PDA

View Full Version : attn Tweaked I beleive and anyone else

Attitudx
05-10-2003, 10:42 AM
that computer i had mentioned the other day this is all the specs i got on it and it is down to 451.00

AMD XP 2200+ CPU (i beleive pally)
Soyo Dragon Plus KT333 Motherboard
256 MB Kingston DDR PC-2100 RAM
Bloody Monster Geforce4 64 MB DDR Ram Video Card(not mmx)
Midtower Case with window and 350w Power Supply
40 GB Hard Drive
Black Floppy
Black Sony CDRW
Cold Cathode Light
Round Cables

I am not ocing this until payed for :) i have learned but tell me what ya think

Tweaked!
05-10-2003, 10:51 AM
It looks like a pretty decent system, what's the gf4 to be specific? You say it's not a mx (which is good), so what is it then? a 4200, 440, 4600? Yeah, don't go for o/cing too much, that pally wouldn't take as near as much as the tbreds. But it will do decent job of getting you some decent speed. And the pc2100 is good for around 150fsb, anything over that and it's pretty much luck of the draw. Enjoy the system, and are you still going to need those sinks cut?

Attitudx
05-10-2003, 11:00 AM
yeah sure will i just need to get them around and i am gonna find the specs ont he card

***blehhh*** mx440 i beleive but still not bad i guess i could mod the ram sinks for it and the geforce 2

CCW
05-10-2003, 01:19 PM
mx440

core should be 270
memory is 200 (so 400)

does not have all direct 8 features i believe so wont complete nature in 3dmark2001se

bout 6bgps bandwidth

Attitudx
05-11-2003, 06:56 AM
cool cuz i just want it to game LOL and fold

CCW
05-11-2003, 07:56 AM
the mx440 is not great for gaming, doesn even support all direct x 8 features, i sue mine for gaming, just have to have low detail etc

DaGooch
05-11-2003, 08:05 AM
If there is not much of a price difference, how about an Abit KD7? Some great overclocking features as the 5 bit FID and all the voltages for the CPU and memory that you will need in the future. :D

Attitudx
05-11-2003, 08:59 PM
I will have to check into it and for gaming well i still have my 32mg geforce2 gts/pro hehe a wonder of a card

CCW
05-12-2003, 05:26 AM
well, it really depends on the games you play but if your looking out for Doom 3 then the MX is gonna struggle, badly :(

nice little system anyways and for a nice price!

Tweaked!
05-12-2003, 05:32 AM
It will make a decent start for ya, as long as you don't fry it;) This wilkl at least give you the opportunity to upgrade just a piece at a time, which is a lot easier on the wallet then trying to do a complete up to date system from the get go;) :cool:

Attitudx
05-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Yeah i am right now just playing vietcong and diabloII i dont game to much but those are priority right now. As for tweaked i like how you thru that part in there about not smoking it :stick:

But hey i have been known to do that. anyhow, yeah i would like to start off basic and then go at it this way one part at a time and in no time if buying off of here i will have a good system. Not bad now but I dont know much about abit, epox and such i have worked and seen dragon, chaintech, and my favorite MSI. I would love to have an nforce board of theirs. My bro in law has one and is happy

Tweaked!
05-12-2003, 07:08 AM
I've worked quite a bit with both MSI and Abit, and if you like the control options of the MSI, you'll love the Abit. Abit has been my favorite for quite a long time as far as available options for user controls and information within the bios. Plus it's pretty damn hard to smoke a Abit;) Every Abit I've ever owned has been just as stable as my MSIs. But there's nothing wrong with that Soyo either, it's been known for having some nice features on it as well. I've never messed with one, but I've read some good reviews on it, and a friend of mine swears by them (although he's not the type of overclocker we are;) ) :D

Attitudx
05-12-2003, 08:50 AM
LOL yeah i understand that I am just ready to hit ddr ram and fly LOL