PDA

View Full Version : no voices whenn waching dvd..

lookmomnobrains
12-22-2006, 12:23 PM
when i try to watch a dvd on my computer i get background sound but no or really little voices .. must be some setting i think but cant find it :( im using 2.1 sound atm till i can afford a nice amp to run of the digital output..

im using: p5b delux (SoundMax Intergrated Digital HD Audio (drivers 5.10.1.4570)) en stereo speakers.

Any one got any idée how to fix the problem?

uOpt
12-22-2006, 12:44 PM
You are playing the 5.1 sound track on the DVD but you play with just stereo.

The middle speaker track from the DVD goes nowhere, and it is the track that the actor's voices are on.

You either need to switch the DVD player to a 2-channel track (or 2+1) or you need to mix 5+1 into 2/2+1.

If you set up everything correctly your DVD player shound have detected that automatically.

lookmomnobrains
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
You are playing the 5.1 sound track on the DVD but you play with just stereo.

The middle speaker track from the DVD goes nowhere, and it is the track that the actor's voices are on.

You either need to switch the DVD player to a 2-channel track (or 2+1) or you need to mix 5+1 into 2/2+1.

If you set up everything correctly your DVD player shound have detected that automatically.

i now it is that but got no idea how to set this soundmax to 2.1

joshd
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
either it will be in control panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume tab > Advanced, and there is a dropdown list.

Or it may already be 2.1 there and something in the DVD Player software is over-riding it or something.