PDA

View Full Version : My UFO Build

kemist
01-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Well after seeing everyone elses MM UFO I bought one a while ago. The build had to wait for a bit for a variety of reasons, such as the dented PA120.3 that you may have read about :p: Anyway i may decide to get some better cable management going, but its not as bad as it looks in the pictures and under my desk where its dim you can't tell anyway.

Specs:
Core 2 duo 6600 @ 3.6ghz (not the best oc'er unfortunately)
X1900XT crossfire @ 725 / 775
DFI Infinity 975xg
4 Gigs Ballistix 6400 @ 800 4-4-4
X-fi fatality

Cpu Loop:
DDC with petra's top
Swiftech Storm Rev 1
PA120.3 w/ shroud and Yate D12SM's
Alphacool Cape bullseye reservoir (acetal)

GPU Loop:
DDC with Petra's top
PA160 w/ D12SM
MCR-220 w/ D12SL's
2 Maze 4 GPU's
Alphacool Cape bullseye reservoir (acetal)

The fan controller is a sunbeam Theta that i mounted in acrylic and got an internal USB cord for, however the software doesn't work in XP64 so i have a T-ban BigNG on the way to replace it.

kemist
01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Couple more pics. The 6600 pic is mid lapping, as you can see pretty bad factory finish. Those with bad temps may want to look at lapping.

IanY
01-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Looks nice :toast: Its great that you got a PA160 to fit down there. Never thought I would say this, but even the MM looks kind of cramped now :)

tommrussell
01-10-2007, 12:27 PM
nice build kemist with those rads it really does look cramped my ufo will be landing friday (weather permiting) really like the blue metal flake on that rad and what are you useing for coolant i like the color also nice lapping job on the chip

kemist
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
nice build kemist with those rads it really does look cramped my ufo will be landing friday (weather permiting) really like the blue metal flake on that rad and what are you useing for coolant i like the color also nice lapping job on the chip

Thanks tom. I didnt think a UFO would ever look cramped either :p: . Coolant is pentosin from petra's. I think it looks more blue and less green in real life, however if you like that color in the pics you could mix some hydrx with some pentosin. I actually did this before i redid the loop and it was a cool aqua color. If you were to do this route go light on the hydrx and add step wise because it seems to dominate color wise.

tommrussell
01-10-2007, 02:02 PM
@kemist i'm running pentosin now was hoping for a diff color to go with the new ufo hell was hoping for a diff color ufo wanted brushed alu but settled for black so am rethinking color combos ya the more i look at your coolant the more i like it and will use your reciepe thanks

SiGfever
01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Nice job on your build. It doesn't take long even in a UFO before it starts getting full. When I first got my case I said, I'll never fill this thing up but mid way into the build I realized that I was wrong.

Good work! :toast:

tommrussell
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Nice job on your build. It doesn't take long even in a UFO before it starts getting full. When I first got my case I said, I'll never fill this thing up but mid way into the build I realized that I was wrong.

Good work! :toast:

just hope mine look half as good as kemist's

SiGfever
01-10-2007, 06:44 PM
If you see crop circles in your yard it is a dead giveaway that the landing was successful. :D

kemist
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I really didnt think it would be as packed as it is when i ordered it; you kinda take for granted that you can fit anything in there. But that build would be just about impossible with any other case cept for maybe the Lian Li cube. Good luck on your build Tom, I'm sure it'll look great :up:

Patriote
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Yup, Looks Nice! :D

tommrussell
01-10-2007, 08:35 PM
If you see crop circles in your yard it is a dead giveaway that the landing was successful. :D

naaa i'm gonna take a drive up the coloumbia river gorge from portland weather permiting (snow) ohh i know it will be glowing snow circles plus i get to meet the ufo leader (ben)

seeing you and kemist fill your ufo's like that has me a little worried but i guess i'll make do

hopper
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
more lights.... i like led spotlights from petras for 3$

kemist
01-11-2007, 06:37 AM
more lights.... i like led spotlights from petras for 3$

If thats directed at me, i'm actually using those spotlights for lighting, they are pretty nice. I didn't want to go overboard with lighting, however, because i sometimes leave it on over night and lots of LED's keeps me awake (experience with other lighted rigs).

SlicerSV
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM
if i ever get to do the build i really want i want to put UV dye in my water and then use a blacklight, and do that in a ufo. i'll also have uv wires and connectors and such. that way my build will glow, but not glare.

welshtom
01-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I am tempted to get one of these MM cases, or even stock them.

They look so nice to work in

Tom

JoeBar
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM
There the best to work with... :woot:

serialk11r
01-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Lucky... I wish you could suffer with me and my thermaltake aguila. Oh and the more lights the better:D Petra has 2 dollar LEDs that have a nice little plastic mount thing. I got 3 of them. 2 blues for my GPUs and 1 red for my CPU. Wow my rig is gonna be pretty damn colorful. I got a UV cold cathode for 5 bucks, then uv reactive zip ties. Uv reactive IDE cable for DVD. UV green dye which is pretty green, and plenty of blue LED fans. Lets see 6 led fans blue, later I will add in UV sata cables, 1 red led for CPU (its gotta look "powerful") and blues for graphics (showing off SLI) and green liquid for my WC system which will hopefully come soon. I was thinking of making an acrylic plate with red LEDs to make my rad look cool too hehehe.

Philly_Boy
01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Sweet build, Kemist, it's nice to see yet another cool U2-UFO build. Aren't the black cases like sooooo nice? Never thought I'd see three rads in a case! Nice job. . .all our builds have their own personality. Makes me miss The Wraith while I am out here in Las Vegas. So, who's next on the U2-UFO parade??

serialk11r
01-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Sweet build, Kemist, it's nice to see yet another cool U2-UFO build. Aren't the black cases like sooooo nice? Never thought I'd see three rads in a case! Nice job. . .all our builds have their own personality. Makes me miss The Wraith while I am out here in Las Vegas. So, who's next on the U2-UFO parade??
Three rads? I might do that... If certain circumstances allow. With a midtower:D Ya well If I will I'll be cheating. 2 120.1s and a 120.2:D

Philly_Boy
01-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I am tempted to get one of these MM cases, or even stock them.

Tom
I can tell you they would move very quickly. The black U2-UFO's are the most popular I think.

tommrussell
01-14-2007, 06:08 AM

i'll nave pics later today or tomorrow as i'm just now starting to install the water tubes and last minute wre management

Solarfall
01-14-2007, 06:30 AM
really like the way how you have put those hdd on the rad. very creative:eek:
and everything else looks nice too, do some more cable managment ( just hide em) and it will be perfect.

kemist
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
really like the way how you have put those hdd on the rad.

Thats actually mountain mod's stock hdd mounting method, you can screw them on to any 120mm fan or rad, I'm pretty sure you can order them by themselves as well.

Can't wait to see your build tom :)

Again thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it.

tommrussell
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Thats actually mountain mod's stock hdd mounting method, you can screw them on to any 120mm fan or rad, I'm pretty sure you can order them by themselves as well.

Can't wait to see your build tom :)

Again thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it.

its done but much like creidiki i'm too lazy and kicking back and eating cake, plus the batteries in the camera are dead will post'em tomorrow