PDA

View Full Version : Aw9 Max

johneva
12-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Aup

I am trying to get windows installed onto my new setup, I got 2 Seagate 250gig hdds and they are showing in the BIOS I have set it to RAID in the BIOS and also set the RAID size in the RAID menu but when it comes to installing windows it just says it carnt find the HDDs.

I have tryed the Intel SATA/RAID driver floppy disk and that was no good I have also tyed downloading one from the Abit website but still no good.

Any Ideas?

Cheers for your time. ;)

Supershanks
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
What OS are u using I know xp64 can be very flaky with loading raid drivers. I found it best tioo slipstream them onto the os cd using Nlight (http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html). But mostly it's the floppy disk which is often corrupted even when using the original supplied with the mobo. Likewise image files can sometimes get corrupted in downloads.

hope u get sorted
luck:)

Charles Wirth
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
There are two raids on the Max board, make sure you are connected to the Intel ICH7R chipset raid controller and use the Intel specific raid drivers, not the silicon image drivers also provided. I prefer the Intel matrix raid is better than the secondary SI raid

You will also need Windows XP SP2 install, you will need to slipstream SP2 into your windows install if it is not SP2 ready. Its not too hard, follow instructions carefully and it will go fine.

I believe the non SP2 install will reboot partly into the install, preventing the install to complete.

johneva
01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah I am using a copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2 on it, still not found why it is not working I pluged the HDDs in the 1 and 2 ports out of the set of four together.