PDA

View Full Version : Prime Sierpinski Problem - PRP

UCmajewski
01-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Looking at the vault and then looking at this project, this is probably the project we can move up the fastest for points. Its not that hard to run this project unlike the sieve version.

Just go to here http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=2665

If you don't have a user name on that forum go ahead and register. To join XS simply post that you needed to be added to XS in this thread (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=2692). Then download the llrnet client here (http://www.psp-project.de/software/llrnet_windows.zip). Un zip the folder then edit the llr-clientconfig.txt and enter your mersenneforum username at this line

http://www.geocities.com/omboohankvald/LLRNET-filer/image001.jpg

Right now we only got 1428 points in this project which makes this our second lowest project points wise. According to Free DC stats PSP PRP (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=psp_p) we can move up seven spots rather quickily. A few members already have ran this project and anything I might have overlooked (messed up) or any insight would be helpful. I just started running this project so I dont know much at this point other than its running.

[XC] gomeler
01-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm working on the Sieving part of this project and I'm about to swap over another core to sieving. I'll be doing the PRP once these two enormous units finish up though :)

UCmajewski
01-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm working on the Sieving part of this project and I'm about to swap over another core to sieving. I'll be doing the PRP once these two enormous units finish up though :)

Trust me you don't want to bite of more than you can chew in that project ... took a few months to complete the one I had.... did give us 2500 points though. We already have passed one team so we should move a little bit. Ive got two rigs running it and the one is my CS server.

UPDATE: The vault just update .... we moved up one spot with a days work from two machines ..... 476.190476 points! So if you like getting easy vault points .... this is where its at IMHO.

[XC] 4X4N
01-11-2007, 07:39 PM
How hard is this to run on a dual core? I might try and run this on conroe.

[XC] gomeler
01-11-2007, 11:29 PM
I seriously bit off a huge chunk with the last PSP-Sieve choice, it was a 1000G unit(I think it is G?) Was worth 110k points thought but took me a little over 4 weeks of crunching. Now I have another huge 800G unit to crunch through in hopes of taking another two places. Goodjob with the PRP guys, points look good :)

UCmajewski
01-12-2007, 09:09 AM
How hard is this to run on a dual core? I might try and run this on conroe.

I was thinking about this myself .... I would think two setups with both running? I only run this on my Venice 3000+ which is good for 300+ points a day. I did have on instance running on an opty as well.

[XC] gomeler
01-12-2007, 11:14 AM
If the program is anything like the sieving, just created 2 folders and run them seperately. It works well on Dual-processor and dual-core systems.

[XC] 4X4N
01-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Ok, tried 2 separate folders, with complete installs in both. After starting the first one, the second just re-opens the first. Tried setting affinity, still no go. I think I'll post on their forum and see if I can get an answer.

UCmajewski
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok, tried 2 separate folders, with complete installs in both. After starting the first one, the second just re-opens the first. Tried setting affinity, still no go. I think I'll post on their forum and see if I can get an answer.

Well I hope you can find out something ...... this LLR client is better than the command prompt sieving, but not much. We do need some points in this .... when proteins runs its course I think ill give this project all that I have.

Paladin
01-15-2007, 10:52 AM
The confirmation email for their forum never came (a few hours) and there's no option for resending one so I can't post on their manually controlled team thread. Maybe the confirmation email is sent manually too?

Also, could you complete the rest of the spoon-fed setup? After editing llr-clientconfig.txt there's llrnet.exe & llrserver.exe with at least llrnet.exe taking arg[] of an .lua file.

UCmajewski
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The confirmation email for their forum never came (a few hours) and there's no option for resending one so I can't post on their manually controlled team thread. Maybe the confirmation email is sent manually too?

Also, could you complete the rest of the spoon-fed setup? After editing llr-clientconfig.txt there's llrnet.exe & llrserver.exe with at least llrnet.exe taking arg[] of an .lua file.

Yeah don't worry you will get one ..... we are making great head way so far with just me and 4x4. Open the llrnet.exe ..... you don't need to do anything else.

[XC] 4X4N
01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I think I have 2 clients working well now. This thread (http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516&sid=28ce2d730d68b159612d3c0438b9c126) from the sieve area, helped me out. After 2 installs to different directories, I changed the second llr-clientconfig.txt from servicename = llrnet to servicename = llrnet2 I also had to change the guiport from 6999 to 6998. Without doing this, the guiport would be all messed up, not that it works very well anyway. It always just has a ??? for % complete. I tried disabling the guiport, but then both instances would not stay running. I'm sure that there is a better way to do this, so if anyone else comes up with something, please share it. Anyway, it has been running 2 clients for almost 24 hours now. Seems to be working ok.

UCmajewski
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
We are about to get some major pointage in this project .... would need some help for more points. People are you going to let me and especially 4x4 have all the glory?

mike047
01-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I will look at this project after ABC goes to the vault, should be shortly.

[XC] 4X4N
01-24-2007, 02:55 PM
We should move up to 13th in the next couple of days. Team Ninja is 12th with more than double our points. Then Crunchers Inc is next with almost twice the points as Team Ninja. Maybe we look at another project where we can get points faster, like pi segment. But I don't know if that project will continue. It seems to have some dodgy severs.

Paladin
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah don't worry you will get one ..... we are making great head way so far with just me and 4x4. Open the llrnet.exe ..... you don't need to do anything else.

I think enough time has passed without reply from them that I can safely say their forum registration is broken. I suppose it'd work if I used someone elses (4X4N) name in the config file...

[XC] 4X4N
01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Next update we will be at 13th (12th in vault standings) Later today or tomorrow I'm going to move off this project and start on pi segment. I'd be willing to return to it if a few other were to jump on it, but for now it will take too long to move up any further. I was finally able to download the client for pi segment, so hopefully their servers will be better now.

UCmajewski
01-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Next update we will be at 13th (12th in vault standings) Later today or tomorrow I'm going to move off this project and start on pi segment. I'd be willing to return to it if a few other were to jump on it, but for now it will take too long to move up any further. I was finally able to download the client for pi segment, so hopefully their servers will be better now.

ditto for me as well ..... thanks for the help on PSP PRP :toast:

[XC] 4X4N
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
No problem :) Now lets kick some pi segment ass :D

[XC] DragonOrta
08-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna bump this in case someone else is looking for that good info in Post #12 by 4x4N on running multiple instances of PSP Proth. Once we pass DPC in D2ol I'm going to put everything in here until we pass the Knights.

Then I'll change them over to Riesel LLR

[XC] 4X4N
08-24-2007, 04:28 AM
I am going to do the same. I put more on d2ol when we were right on the cows, but their big dump on us is just going to make it longer to catch them. Psp and riesel both have small teams, moving up even one spot is a lot of vault points.

[XC] 4X4N
09-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Bumping this up for the 434 vault points we got today :woot: Nice work everyone. In about a week we'll have 434 more :D

[XC] DragonOrta
09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
:woot: :woot: Go Team! Us merry band of brothers.

glennpat
09-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Nice work fellow crunchers. I have a cheap dual core, memory and motherboard coming tomorrow and will upgrade one of my slow boxes that is on here. This is a great project for some point gains.

KaptainBlaZzed
09-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I tried to crate an account so i can run some PSP Proth, but i did not receive my activation email.
Can somebody send a PM to an ADMIN over there and have them activate my account. UN = KaptainBlaZzed

thanks,
KB

KaptainBlaZzed
09-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I tried to crate an account so i can run some PSP Proth, but i did not receive my activation email.
Can somebody send a PM to an ADMIN over there and have them activate my account. UN = KaptainBlaZzed

thanks,
KB

Somebody please help me!!!!!!!

vaio
09-14-2007, 09:12 AM
posted here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?p=114263#post114263) and sent a pm to ltd.

Hope it helps.

vaio.

vaio
09-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Reply to my post over there:

"It may be in his spam folder. We haven't received back a reply showing the email was rejected.

If he has trouble with this just have him contact us at xyzzyATmersenneforumDOTorg and we'll get him hooked up."

KaptainBlaZzed
09-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Reply to my post over there:

"It may be in his spam folder. We haven't received back a reply showing the email was rejected.

If he has trouble with this just have him contact us at xyzzyATmersenneforumDOTorg and we'll get him hooked up."

Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.

KB

vaio
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Happy to help, hope you get fixed up soon :)

Jose
09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Happy to help, hope you get fixed up soon :)

:rofl: :ROTF: :rofl:

vaio
09-14-2007, 02:36 PM
What's he smokin'?

UCmajewski
09-14-2007, 04:45 PM
I got an instance back on this project as well. Looks promising for us to make some head way.

[XC] gomeler
09-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I need more cores :( I'm down to 2 cores of the 6 I used to have, still slugging away at my fscking enormous PSP:S ranges. Way to go guys on PRP, made some huge progress :up:

vaio
09-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.

KB

Reply to the pm I sent:

"Hi,

i have no rights to activate an account on the forum he should contact the the site admin Xyzzy for that. But running llrnet does not need any account on the forum. So he can start to run the client whenever he likes. The username will be automatically added to the stats. when the first result is returned. Adding him to the him is possible at any time without losing any points. All points earned before he is in a team will go to the team when he enters one.

I have already made the team binding so he can be sure that from minute one he is on extremesystems.

Cheers,"

glennpat
09-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome :welcome: KaptainBlaZzed to PRP. Your points are coming! My points on PRP should be increasing some after today.

KaptainBlaZzed
09-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Welcome :welcome: KaptainBlaZzed to PRP. Your points are coming! My points on PRP should be increasing some after today.

thanks

how many points does a quad get per day?
how does the points system work?
is there a benchmark program or thread?

KB

[XC] 4X4N
09-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey Kaptain, I have been running this project for a long time. The point system is whatever they give you :lol: I have noticed lately that the wu's take longer and the point's have only increased a little. My e6600 at 3.6ghz, used to do a wu in less than 8 hours, and it would be about 550 points. Now it takes close to 10 hours and they are awarding about 590 points. So I used to average over 3000 a day, but now its about 2400. I am currently only running it on 1 core and D2OL on the other, so it's getting around 1200 a day.

As far as I know, there is no benchmark.

I am running 4 instances on a quad at 3.4ghz. It's about 4800 a day.

EDIT: Just check on the quad and saw that some wu's take about 9 hours and some take a little over 11 :shrug:

glennpat
09-17-2007, 04:36 PM
You get about 590 points per work unit. They can vary some in the amount of time it takes to complete a unit. On an E6400 at 3.08 Ghz using both cores I average a little over 4 work units per day. Haven't looked for a benchmark thread. Edit: Took me to long to write this I now see there is another post.

KaptainBlaZzed
09-18-2007, 04:14 PM
XS is now 7th place in PRP.:party:

with that we also got 435 vault points.:party:

Way to go team.:up:

glennpat
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
XS is now 6th place in PRP:eleph:

That adds another 434 vault points. Nice work team and nice heavy crunching KaptainBlaZzed.

KaptainBlaZzed
11-15-2007, 07:51 PM
XS is now 6th place in PRP:eleph:

That adds another 434 vault points. Nice work team and nice heavy crunching KaptainBlaZzed.

Thanks glenn

I am now eying 5th place.:cool:

i wonder how this new Q6600 G0 i just got to replace my E6400 will do in PSP-P.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks glenn

I am now eying 5th place.:cool:

i wonder how this new Q6600 G0 i just got to replace my E6400 will do in PSP-P.

Quite well, but it'll run your quad hotter than any other DC program. It runs mine a good 3c higher than anything else I've run.

[XC] riptide
11-16-2007, 08:25 AM
DragonOrta;2560057']Quite well, but it'll run your quad hotter than any other DC program. It runs mine a good 3c higher than anything else I've run.

Similar to SOB?

[XC] gomeler
11-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I'd say Sieving seems to run hotter than even SOB. I was shocked when I was routinely hitting 75C on my X3040, had to drop the vcore and MHz slightly because of the temp increases. Don't know about PRP but I imagine it'll be similar.