PDA

View Full Version : UK Just been offered 3 PS3's £450 each

oublie
12-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi,

I'm not selling or anything, just want to know, are the PS3's region coded for gaming or blueray disks or is it likely that a firmware upgrade to make them so in future. The reason is someone has just come back from the USA and is selling 3 of the 4 he bought there for £450 each obo. I'm also dubious about the warranty being upheld by sony since it was purchased in the USA and the fact that i will be running it with a 240V power supply instead of the supplied 110V one.

Starscream
12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I'm not selling or anything, just want to know, are the PS3's region coded for gaming or blueray disks or is it likely that a firmware upgrade to make them so in future. The reason is someone has just come back from the USA and is selling 3 of the 4 he bought there for £450 each obo. I'm also dubious about the warranty being upheld by sony since it was purchased in the USA and the fact that i will be running it with a 240V power supply instead of the supplied 110V one.

the PSu with the PS3 can do both 110v and 240v i think
Doubt Sony will help you with warranty (they also didnt help with grey imports of the PSP).

but tbh id wait in march it will be cheaper, more games and they will have ironed out the flaws.

oublie
12-21-2006, 08:26 AM
I think your right, i'm a bit wary since i'm not in a rush to buy one - money set aside for 96" HD projector, but i thought id better get opinions first.

Soulburner
12-21-2006, 02:04 PM
There may be a difference in the formatting.

NTSC vs PAL?

Bergo
12-28-2006, 07:46 AM
shouldn't matter for an HD signal NTSC is 720x480 (3:2)and
PAL is 768x576(4:3) but all HDTV signals are 16:9 and tv's have built in scaling for HD signals. I could be wrong though, I'm a TV n00b I jsut finally bought ymself an LCD HDTV have yet to really figure it all out, I was jsut excited to have a DVD player w/ HDMI, working on setting up mythTV on a little mobile on desk top system, I'm hoping a t2300 will work with high definition video :P