PDA

View Full Version : THE AM2 SOCKET cfx3200m2/g mobo

ZL1Killa
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
JUST so I'm CLEAR : this is the AM2 SOCKET CFX3200m2/g board.

has anyone got theirs working? what psu are you using? what graphics card are you using? how do you have your memory setup?(slots?)

ZL1Killa
01-12-2007, 09:50 PM
oh, the OCZ 520W PSU will NOT power a single 1950xtx pci xpress video card.... probably due to the fact its BROKE...but oh twell

problem with board solved... freakin psu isn't enough.... go figure. enermax galaxy 850W bought

ZL1Killa
01-18-2007, 11:00 PM
ok guys, it runs, I have a bad 520W OCZ PSU, now running on a 620W. BUT, when i first turn it on, it will beep its 1 time, and then post a few seconds later. then when it is done posting, at the bottom it says :
CMOS checksum error ---> defaults loaded

why does it say this?

also, with this board you press F3 during bootup to access the RAID stuff and install drivers... well i press F3 and it shows me the 2 drives i have and has nothing about installing a driver?? how in the world do i install the new driver, as this may fix my error i think.

ZL1Killa
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
this MOTHERBOARD SUCKS BIG FAT BALLS. no support, still in beta testing.... etc etc...

at this point i'm going to get my OCZ 520W psu fixed and go back to my 939 setup since manufacturers cannot seem to get the AM2 + crossfire stuff right.

hell, i might even sell all that i have and CONVERT to intel and nVidia!!!!!!!

msimax
01-19-2007, 03:30 PM
whats going wrong now?

ZL1Killa
01-19-2007, 08:59 PM
well i get it turned on. the mobo beeps at me saying its good to go. it posts. then it says CMOS checksum error, defaults loaded.

F1 to continue, so i press F1. windows screen comes up with bar at bottom scrolling. ...stays there.....stays there. sometimes it goes into windows sometimes it doesn't.

Then, restart machine. and to get it to turn back on, i have to use the jumper on the cmos to clear everything and turn all power off. Computer posts, I press DEL to go to setup.

it goes to the bios screen, I change the date/time, i change the memory timings to what they should be, i change the DDR2 voltage to 2.0V. Exit and save changes. NOTHING. I then have to turn computer off, reset CMOS with jumper, and restore power. then it turns on and beeps once, posts, press F1 to continue; windows scrolling at bottom screen... just keeps on scrolling...and scrolling...pause... scrolling scrolling.... so i just turn it off.

and then the boot order.... I mean to me this is really stupid but whatever. The boot order is Floppy, Hard disk, CD rom. So even if i put a cd in there...like the windows CD... it won't read it, and I can't change the order cuz i can't save the settings from the bios screen....

I'm going to TRY and find the bios for this durn board, and do a reflash on it.

msimax
01-19-2007, 10:27 PM
try upping the vcore
and also is this a fresh install ? alot of mb been having trouble with that cpu and need a bios flash which i couldn't find right know.
if you have another am2 cpu i would put that in and test also call up dfi tech and bug the heck out of them
some of this info might help

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=66

ZL1Killa
01-19-2007, 10:40 PM
i'm posting this using the desktop right now by the way.and it ain't gettin cutoff tonight or until i get my 850W psu picked up and installed

this is not a fresh windows install if thats what you are asking. i do have another cpu.... but why would that be the issue?i see what ur saying but, i know it doesn't say much as its a hit or miss with electronics...but my buddy is running the same cpu and his works?(his temps are reading VERY funny, then again so are mine. he didn't have the cmos problem.

HOWEVER, i do have a 4600+ cpu that i COULD try... don't really want to but hey, i can.

also, how can i up the vcore without going into the BIOS? cuz once i get in i have to reset everything to get it to turn on again?? should i use smartgaurdian?

msimax
01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
i dont fresh install to but have you tried diff acpi settings in the bios

i would adjust from the bios just restart from windows go in the bios and give everything a bump up

ps can you post bios shots?

ZL1Killa
01-20-2007, 11:32 AM
yeh i can post bios shots. the problem is man, when i get into the bios change what i want to change and click SAVE AND EXIT. it exits... but the computer won't boot back up.... so wtf is the point in trying to change things?

i'm going to try a reflash when my friend gets back up here from going home and see if it is the bios. I have just checked all my jumper settings on my CD drives, and hard drives and everything on that is fine.

ZL1Killa
01-20-2007, 12:46 PM
don't know if it will help or not but,...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/zl1killaws6/CPU.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/zl1killaws6/ChipsetsouthbridgeBIOS.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/zl1killaws6/memory.jpg

ZL1Killa
01-20-2007, 08:25 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/zl1killaws6/mybiosidstring.jpg

thats whats on this thing

stm
01-21-2007, 12:21 AM
your HT link is x1? weird.

ZL1Killa
01-21-2007, 07:04 AM
u got me. it could be reading it wrong... idk. going to be trying a bios today

ZL1Killa
01-21-2007, 07:25 AM
god i hope flashing it fixes it..... i really do.
also going to get battery just in case

cuz other than that idk what to do :(

if this doesn't work... its going to probably be an RMA to DFI..... :(

I mean, what do yall think? its gotta be the board right? i can't make any changes to the bios, nor can i click restart in windows and have the computer restart, everytime I want it to turn back on I have to turn all power off, reset the cmos via jumper, and turn power back on... then it boots ....

ZL1Killa
01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
A new battery doesn't work. going to flash it tonight. startup disk works... just gotta get time to do it.

ZL1Killa
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
what could be causing this CMOS checksum error?? it ain't the battery and its not being caused by my many hard drives and settings... as i tried with just one hard drive.

the setup is in my signature, but here it is again anyway:

AM2 5200+ 2.6ghz x2
CFX3200M2/G
ATI 1950xtx Crossfire
TXDD2048M667HC3DC-M memory
swiftech ultra+ water cooling,
enermax 850W galaxy

also have IDE adapter for my 2 ide drives (Rosewill IDE only adapter) PCI device. Used to run my 200gb and 300gb IDE drives

36.7 WD Raptor----- WINDOWS and windos apps only (including antivirus)
320GB SATA 3g/s ---Games, applications, just my stuff
300gb IDE ----------downloads/games/utilities/backup
200gb IDE ----------strictly downloads and backup

ZL1Killa
01-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Bios didn't work. DFI even emailed me back and sent me the link.

again: what in the world can cause the CMOS Checksum error?

the setup is in my signature, but here it is again anyway:

AM2 5200+ 2.6ghz x2
CFX3200M2/G
ATI 1950xtx Crossfire
TXDD2048M667HC3DC-M memory
swiftech ultra+ water cooling,
enermax 850W galaxy

also have IDE adapter for my 2 ide drives (Rosewill IDE only adapter) PCI device. Used to run my 200gb and 300gb IDE drives

36.7 WD Raptor----- WINDOWS and windos apps only (including antivirus)
320GB SATA 3g/s ---Games, applications, just my stuff
300gb IDE ----------downloads/games/utilities/backup
200gb IDE ----------strictly downloads and backup

SnipingWaste
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Try setting the LDT/HTT multi to X4 or X3 (HTT 800/HTT 600) and see if that works.

ZL1Killa
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
did memtest86... no errors

Try setting the LDT/HTT multi to X4 or X3 (HTT 800/HTT 600) and see if that works.

thats a setting in the bios right? yeh, can't change it. If i go into the bios, make a change, click exit and save, the computer won't reboot

i'm probably going to get in touch with DFI about sending this thing back and asking for a new one or something....this is just plain crazy

ZL1Killa
01-22-2007, 11:40 PM
baaaaah. RMA'ing this thing.

ZL1Killa
01-23-2007, 05:57 AM
i'm going to talk to myself from now on. thanks for the help from the ppl that posted in here and actually read my posts, and thanks at DFI forums that actually got me somewhat in the right direction.

ZL1Killa
01-23-2007, 06:04 AM
see if my new sig pic workd

markr
01-23-2007, 06:25 PM
see if my new sig pic workd

That hair dryer and your name make me want to ask if you have a V8 powered Z car?

ZL1Killa
01-23-2007, 10:25 PM
hahaha, naw but gettin close to it... well somewhat haha.

i got a ws6 trans am with that hair dryer. its a 6speed. and since nothing can be accomplished on here about my computer... here is the link to my STS build,

My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
www.coe.uncc.edu/~samitch1 <-- this is MY webpage