PDA

View Full Version : buy or not!

roccco
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Im into fps computer games
my friend has been bugging me to get xbox 360 so we could play it online!
There is a deal where i can get an x360 core system for $250 brand new!
Should i go for it or just for get about it!
I have a 27 inch HDTV.
thx

I like sports games and car games other than FPS!

What do you think?

mr_knowitall15
01-17-2007, 11:12 PM
IMO sports and racing games are better played on a console. FPS should ONLY be played on a PC. I feel retarded in FPS games on a console nowadays. I must say even though you save some money, the core system sucks a$$. If youre gonna bother, get the premium with the HDD and other extras.

Hey_Its_Cole
01-18-2007, 04:26 AM
I am an advocate of computer gaming, but I having recently bought a xbox 360, I have to say I extremely happy with my purchase, I even like fps on it.

Lestat
01-18-2007, 10:05 AM
im in the same boat as the other guys.
i am a hardcore pc FPS lover, and have NEVER been able to play any FPS on the xbox 1 but.
for some reason, and maybe its me, i am having a freaking blast playing them on my 360.
gears of war, rainbow 6 Vegas(which is unf$king believable) and Lost planet (which can be played in 3rd or 1st person)

dont hesitate to buy one guy but buy a hard drive along with it.
those memory cards dry up real fast, and without a hard drive you wont be able to download any content, demo's xbox live arcade, or any of that.

for 99 for a hard drive its a rip off since its only a 20gig but we dont have any choices right now until someone mods the things to take larger hard drives (i have a 100gig laptop sata drive sitting in my room just for such an occasion)

dont hesitate man, there are some great games. and even more coming.!
guitar hero 2 is even coming w/ 10 more songs

DoomSayer
01-20-2007, 04:27 PM
the more u play fps on xbox 360 the more you get used to it.

NoPeace
01-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I used to hate playing FPS games on the console aside from GoldenEye. THen when I got the x360 and GRAW I was amazed on how well it played. Nearly as good as the computer. And from there I've gotten tons of FPS games for it and they all play extreamly well (much better then how the Xbox, PS2 or PS3 plays).

Also avoid the Core system. It's just not worth it. Even if you do save $30. Because you will want to get a HDD for it. It's high useful as there is tons to DL for it and you will want to buy the HD cables since you have an HDTV. So with that you'll need to spend an extra $140 just to get the experience. And the final result is you just having the Premium system that doesn't have the crome finish and only a wired controller. SO spend the extra $10 and get the nice crome finish and wireless controller. ;)

NoPeace - out

LazyBum
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
If you can afford a Pro system, by all means go for it. I wouldn't bother with the core system, it's too stripped down, you really won't end up saving any money by the time you purchase the crap that they don't include with core system.

I love my 360, the more time I spend with it the better I like it. If the media player only did AVI files...then it would be even sweeter, but I can always transcode stuff into WMV to watch over the network.

Kingcarcas
01-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Don't go for the core because then you don't get a fancy silver tray:D I've been playing console FPS my whole life, it's the PC that took some getting used to, but it was a big reason in me getting back into PC gaming :banana:

flclisgreat
01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
it depends. will you get $400 worth of enjoyment out of it? if so then buy it, if not then don't