PDA

View Full Version : Volt MOD Guide required for 128Mb R8500 Cards please

Gibbo
06-24-2002, 05:44 AM
Hi there

The new Hercules/ATI 128Mb Cards are pretty good clockers, however I am unhappy with just 310/310 at stock cooling and as always I want more. :D

As the back of these cards have a different layout to the original ATI R8500 64Mb, therefore the pencil volt mod does not work on the 128Mb cards. :(

So at the moment I have a Unitech LE which is doing 290/310 and an Hercules which is doing 310/310, both are completely stock.
Both are 128Mb cards and have identical layouts, I just need to find a GPU and memory voltage mod, and a pencil method would be preferred.

If anyone can help me with a volt mod guide I would be most happy.

Also I wish to do some BIOS flashing and tweaking, so where can I get a BIOS flash util that is compatible with these cards, and if possible some BIOS's to try out.

Thanks in advance! :)

P.S. Check the 3D Mark in sig for a pretty decent R8500 128Mb score form a stock 24/7 system. :D
Nice forums too, need speeding up though.

Hardass
06-24-2002, 06:26 AM
Welcome to Xreme, they have switched to a new server so should be straight speed wise shortly.

sysfailur
06-25-2002, 04:43 PM
They seem to be working quite well now thankfully, and again welcome to xtreme gibbo!

DDTUNG
06-25-2002, 05:21 PM
Welcome to Xtreme, m8.

The best way to find the Vmods for your new Radeon would be to send one to me. I'll figure out the mods, have OPP or MrIcee do some testing and review of it, and then send it back to you.:)

DDTUNG:cool:

himura-dono
07-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by DDTUNG
Welcome to Xtreme, m8.

The best way to find the Vmods for your new Radeon would be to send one to me. I'll figure out the mods, have OPP or MrIcee do some testing and review of it, and then send it back to you.:)

DDTUNG:cool:

lol, good way to generate more reviews for XS :toast:

PiLsY
07-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Could also try looking over at www.rage3d.com . They have a lot of decent info there on ATI cards in general. id be surprised if there wasnt a thread somewhere on their forums detailing exactly what youre after. Do remember tho that the pencil trick has not been seen before on any other gfx cards. It could be that you need to do a hardware mod on the new revision PCB.

PiLsY.