PDA

View Full Version : E6600 + Crucial 10th Ann. RAM + ASUS Striker Xtreme + Modded Mach II = good OC combo?

Heofz
01-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Hey all,

I've currently got the below parts on the way:

E6600 [ L6 28B 209 ]
Modded Mach II Phase Unit - regas, new condensor, desuperheater, chilly1 head evap
4GB (2x2GB Kits) Crucial 10th Anniversary RAM
Asus Striker Extreme

This will be an upgrade from my current San Diego 3700+, Stock Mach II Phase Cooling, DFI LanParty SLI-DR mobo & 1GB Corsair TCCD RAM.

After a lot of researching on the web I believe that these are the best parts I can get for performance (apart from the CPU), but it would be great if I could get some kind of reassurance from you guys with a lot more experience with massive overclocks. I'm hoping to get a massive overclock out of this kit, and was wondering if you guys could make any predictions as to how successful my overclocking will be, or is it still too early to tell?

With regards to the ASUS mobo, I've seen a lot of places say that it's great and other places saying it's terrible, but I decided to take the gamble and hope that any potential issues ought to be ironed out with the release of new/custom BIOS's.

Did I make the right choice?

TaPaKaH
01-03-2007, 06:12 AM
Yes, the combo is very good and should OC to 4.3-4.5GHz without major problems :toast:

Heofz
01-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Hmm, got all the bits now, just waiting for the Striker to become available. Does anyone reckon I should wait for the striker or should I just get a BFG 680i mobo now?

GAR
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
the striker isnt worth waiting for....the reference nvidia boards should do just fine.

anarinsk
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I would totally agree with GAR. The performance of Striker isn't up to expectation.

UmbraSprite
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
You have almost the same system as I do....

E6600
Striker
Crucial Anniversary

I just started attempting to OC this system last night....and its my first OC so any advice is welcome. I have it in Windows at 400X9 and 1.5v but it immediately fails Orthos. Not exactly sure where to set that memory in terms of speed but the v are 2.1.

I am watercooling with a Storm rev2 and MCP655 pump. My temps are still higher than I would like however with idle around 43C and 100% CPU hitting 59C

Any suggestions from you pro's?