25-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by JBELL
guys come on I think you are missing the purpose here .. we are an xtreme hardware overclocking site... to participate in the give away your comments and ideas must relate to such.... wireless nic cards and compatiblities doesn't count nor reasons why a TBRED would be nice for you to have.... or how pretty it would match the colors of your curtains.... solid ideas and comments... what would make the site more XTREME?? and first person to sugest hot pink and neon green colors will be smacked!

:stick::toast: :banana:

Hey, I gave you some good suggestions, and I'll put more as they come to me. I wrote that really late last night when I wasn't fully awake... But yes, I will edit my post with even more ideas on how to make the site Xtreme.

The Coolest
06-25-2002, 08:35 AM
Hi, Athlogh I'm pretty new here, I couldn't find a review of a motherboard which I was planning to buy... I was thinking in the ASUS A7S333 mobo, but when I heared what people were saying about it I decided not to get it, but what I haven't seen was a decent review of it, I haven't seen its performace, its overclocking abilities, nothing. If it is possible then I would really like to see one. Thanks.

I really couldn't find anything I could suggest you for the site, all that I see is pretty much what I would like to see, no less.

TheWGP
06-25-2002, 08:42 AM
I'll confess, I was drawn here by OPP's thread over at HardOCP, but I've now put it on my favorites. Maybe this site isn't as slick as some others, but I'd say that the performance you get out of your hardware is top-notch.
I, too, would like to see some reviews of phase-change cooling systems - people say "skip watercooling, go straight to phase-change" and that doesn't help a lot if many people don't know what phase-change cooling systems are/can do. Yes, you have a dedicated thread - but how about something on the main page, something more in-depth?
Aside from that, more reviews of any (xtreme) sort would always be nice. :D

I know it's not a very xtreme topic, but I think everyone does agree, a new color scheme might be a good addition...

lol, that's my two cents. and a 2200+ would give me a proc to drop into this AK77-333 instead of this crappy T-bird 700. :-/

Shocker
06-25-2002, 08:44 AM
I think the site needs more content. The layout is very clean. Its more reviews and stuff. Overall its very good!!! Good Job. Maybe have news on the frontpage too. This way people will check back to your site more often.

Whitedog
06-25-2002, 09:56 AM
The layout is good. It's nice to see another internet deals/sales forum source. Cant have too many sources. We need to populate the forum more to establish a historical content database where we can search for answers to questions, etc..
Good Job! oh, and nice giveaway!! GL all

deerslayer
06-25-2002, 10:13 AM
Great forum you have hear.

Suggestions:

Some how to guides.
More reviews

LORD
06-25-2002, 11:26 AM
The content of the forums is quite good. I'm not someone that usually needs to ask questions on how to do things.

However I am observant and like to see what people say and at times may have some input to help people with problems.

Your front (HOME) page needs something. Whether it be "hot pink and neon green colors" I really can't say.......... :rolleyes:

Perhaps make the XTREMESYSTEMS.ORG lettering little larger. Add some more pizzaz to it. So people look at it and see it! Perhaps a bit of Macromedia magic?Try not to make the page load to long as not all people have cable.

Also do a bit more on the color scheme for the page (if that is an option). Blackwriting on white page is good. Try something else just to see. Dark color on white writing etc.

Possibly make the headings for sections stand out more.

Add news often. To keep peoples interest. Get admins or trusted people to add news and links they have seen on the front page etc. (if not already doing so)

Definitely add files or links to the downloads section.

Add something into the About US area. It is more professional. You know that jazz about wanting to help all, young and old in their pursuit of computing excellence or whatever etc.

Have some sort of contest going often. Even a small give away will keep peeps comin' back.

Place some more advertising. Don't start doing the popups It can be really annoying.

Do more reviews. Even get forum members to do some reviews. Ofcourse check for quality first. IT will be the site that will get the credit.

One could go on. Others will probably have a lot of input as well.

Listen to your readers and remain accessible.

I hope this helps at least a small amount and I haven't been dribbling a whole load of crap.

Goodluck,

Paul

:)

connor2k
06-25-2002, 11:41 AM
I like the layout and the simplicity of it. The front page could be condensed to make a better layout though.

neo1999
06-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Great forum! A good addition would be a photo gallery of v-mods. It would be great for us intermediate overclockers trying to make the leap to "xtreme"

biCker
06-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Love it like it is! Maybe you guys could could do a comparision of your 3d mark tweaks in detail, with every tweak explained ;)

seriously, since the staff at Vapochill says there is no need for evaporator temps as low as -40°c maybe you could prove them wrong??

joek71
06-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Hi guys, I would like to see a site that is is honest in testing any kind of new chip that comes out and tell the truth about. No like some other sites. Also would be good if this site would do something for people who are as knowledgeable as you guys here. Show some step by step unlocking any chip and how to over clock it. I currently own a AthlonXP1500+ would be nice to try the 2000+, my neighbor got Intel NorthWood, I would love to beet his Intel chip. :banana: AMD ROCKS!!!! #1

goldie
06-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Nice to see OPPAINTER & MrIcee here so I know we'll get good info and how to's.
Still early but forums are a little slow, I'm sure you'll get them up to speed and YES I would love to win that 2200+.
goldie:toast:

Chong345
06-25-2002, 12:57 PM
I would like to see, an Epox or seperated mobo sections. There are a lot of epox users though like the abit. Also I would like to see some reviews on Xtreme cooling such as phase change. Guides on how to set up a watercooling rig with pelt. Basically guides on the most freqently asked questions that are hard to answer cause the subject is broad.

jstnmcgl
06-25-2002, 01:03 PM
:) I'd like to see an article that will determine what existing motherboards out there that claim to support "future AMD processors" ( there are several) actually do, and weed out the rest.

TurboPenguin
06-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Give-aways rarely pull in people who will keep coming back to your site. Therefore you have to give them a reason to stay! The real question is what do you want your strength to be... You have some really really good forum members and moderators, but we lack in total members. And as of now your either not getting or posting a ton of news about computers.

paranoia
06-25-2002, 02:44 PM
how about summing up some of the more interesting forum topics into guides on the main website, excellant for newbies who's not had a chance to search the forums yet and for quick and easy access for experienced users.

Also, how about putting something in the "about us" section? e.g. maybe just a quick message from the administrators and moderators and/or their system spec of the PC's that they're currently running?

weewilly
06-25-2002, 02:52 PM
Wow I'd love to win a t-bred...ummm hows about reviewing Home Theater systems like the Onkyo HT-S650 vs. say the Pioneer or Sony offerings, maybe hook um up to your sound cards and do test ranging the whole spectrum from gaming to dvds

Wolf
06-25-2002, 02:53 PM
I think a cpu database with the week, stepping, and speed of overclock would be nice to have. Much like overclockers but actually updated more often.

silky
06-25-2002, 02:59 PM
I just registered for your forums a few minutes ago. I have spent the last few days following the overclocking adventures of the new TBERD. What impresses me most about the site and the people is how nice and helpful each of you are to both regulars and new comers. Having been a member of other not so nice forums for the past few years, it is refreshing to find a site like this. Hopefully in the future I can offer help from past experiences and contribute to this great forum.

Eli
06-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Good idea fellas :D

What I look for when I come here is posts w/ specific information on the latest overclocking hardware. So my suggestion would be to have the overclocking gurus (opp, Icee, etc) make frequent posts regarding the subtle nuances of the new gear.

Also, I feel this site should be noob friendly ;) OS tweaks, driver tweaks, and bios tweak guides would be greatly beneficial to many users.

Keeping up to date on the latest cooling hardware is also a must and reviews of new hardware would be great. Cooling is definitely one of the most important aspects of overclocking and can be tricky to to safely therefore guides/ how to's would be really be helpfull.

As far as reviews go, I think keeping on top of the newest motherboards/ cpu's is a good idea. I realize that you can get mobo reviews anywhere, but frankly it just isnt the same. Most reviewers don't have the ability to push their systems as far people here do and may be biased in there opinions. Here there is no bs and I can get a trustworthy opinion on the overclockability of the latest gear.

My 2 cents.

:)

majormav
06-25-2002, 03:11 PM
me personally i wouldent change what isnt broken the site has grown immensly since i registered and like how it is progressing ....(apart from the last few days when all e-mail links etc dont work .... reviews will come along at there own pace as hardware gets released..... what is the point in reviewing 12 month old hardware weve all (well most) seen it b4 and have a good idea what old stuff does ......... lets move forward and look at new stuff as it comes out like you did with the thouroughbred..I feel quite confident that OPP MrIcee and Co will get every ounce of goodness out of any review specimen ..the guys that frequent the site can answer virtually any question that they are asked and are always willing to help so theres no prob there

as MrIcee would say "Onwards and upwards"

SKATAN
06-25-2002, 04:13 PM
the layout is great ;)

right now

it needs three things

-more reviews and I mean comparisons between the top dog hardware (it´s what we care about) and directed mainly at overclocking performance seeking users

-hardware guides (how-to´s)

and last but not least

-every day updated news a-la hardocp

decaturkev
06-25-2002, 04:19 PM
I would like to see cutting edge information on the latest and greatest hardware hitting the streets.

General_B
06-25-2002, 07:25 PM
How top ten list of best performing stuff like Heatsinks, Fans, Watercoolers, etc.

dmitriyaz
06-25-2002, 08:53 PM
all the other sides seem to look on hardware in terms of features, packaging, software bundle blah blah....i ( and i am sure many others) want OVERCLOCKING, and how would this specific product appeal to an overclocker / computer enthusiast.
thanks,
good luck to everyone on winning the Tbred, but i wish the best luck to myself. :banana:

RichBa5tard
06-26-2002, 02:00 AM
I'd like to see a shoutout with the following:

XP2200+ Tbred OC'ing:
LN2 / Dry Ice / MX EVA3 / Promoteia / Vapo / pelt+ H²O / regular H²O / Swiftie or Pal aircooling.

It would be nice to see how high a same TBred would go with all these types of cooling. :)

But, because that's a massive amount of work, maybe a shoutout between the three most popular phase change cooling systems would be very, very interesting:

Promoteia vs. MX Eva3 vx. Vapochill

If you're gonna spend 800$, it would be nice knowing which one is the best. :)

Oh yeah, before i forget:
*whine whine* I need that Tbred because I just blew some precious thingie in my rig *whine whine*... hehe :D

Cw_Strife
06-26-2002, 03:12 AM
The site is looks like it is coming along pretty good. I can't believe why you would give away an XP2200+. I'd like to upgrade my PC up a little from 333MHz. Aside from that the site is very nice, and I like the lay-out. I think you should do reviews on some coolers and such for the 2200+ so everyone could see how it would perform. I would be happy to help out and send in some reviews and such, if you like just e-mail me I would be glad to help.

HolgerDK
06-26-2002, 03:28 AM
nice forum - and max NICE oc results MrIcee and Opp - respect to you.

and please give me a XP2200+

Chong345
06-26-2002, 03:46 AM
Welcome to the forum HolgerDK :)

Tithulta
06-26-2002, 06:13 AM
Nice job and I could REALLY use that Tbred...

The biggest thing I see missing from most sites is the in-depth how-to OC. The basics are no brainers, but it would be nice to see what others preferences in bios when OC/ing. Sort of like not know what fast writes does or sidebanding. There are so many bios options that you have no idea whether they help or hurt the performance, let alone if they help video performance or system stability.

dpw2atox
06-26-2002, 06:50 AM
This sounds really cool. What I'd like to see more of is tips for those of us with air cooling and how to make our system run nice and cool. I would also like to see products re-reviewed when changes are made such as several sites reviewed the initial batch of thoroughbreds but that was with the old ARICA stepping, I'd like to find out how the ARIDA or ARIGA steppings do.

Mentaly
06-26-2002, 06:54 AM
Hi all

Well im pretty new to this Forum, came here from Icrontic (following the Guru`s), I would like to see some more things about Phasechange cooling since this has sort of become a hobby for me :) im waiting for my Prometeia, damn could be fun to see how a T-Breed would behave in a sucker like that.

ohh and maybe OPP`s pic should be posted as a background pic here His the Father offf Ocìng :banana: .

Menty

Maximus Nickus
06-26-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ocskip
Nice Place!

Hallo skip!
What a small world it is.

As for the compo I suggest more contrasting colors, stupid maybe but I always find white is more difficult to pin-point your position.
(Probably used to oc'ers.com to much:D!)

Also Trolls, maybe you should adopt the overclockers method of 100 posts before entrance to the classifieds, to see how the people are and to evaluate them. (i.e. No spamming to hit 100 posts)

M_N (www.overclockers.com)

slavearm
06-26-2002, 11:07 AM
The site it pretty nice. I would like to see some peltier reviews with different powersupplys etc. Perhaps even some DIY P/S or something along those lines. Thanks for the contest.

NEO150
06-26-2002, 01:14 PM
I'D LOVE TO GET A 2200+, THE SITE ROCKS, BUT MORE MOBO REVIEWS/TWEAKS, AND MORE WATERCOOLING IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT.

scrllock
06-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Well, let's see. Update your news more often. The sites i visit are the ones that update their news. Also some "REAL" reviews would be nice, not just ones in the forums. I see plenty of cooler round-ups, mobo reviews, and case reviews. Heck, even power supply reviews. I see quite a few, but it would be nice to see more memory reviews. But the one thing more than enything else...

Xtreme cooling systems. e.g. phase-change (prometheia) , peltiers, LN2, even just water cooling. I see too many aircooling reviews.

BTW, I'm poor and could really use a 2200+... (hint hint).

Jen
06-26-2002, 05:44 PM
I like to see a faster server

Personnel Messages i like to see it blinking so that i know i have messages. Also make it easier to check them

Frank led me here as he said this was a great place to be where you could ask questions and help others. I have to agree from what I am reading that it is a great place to be. And for once I am being treated as I should be not ignored like so many other places

I love to have a 2200+ xp as I have had nothing but bad luck lately. I have lost 5 AMD processors and still dont have my AMD computer running............all it lacks is the processor to make it fly

Jen

Brothernod
06-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Scrllock, actually I think the forum based website is a GREAT idea.

I think posting all their articles on the forums makes it much easier to search. Perhaps official articles would have a different subject color so they stand out.

but the ability to really be able to search all articles is really kewl in my opinion

Subtle Grandeur
06-26-2002, 06:34 PM
More watercooling reviews plus some tutorials would be very cool!!! :)

Great site BTW!!

Peace,

Subtle Grandeur

BlindSight
06-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Ok I put some thought into this, and tryed to read all the posts, so I hope I dont step on anyones danglies. I thought that some forums dedicated to user submitted stuff would be really cool. You could have a user hardware reviews forum, news forum, even a forum where all the latest hardware would be listed independently and users could poll on if they liked the hardware or not. That way there would be no more of "Whats the best Ram?" or "Whats the best Hard drive for overclocking?". This way they could go to the Hardware rating forum (or whatever) and see which were the best based on other users experiences. These things I think would pull people in because they would feel more like they were a part of something, instead of just a name.
Well thats all I got for now, back to think tank mode.

Xwinged_demonX
06-26-2002, 07:12 PM
I would say if there is one major improvment as far as the site is concerned would be some more reviewing or at least some uptodate news on new technology coming out. Forinstance you could have reviews on the best geforce4 card for overclocking or maybe you could keep us in touch on the newest chipsets coming out and what not. Other than that the site is top quality. Way to go guys :)

Leo
06-26-2002, 08:16 PM
A phase change shootout would be nice :). Also, articles on top-notch 3DMark setups (cooling, tweaks, lots of pictures) such as macci's "Road to the Highest 3DMark 2001 Score" on VR-Zone would be good content suitable for this site's audience.

LBJGH
06-26-2002, 08:38 PM
What a great contest...

I'm in the process of upgrading my aging Asus A7V and 1ghz t-bird @ 1365mhz to an Abit AX7-333. I intend on using my t-bird until the Barton chips are released. I have had my t-bird up to 1575mhz on an Iwill kk266+ ... it even posted at 1600MHz.
:toast:

neo1999
06-26-2002, 11:22 PM
oops! Had another idea...

Since all that phase-change cooling gear and stuff tends to be expensive, perhaps someone trustworthy like oppainter or kurupt could coordinate some group-buys to get the prices down.

Personally I'd love to get the MX-EVA3 Evaporator Cooler if I could get it for under $400 shipped.

scrllock
06-27-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Brothernod
Scrllock, actually I think the forum based website is a GREAT idea.

I think posting all their articles on the forums makes it much easier to search. Perhaps official articles would have a different subject color so they stand out.

but the ability to really be able to search all articles is really kewl in my opinion

Yes, I do particularlry like how anyone can post a review, but it seems like the "official" reviews should be someplace special.

Brothernod
06-27-2002, 07:07 AM
I agree that something would be needed to differentiate, that's why I suggested a different topic color for them. Something that would stand out.

TheDude
06-27-2002, 08:06 AM
I would be happy to accept the Xp2200! As for the forum....keep it as is! Keep the Big Dawg Overclockers coming back...The list of posters reads like a whos who list for OCers! Make it live up to its name EXTREME!

Maximus Nickus
06-27-2002, 09:07 AM
Reading about a lot of people wanting faster access (refering to a new serve I presume) I looked at the total members....

I don't think there is really any need at this time for huge amounts of speed as the community is smallish for the time being.

I'm certainly not critisizing anyone just pointing this out if people are unaware:)

I'll admit this is a Nice forum , clean.

scrllock
06-27-2002, 04:02 PM
also, it'd be nice to have somewhat of a small forum, that is close knit and helps eachother...

flip314
06-27-2002, 07:25 PM
reviews, reviews, and more reviews. :) especially motherboards

I've got a 1700+@1.66 GHz, and I'd like a little more bang out of my system, so a 2200+ would rock me. woo!

Brothernod
06-27-2002, 08:20 PM
not to sound greedy, but would it be possible to get a list of all the people who qualified before the drawing??

I know that there are 98 posts right now, but there are a few posts from some people, and many just gave genric answers.

wow, i sound greedy, but that 2200 would look nice with my R300 and watercooling.... :D

and on a side note, :banana: is just kick ass.
so is :stick: ... lol, stick.

JAWS
06-27-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus Nickus
Reading about a lot of people wanting faster access (refering to a new serve I presume) I looked at the total members....

I don't think there is really any need at this time for huge amounts of speed as the community is smallish for the time being.

I'm certainly not critisizing anyone just pointing this out if people are unaware:)

I'll admit this is a Nice forum , clean.

Agreed! I think they're referring to the day we got slammed with 299 guests at one time. This was right in the middle of our server change; I don't think we'll have that problem anymore! (with the new server) ;)

t1rhino
06-28-2002, 05:31 AM
Wow, my first post. :)

Anyways, since this is an Xtreme computer site, I think there should be a section on Xtreme cooling. You know, the different products available, some reviews, and some guides for the Xtreme noobs on how to supercool our computers.:)

Maybe some LN2, total liquid submersion, etc.

stoopid
06-28-2002, 07:13 AM
Forum colrs need to be changed.

Customized BBS sites attract more members! :)

Bravo
06-28-2002, 08:33 AM
I would like to see the consolidation of several seperate forums into a singular forum to promote more page views per forums, as well as encourage other members to visit a single forum to view a wide range of related topics.

Several suggestions for the website include:
1. Easier to navigate, eye-candy increased, advertiser aware layout. Simple to use, and pleasing.
2. Software articles including tweaking video cards, chipsets, motherboards, even CPUs. XS.org has some of the highest scoring 3D Mark members on the Orb, and a simple article to explain some of the more easily understood concepts would attract others interested in increasing their score.
3. Guides to voltage mods, video, motherboards etc..
4. Consolidated php based benchmarks database for a wide range of systems, including Intel and AMD, as well as DDR and RD-RAM memory systems. To promote 'real' benchmarks being posted, emailed in/confirmed by forum members, and posted in an easy to navigate database, with accurate information. I cannot stress the information enough, the more available on a system, the better.
5. "Beast of the best" article, consistantly updated with the best components available to get that high 3D Mark/Folding/Gaming score. This is updated once every 1 - 3 weeks with components suggested by forum goers.

There are quite a few ways to increase the number of page counts too. Proliterating to other forums with the XS.Org sig handy would draw people to the site where "1337" people gather to discuss components and talk about hardware/software tweaks. Posting reviews/articles and emailing them to other hardware sites would also encourage more page views. Making 'forum regulars' and moderators respond to even the most 'newbish' of posts would provide a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Getting in the 'know' with companys who produce the components you want to buy (explaining you use, and recommend them) would also establish some sort of relationship to encourage people giving you components for review.

These are just a few. There are many, many more ways to help out.

Huckleberry
06-28-2002, 10:58 AM
As a beginning "wanna-be," I'd like to see more in the way of "how-to" guides. Even some of the basic stuff would be helpful.

stoopid
06-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Oh, and for whatever reason I have a hard time finding things. There may be too many topics. Having "xtreme" this or that, then having seperate cpu and hardware sections that could easily fall into one of the "xtreme" sections is a bit confusing and cluttered.

Less is more when it comes to topics IMHO.

dorokhin
06-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Hey guys. I think I have what might be the simplest but best idea for you. You guys have a lot of systems on madonion.com's hall of fame; what I would like to see is all of the creators of those systems put up a step by step guide on how they setup and tweaked their system. This type of guide on how to make the best systems in the world would help both n00bz and techies alike. this guide could be updated everytime something is tweaked and we would be able to see what changes add performance. This seems like a simple idea but I've never seen a site with an ongoing guide about what they are doing to tweak a supercomputer. This guide could also include the prices of all the components in the system; that way anyone who reads the guide and has the cash could build a computer that at least comes close to the performance you guys put out.

I'd love to win that prize but, either way, I think A LOT of people would really love to see these types of guides and I hope you guys seriously consider taking some time to write at least one complete guide to building a computer like the ones in the 3dmark hall of fame.

frink
06-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey guys my first post here, but I am a regular over at your old stomping ground. I guess the only thing I can think of to sugest is the color its very white. Maybe you could make a different style set for those of us who hate all the white.

Yodums
06-28-2002, 08:09 PM
Yup I'm Yodums. Perhaps many of you know me here. Anyways, here's my reason for a site improvement:

There seems to be lack of information on the site, as your links are very empty. The reviews, should be typed up in series of pages instead of linked to the forums. For example: Make a review display it on the layout of the site instead of the forums, and then break it up in pages, it looks much cleaner. People get very stressed looking at a forum page the lenght of 1ft or something.

There should be a search menu. The database will eventually expand to a huge one, and people will navigate through the site alot to find what they want, perhaps a search option will make it easier.

The links on the webpage can perhaps popup a box when you go over them. I find that good sites will keep their links small, which makes it clean and pops it out to bigger things and expand, e.g. Microsoft.

If you become big try to contact cooling manufactures and stuff for testing because, I as a user and many others love to see cooling reviews, CPU reviews, and motherboard reviews.

What I like about the site:

I love the silver color. I hate sites that are dark and hard to look at. It's horrible. How you kept your site easy to navigate through so far. The menu is very small and detailed and branches off into more heavier stuff.

Don't take what I said hard. You guys done an excellent job, and getting a webpage up is extremely difficult.

You guys done an excellent job.

These are my various reasons to win that T-Bred :D

Yodums

Brothernod
06-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Once again though, I think a forum based article structute is a good idea. I believe it will provide the greatest amount of database searchability, and it really does allow the author to respond to questions and clarify everyting when something is unclear.

Since this is the 2nd time mentioned, perhaps a poll should be posted with explanations to the benefits of both sides??

deerhunter
06-28-2002, 08:24 PM
I would like to see a custom made Benchmark Software and Logging System called "Xtreme Benchmarks". Perhaps something similar to Madonion testing but, Unique to Xtremers, catagorizing types of cooling, processors and such. It should be for members only and available after a minimum number of posts to generate posting, cooperation, etc. The logistics could become fun, allowing the top 25 to hold a spot for certain period of time, therefore sharing the spotlight.
Example:
Xtreme Benchmark Top OC On Air Cooling June 2002
"Deerhunter" :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
His prize is this 37cent micro-clip to do his next Vcore mod!
edited ---------- VMem mod!!!!!!!

sy5tem
06-28-2002, 08:28 PM
well this place is darn nice..
could always use a database with gpu serial and o/c also
a cpu database with serial number and max o/c e.t.c this is something thats would be cool

Merkin
06-28-2002, 11:59 PM
Being new to this forum and not having a chance to really read all you have to offer puts me at a great disadvantage when it comes to recommending improvements to the site. True, visually it is somewhat bland, but I didn't come here for flashy pictures. It would seem your goal is to provide informatino that helps people setup systems that operate on the edge of the envelope. As a newbie to overclocking I know I am interested in learning what I need to do physically to the hardware and functionally to the BIOS settings, to get my beast screaming. Realizing there are some inherent risks involved, my primary concern is to not trash the cpu or mobo. Articles on "how to" carry out the physical hardware setup that emphasize dangers, pitfalls, and common mistakes will always be welcome by new readers/members. As for hardware reviews, there are plenty of sites reviewing mobo's, coolers, and video cards under normal conditions. You need to do it under xtreme conditions, and don't stick to the regular line of products. Go out and find the obscure devices that employ new technology or adapt non-computer components to get the job done. If you want to be different, if you want to be XTREME, you have to go outside the lines! Oh, and any articles that dispell the mystery of those BIOS settings, are always helpful. Keep up the good work.

denedes
06-29-2002, 03:13 AM
I'd like to see you expand on your BIOS settings guide with suggested optimum settings for more boards and, more importantly, comprehensive explanations of common BIOS settings.

Motherboard manuals often lack thorough explanations on what particular settings do and you will often see "Keep this set to Default" as the only comment on a particular setting.

For each setting, you could have an executive summary for a quick overview, as well as an in-depth explanation for the techies.

Maximus Nickus
06-29-2002, 06:40 AM
dorokhin

Head over to www.overclockers.com and take a look at my Tweaks Guide located in the Video/Sound card section, I have revealed all of the Tweaks for the highest 3DMark score.

Howdy Yodums! Theres a lot of overclockers.com support here!
Maximus Nickus (www.overclockers.com)

gtghm
06-29-2002, 06:01 PM
I'd like to see the new High Point Serial ATA raid card reviewed.

Here is the link (http://www.highpoint-tech.com/)

I'd like to know if it is faster than the onboard raid controllers and if it can stand up to overclocking.

"g"

GEORGE
06-29-2002, 07:29 PM
HOW ABOUT A CASE CONTAIN WATER COOLING SYSTEM,NOT THESE (-C )SYSTEMS THAT HAVE ALL THE HARDWARE ON A TABLE OUTSIDE THE CASE.TRY TAKING ALL THOSE PARTS TO A LAN PARTY

Maximus Nickus
06-30-2002, 03:33 AM
www.vapochill.com :):):)
M_N

Hardass
06-30-2002, 04:08 AM
Why are you posting links in the contest thread. How is this going to improve this forum?

Maximus Nickus
06-30-2002, 04:18 AM
Sorry, forgot it was a contest forum:rolleyes:

elric
06-30-2002, 05:10 AM
Id like to see more reviews on the more extreme cooling and the benifit that is gotten from it. While youre at it it would be a good idea to keep the ambient temp the same to directly compare the reviews. something that noone else seems to want to do.
BTW-you guys/gals make this site cool (literally)

Svenn
06-30-2002, 08:37 AM
I thought of something else I'd like to see while I was looking at new parts and things for my comp. I'd like to see some guides on condensation proofing. Anyone going into really extreme cooling is going to need to know how to do this. Perhaps see if OPP or MrIcee would mind writing up how they did their condensation proofing.
And while I'm at it, guides/reviews or whatever you want to call them... about peltiers. Maybe their own forum section. There doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of info around on them.

Klith
06-30-2002, 08:55 AM
This is my first post here... I'm pretty new to extreme cooling and overclocking. Here are a few things I'd like to see to help me and other new people out...
Complete guides from purchasing to use of all forms of cooling with perhaps a rating for user level... like this form is for novices, this is for experienced overclockers, and this is for only the extreme modder/overclocker. Something like that...
Lists of the best overclocking motherboards and processors... and the highest and average overclocks from them...
And I would like to see more pictures in these guides so I know that I'm doing it right...

:stick:

Brothernod
06-30-2002, 09:19 AM
I like to do stuff ghetto. and by that I mean, well, make it myself rather that store bought.

For my watercooling the only thing I really brought ready made was the pump and the fans for the rad. I made the rad from a heatercore. made the waterblock with the help of a mill machine at work. made the res from a junction box from home dept.

well you get the idea.

What I was thinking on doing was maybe, MAYBE, making a phase change cooling system myself. Hacking apart a refridgerator, or an air conditioner, is probably how i'd go (i'm cheap too hehe)

Articles on do it yourself extreme stuff is kewl. I mean, creativity will always get you onto the front page of [H] or any other place that attracts attention. Because attention is good, and so is building a community.

Minney
06-30-2002, 04:43 PM
excellent site -- cant think of anything to add to it -- except maybe a section for pictures of "how to's " -- i'm a visual learner -- pictures speak a thousand words to me:banana: :banana:

and i just love the dancing bananna:toast:

Gerbil
06-30-2002, 09:05 PM
This is great! I got the link from my buddies over at the madonion forums. I hope I win :D

The front page just looks a bit plain. Get a rid of the bars and make it at least look like the news items at www.amdmb.com.

The Coolest
07-01-2002, 06:05 AM
So!!! Who won?? :p

Hardass
07-01-2002, 10:34 AM
The Winner will be anounced tomorrow morning, alot of post,s to read. Please be Patient. Thank You All.
Hardass,