PDA

View Full Version : Gamextreme owners - please confirm

Richard Dower
01-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Is the white -5V wire from the ATX 24 connector missing from your PSU's?...are you missing any pins from said connector?

Oklahoma Wolf
01-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Considering that the -5v was removed from the ATX specification some time ago, it wouldn't shock me too much if every last GXS is missing that wire ;)

The FSP Epsilon I have in front of me is missing it, as is my Silverstone ST56ZF. Pretty sure it's missing from the Ultra too, but checking that one means powering off which I'm too lazy to do right now.

The Nemesis
01-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I have two GXS 700w, both do not have the white wire:)

kimandsally
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Is the white -5V wire from the ATX 24 connector missing from your PSU's?...are you missing any pins from said connector?

I'm mystified, do you not like this PSU? If I were you I'd sell it and buy something else it looks like your actually trying to find fault that isn't there.

Please forgive my attitude it's not mean't to be nasty, but for some reason you seem to be looking to get rid of this PSU, can I ask if it's running OK because I was going to build a PC for a friend and use one of these.

Richard Dower
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm not happy with the amount of coil/inductor/electrical noise coming from within the PSU, the 12V rails are very high...and i RMA'd my first PSU, this new one if no better.

OCZ claim it's normal, but while running Orthos dual prime and considering the aomunt of hardware attached to said PSU my 12V rails are still 12.61V while the 5V rail is 4.88V...to my mind the 12V rails are either PUSHING the ATX spec to the limit or damn well breaking it.

During idel i get 12.65V, but again OCZ say this is normal...whereas my 700W model was always 5.01V on the 5V rails and the 12V rails were around 12.20-25V.

kimandsally
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm not happy with the amount of coil/inductor/electrical noise coming from within the PSU, the 12V rails are very high...and i RMA'd my first PSU, this new one if no better.

OCZ claim it's normal, but while running Orthos dual prime and considering the aomunt of hardware attached to said PSU my 12V rails are still 12.61V while the 5V rail is 4.88V...to my mind the 12V rails are either PUSHING the ATX spec to the limit or damn well breaking it.

During idel i get 12.65V, but again OCZ say this is normal...whereas my 700W model was always 5.01V on the 5V rails and the 12V rails were around 12.20-25V.

Gosh I didn't know this is the second PSU, if it were mine and those measurements are from a Digital MM then I would be asking for my money back because the 12v is out of ATX spec and that doesn't take into account any ripple that might occur, if OCZ say say that's OK and within spec then I am dissapointed in them.

Good luck whatever happens.