PDA

View Full Version : New Vault Teams

UCmajewski
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Rectilinear Crossing Number, Spinhenge@Home, and Proteins@Home have all been added to the vault. Do we have a team in any of these projects ?

We got teams in Rectilinear and SpinHedge it appears .... didnt find a proteins team.

mike047
01-06-2007, 05:57 PM
proteins@home dosen't.

You start one, I'll work some.

UCmajewski
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM
proteins@home dosen't.

You start one, I'll work some.

We should have one up Proteins@home (http://bioc.polytechnique.fr/proteinsathome). Seems like a typical BOINC project.

[XC] gomeler
01-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Very intersting, I'll look into these projects and see if I can help make a dent tomorrow. More projects = more points, fun stuff.

UCmajewski
01-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Well latest vault update ..... dun dun duh .... we have just been re passed by the cows by a comfortable margin. Mostly since they were strong in Spinhenge@Home. We have a proteins@home team now .... throwing a few machines at it. Spinhenge@Home gave us 3,404.580153 and Rectilinear Crossing Number gave 3,641.304348 points in the latest additions.

mike047
01-07-2007, 03:43 AM
I'll have one box on each before the day is over.

[XC] 4X4N
01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
So guys, do you think it would be worth it for me to switch the rig I have on riesel sieve boinc to protiens@home? It looks like it will take a while to move up further on riesel sieve.

mike047
01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
proteins@home has nice short wu's, 13-30 min. goes quick.

Stonhenge has server problems at the moment.

Rectilinear has some real long work, and they don't have checkpoints. If you lose power or shut down...it starts over. Also the % of completion does not work, so you don't know if you have a super long or short wu:(

UCmajewski
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
So guys, do you think it would be worth it for me to switch the rig I have on riesel sieve boinc to protiens@home? It looks like it will take a while to move up further on riesel sieve.

yes we got a lot of points in BOINC project.

[XC] 4X4N
01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Just got set up with protiens@home. Getting no work from project error :mad: It's late. I'll leave it attached and see if I have work in the morning.

UCmajewski
01-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Just got set up with protiens@home. Getting no work from project error :mad: It's late. I'll leave it attached and see if I have work in the morning.

I dont think it like optimized BOINC files :(

zombie67
01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I dont think it like optimized BOINC files :(

Proteins@home appear to use a fixed credit system. Using an optimized benchmark BOINC client will have no effect on the credit system. But it also should not make anything fail either. FWIW, Proteins@home is very generous with the credits...;)

UCmajewski
01-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Proteins@home appear to use a fixed credit system. Using an optimized benchmark BOINC client will have no effect on the credit system. But it also should not make anything fail either. FWIW, Proteins@home is very generous with the credits...;)

True it does use a fixed credit .... but every WU that it uploaded with optimized said client error. Not only that.... the message after it uploaded in BOINC said something about the benches being too high. So I unoptimized with the newest BOINC version and presto it doesn't client error anymore.

2fink
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
joined protein@home, also running riesel-sieve boinc atm. (x2@2,6 18/7)

UCmajewski
01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=pro&team=XtremeSystems Not a bad day for this project and we got some 5,000+ points when it was added to the vault. Rectilinear crossing is doing great as well, might throw a rig on it as well. Gaining back our ground as usual, heck at this rate we might end up ahead because of the new projects.

[XC] 4X4N
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I am going to stop running DPAD. We are 3 million behind the next team, and put another rig on protiens@home. Looks like we can move up fast in this.

[XC] 4X4N
01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I just checked the vault standings, and we are less than 100 points behind the cows. :woot:

UCmajewski
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I just checked the vault standings, and we are less than 100 points behind the cows. :woot:

Well 20K down and we only took a few days to climb right back in front .... not only that, but I think we have gained ground on teams ranked ahead of us. We are 78.10 points behind as of 8:00 pm eastern.

[XC] riptide
01-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Make them feel the pain..... Ya.... its BBQ time! If anyones interested. We're due to overtake Team BeOS again!! This time in SOB in about 12/13 days. Gotta be worth a few points. Myself and 4x4n with Mely took them in DPAD a few days ago. :) Whipping No.2 boys!

[XC]melymel
01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm giving proteins@home a quick blast on the c2d to try and grab those few vault points left in it :toast:

Paladin
01-10-2007, 09:26 PM
So I unoptimized with the newest BOINC version and presto it doesn't client error anymore.

Newest being ver. 5.8.1? Was wondering how it runs. Says it recognises SSE, etc. and also compresses the result data for less bandwidth and disk usage.
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

[XC] 4X4N
01-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Do we want to continue with protiens@home? I have the c2d in my sig running it now. I was looking at eon. I might put it on that instead. What do you all think?

[XC] gomeler
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm adding about 10GHz of power onto Spinhenge@Home and taking my C2D off of it. Proteins@Home hasn't sent me work in a day so I'm shifting that 7GHz over to WCG while my 2GHz of celly powa will continue to crunch PSP-Sieve. I will also be adding ~4GHz to PSP-Sieve so I've got that project on lockdown asides from Team Primerib which is dominating the place. Anymore power that I aqcuire will temporarily be shifted towards WCG then back to conquoring the DC vault. Just thought I'd keep you guys updated. DC-Vault domination in 07!

Paladin
01-26-2007, 04:32 PM
If you do run EON make sure to run at least ((# cores)+1) instances of it as the WUs are very small and it connects to the server between each one to report old & get new, often with some network timeouts.

One of my Dual Xeon rigs runs 5 instances of EON plus 1 instance of EulerNet.

KaptainBlaZzed
01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
i have put 1/2 of 2 DX's on EON.

The reason i put 1/2 of 2 machines on it is EON has a habit of not having any work for you to do. By putting 1/2 of a cpu that has HT on eon and 1/2 on some other project it ensures that my comp is at load at all times. HT only gives you a small boost in projects so i am not loosing much. IF i were to put one of my C2D's on eon the comp would have down time, where the DX's do not.