PDA

View Full Version : Mac Overclocking

serialk11r
01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I was just wondering, how do you overclock a mac? Like through a program? Just wondering, don't ask me what its for. I own a PC. I hate macs.

eddieate
01-05-2007, 01:27 PM
physical mods are the only way to overclock macs, and even then only some macs.
Ed.

[XC] gomeler
01-05-2007, 04:20 PM
The old powerPC Mac Minis were decent overclocks with the correct mods, you could get ~30% overclocks out of them. The new Macs based on Intel processors can be pin-modded but you must also perform vcore and vmem mods to get more than stock voltages. Macs are best left alone looking pretty in the corner with their stock processors :p: I own a Macbook by the way just to show that I am not biased. In fact I own the Macbook BECAUSE I can't overclock it, I needed a 100% stable platform to work from and I knew if I bought a PC laptop I'd end up overclocking it.

the_new_guy
01-05-2007, 07:56 PM
yaa don't get a mac if u want to oc,

i have emac which oc's well( with hard mods) but none of the newer ones do.

thespeakerbox
01-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Dont hate macs! They do their job, just at a higher cost. lol

Overclocking macs consists of nice stickers and pretty cases, duh.

serialk11r
01-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Awww... I'm not planning to get a mac, just that I had something interesting in mind... Not telling anyone because its sorta evil>:-) muhahahhaah. Anyways, I love my C2D sli system, not prepared to sh*t away my money on a mac anyday. If I were to get a laptop, I would choose an ASUS merom notebook over a macbook. Its just me and my biases, but I like performance:) I was hoping to be able to use software to overclock a CERTAIN computer in a CERTAIN place:) hehehehheehehehehe.... Don't ask why, and don't ask what computer that is:) oh and don't ask why I want to overclock it:)

Magnj
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
I know that for G4's there are transistor mods that dictate clockspeed...

RichBa5tard
02-01-2007, 05:17 AM
In fact I own the Macbook BECAUSE I can't overclock it, I needed a 100% stable platform to work from and I knew if I bought a PC laptop I'd end up overclocking it.

Lol, i bought a macbook pro for the exact same reason. :D

geforce man
02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
thats why i have my C2D MBP as well, need it for school work and other stuff, dont want it to have problems, so its OC free. If im ever doin random OC 's and i go too high on the PC, i have a backup enviornment to write papers in now :). plus, i ended up paying the same thing a equivelant PC notebook would have costed through my trickery, so all in all, i love my MBP :)

LilGator
03-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Clockgen in bootcamp ?

I have no idea what clockgen in Parallels would do :P gwow

FabricioGS
03-04-2007, 11:50 AM
That's the main reason I don't buy a mac. I´m running OSX on my pc in 3-boot (XP, Vista and OSX).