PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi Drivers

t1no
01-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Okay i uninstalled my nvidia audio driver that i got from my chipset driver to install my x-fi xtrememusic drivers and my mic has not worked since then. What do i do?
Thanks,

Ehwaz001
01-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Enable your mic input? Are you sure it isn't muted?

t1no
01-04-2007, 03:43 PM
and where do i go to do that? i don't think it's muted, i mean it did work before i installed the new drivers.

Clump
01-05-2007, 04:37 AM
In the interest of being thorough:

Did you plug your mic into the X-Fi board? The jacks from the on board sound or any front panel jacks won't work with the X-Fi. You can google for a mod to hook front panel jacks up.

I would highly recommend updating to the latest drivers from http://www.creative .com.

To bring up the mixer that will let you set mic level, etc. there should be a silver volume knob looking icon in the system tray. Double click it to bring up the sound mixer. I'm at work atm and don't have it to click through, but if you can't find it post and I'll put up exact directions later.

Good Luck!

t1no
01-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks, i have a usb mic so it wont work on the x-fi board, what do i do now?. and i have the control launcher from the cd i got, not sure what mixer you are talkinga bout.

Clump
01-06-2007, 05:26 AM
Thanks, i have a usb mic so it wont work on the x-fi board, what do i do now?. and i have the control launcher from the cd i got, not sure what mixer you are talkinga bout.
Would guess a USB mic should work with any sound card. Chances are your mic input is just muted.

To pull up the mixer:
- In the system tray is an icon that looks like a silver box with a silver circle inside it. When you mouse over it it says "Volume Panel". Double click it.
- In the upper part of the window it will tell you what mode your X-Fi is in and there will be a series of icons along the bottom of the blue window. 4th in from the right will say "Mixer" when you mouse over it. Click that icon.
- On mine mic and aux default to muted. Click the "Mute" icon to get rid of the red X. You can also set the level from here.

Again, I would highly recommend getting the latest drivers from http://www.creative.com/support/. They have a software auto update that makes it prettty easy. The sequence above is using the latest driver.

t1no
01-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I don't have the Mixer, i uninstalled it along with the old nvidia drivers. and i didn't use the auto-update but i got the latest driver for the sound card.

Clump
01-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't have the Mixer, i uninstalled it along with the old nvidia drivers. and i didn't use the auto-update but i got the latest driver for the sound card.
Well I guess I can't help you then. The mixer is part of the driver package.:stick:

t1no
01-06-2007, 11:42 AM
ummh what driver package are you talking about? The driver i got from the site or the cd? The driver i got from the site only gave me creative audio console and the cd.. well i might have to reinstall because i didn't install everything. Should i?

t1no
01-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Ok thanks Clump, i just reinstalled the cd and i now know what you are talking about. Let me try what you posted.
Ok my mic is no long muted(i have microphone under "REC"), but still can't say anything over ventrilo. I don't know what aux is.. what about Line in? i have a red x over it.

t1no
01-06-2007, 02:50 PM
OK finally, i stole my brother's mic (not usb) and it worked, so it's not a muted or not muted problem, its a usb problem. usb driver i need maybe?

Ehwaz001
01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
You didn't install the drivers and expected everything to work just like that? :confused:

t1no
01-07-2007, 01:37 PM
rofl of course i have all the drivers!! read the all posts please.