PDA

View Full Version : Resume from standby VCore problem

Cra$h 0veride
01-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey,

I have this problem with my comp where whenever I resume from standby the vcore seems to jump astronomically causing my comp to overheat and programs kick in and restart and everything becomes fine. I have an air cooled TEC setup that normally does just fine cooling my overclocked AMD Athlon 3500+ (939) which runs at 1.6v. My mobo is an Asus A8V Deluxe. Here is a screenshot of the voltage reading after resuming from standby. Any ideas what would cause this?

Vice
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
If those numbers are even close to being accurate, It could very well be your psu. If your +12v line drops below... 11.95, your going to start having some serious problems, and yours is at 11.247..

Trying lowering your oc and vcore, see if that helps

Soulburner
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
My DFI BIOS detected the core temperature incorrectly when resuming from standby. It caused all the fans to run at max until the system was rebooted.

Just an idea.

Cra$h 0veride
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, i tried reducing oc to factory settings with similar results. I also tried reading the voltage spike using speefan instead of asus probe and it seemed to record the same thing, although not as drastic, it said the vcore jumped from 1.6v to 1.8v which is too much for my air cooled tec... I suspect the TEC being the problem, and as for the 12v rail, its always been like that with no problems b4 probly jus a bad quality PSU... Thx for trying though guys