PDA

View Full Version : ATI Catalyst 7.1 Beta Window Vista

XSAlliN
12-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Windows Vista 32 & 64-bit ATI Display driver, this is a beta.

This is a beta version of the upcoming Catalyst 7.1 Radeon driver from ATI/AMD. We are sure a lot of people will be really pleased to see it. The revision build of this archive is 8.33 and should be an interesting driver for sure. I can not stress enough that this is a beta driver which is distributed by ASUS. You use it at your own risk.

Should you try them out then pelase share you experiences in this forum thread. In it's original form the driver is a steep 150 MB download. We have been able to recrunch the data a tad better, yet it's still a 91 MB download.

For those that have an issue with the installation:

Install the new beta drivers.. it only installs the CCC at this point.. giving an error for both the display drivers and the avstream drivers.

Then reboot, go into the device manager, updated the main graphics drivers and point it to the folder with the beta drivers.. and that has the display drivers to install properly.

On the next startup windows will ask to help it install the avstream drivers! Point it to the folder with the WDM drivers. Now all seems to work fine. Your graphics card will carry an ASUS label .. but do not worry about that.

DOWNLOAD! (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1544)

Guess this was originally intended for ASUS VGA - Enjoy! :D

phi|os
12-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Works nice. Option to go to CCC is now available when right clicking the desktop. I uninstalled my drivers before installing this, and everything installed just fine(CCC, display, avistream). Haven't test with games, will post soon afterward. Thanks for the link!

jabski
01-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Sounds good will give it a try

satein
01-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Is OpenGL Vista driver available with this 7.1 beta? As I heard it would be out for 7.1 release by sireric (AMD/ATi person) at B3D.