PDA

View Full Version : Opty 165 temp help!

thanatos355
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I finally ordered an opty 165 a few weeks ago. At the same time my mom decided she wanted one too. So I got two CCBBE 0616xpmw's in the mail. I opened my case up, installed this "beast", and low and behold I had the worst stock temps I'd ever seen! Almost 50° at idle! Needless to say I reset the hsf (several times), switched out processors, and looked around online to find that they had an ihs issue. So I rma'd both chips and thought the matter would be settled. Well, the day before yesterday, the ups guy delivered the two replacement procs and I was eager to dig in. I received one CCBBE 0610dpmw and one CCBBE 0615epmw two steppings that are supposed to be the cream of the crop! So I tore down my rig again and installed the 0610. Guess what? It was running hot too! In the low 40s at idle and shutting down after a few minutes under load. So I installed the 0615 same thing. I reset both of them 3-4 times each so it's not that. I have 6 80mm case fans running full tilt, so there's plenty of air getting to them. I though maybe it was the rough surface of the stock hsf, so I dug out my xp90 and installed it. the temps are slightly better with an 80mm fan sitting on top of it running full speed, but only a couple of degrees and it still shuts down after less than an hour under load. I've installed the amd optimizer and the ms fix, and I've done everything else I can think of. I am pulling my hair out here guys. I have two of the best steppings amd has made and I can't even run them at stock speeds! For the love of god HELP!:brick: