PDA

View Full Version : LVComSX.exe Startup Problem - Process reboots my system

Bootup05
12-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi guys,

It seems I now have a new problem with my system:dammit:

The problem is this process, LVComSX.exe

Have been doing some googling on it and it seems that it's a Logitech device manager, for my Webcam.

The problem Im having is that, after I install the webcam software, this process comes up into startup, and as soon as this happens, I boot, System hangs.

Never had this problem before, will install the software again in a minute and run windows compatibility wizard, see if that brings anything up, Im assuming its a software conflict as when I first installed this, I had no problems anywhere!

Anyone here had this prob?

Just about to check my event logs...

If this shows nothing up im gonna try install a different driver set, its a labtec set but works with my cam. Also fixed some other errors on my previous system, so i suppose its worth a try.

EDIT: There's nothing in the logs, Ive just had an idea though, If I install again I think this LVCOM should appear as a service, i've noticed that if i start the service at any time other than startup I get no hangs, I'm gonna try applying the service as manual instead of auto and see if I can get anywhere.

This might help: I also get system hangs / reboots when I try installing the Logitech software (when I haven't cleared the Program Files) And sometimes when I select files from the Logitech folder from within Windows Explorer.

Bootup05
12-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Bump - Does anyone know:confused:

I've tryed the labtec disk and still have the same problem, only now it happens with any of the logitech stuff, even logitray.exe is restarting my system now:stick:

For now Im just sticking with Logitech Cam Drivers - No software! :)

...As a last resort I think I'l try a format, but Im not too concerned ATM!