PDA

View Full Version : Built-in Monitor Speaker = Center Channel?

noTe
12-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi all, I recently just got a 19 Inch LCD Monitor with a built in speaker and already have Altec Lansing 2-Piece speakers with a subwoofer. I have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 card and was curious if I can make the built-in monitor speaker a center channel. Thanks for any help

Soulburner
12-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Usually built-in speakers are L and R, i'm not sure if you can do that?

Is it only 1 speaker?

noTe
12-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Usually built-in speakers are L and R, i'm not sure if you can do that?

Is it only 1 speaker?

Hmm.. not sure if it's 1 speaker. I just hooked up the monitor yesterday. I'll check the specs online when I get home from work. (Work blocks almost every website)

noTe
12-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Looks like there are no specs on the speaker in the monitor. (At least I can't find them) Monitor is a "Westinghouse 19" LCD LCM-19v7"

noTe
12-25-2006, 03:27 PM
X-Mas bump?

Disposibleteen
12-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I dont know if i would even bother simply for the fact that the speaker setup you have currently is going to sound better than any speaker built in to a monitor. The drivers on that monitor cant be any larger than an inch and a half or 2 inches so id be willing to bet it sounds pretty tinny.

ziddey
12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
True that what Disposibleteen said. Your existing speakers sound way better than the integrated monitor speakers, and you'll only make the system worse. I tried different sets of speakers to rig a 4.2 system and it ended up being way worse. I did however find that the combination of z2200+z3 speakers complement each other perfectly. YMMV though and since you're going to be powering different channels, where center takes dominance for voice in 5.1, it won't be good at all.