PDA

View Full Version : You guys have it all wrong; [H]ard|OCP shows us the proper way to watercool

phaestus
05-10-2003, 09:57 AM
from their front page today posted by Steve:

Posted by Steve 12:33 PM (CDT)

Ice Water:
I posted a picture here recently of a reservoir I made for one of my H20 rigs that eliminates the need for a radiator. The drawback for most water cooling systems is the fact that a radiator can only cool the water to room temperature ( at best ). By adding a thermoelectric ( TEC ) cooler to my reservoir, I have made a reservoir that keeps the water at a chilly 10c – 15c at idle. This picture is to show you how big the actual completed unit actually is. It makes for a fantastic externally mounted water cooling system that can beat ANY standard water cooling temperatures out there. Take a look.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA1MjU4ODA3MWZlZmQ4dmp2djVfMV8yX 2wuanBn

Yes that's a 40W peltier that he is claiming does better than any radiator (with 70-100W heat sources, eh?) Yes that's a diet pepsi. Yes this is where I make a link between obviously flawed science, diet drinks, and homosexuality.

Comments?

antipop
05-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by phaestus

Yes that's a 40W peltier that he is claiming does better than any radiator (with 70-100W heat sources, eh?) Yes that's a diet pepsi. Yes this is where I make a link between obviously flawed science, diet drinks, and homosexuality.

Comments? ROFL at least he made me laugh, i'd really like to see it in action with some temp.
I think he should patent it and maybe called it something like waterchiller :stick:

Ruantic
05-10-2003, 10:46 AM
I can think of a couple places that chiller could really be effective:stick:

KnightElite
05-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Lol... it will work... for like 10 minutes before all the ice melts :rolleyes:.

Smizack
05-10-2003, 12:55 PM
lmao! Didn't "Tom" already try this?

Charles Wirth
05-10-2003, 12:56 PM
That cooler is made to chill 2 gallons of water per day, My waterpump is rated at 750 gallons per hour...

Looking at the fan spacing from the table it moves about 10CFM at most.

Looks like upgrading to that now.

PimpJack
05-10-2003, 06:53 PM
That looks like a small fishtank chiller!!! How does kyle expect it to cool a processor. The funny thing is there mught be some [H]ard people going to their petstore as we speak LOL

dmitriyaz
05-10-2003, 10:55 PM
there are things that stupid, there are things that are so incredibly stupid its funny. this is beyond the "funny" stage. its idiotic in a unique sad kind of way.
the only explanation i can find for this is that the guys at hardocp realized that no one takes them seriously any more, so they decided to intentionally post ridiculus things once in a while, just for hits.

antipop
05-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
lmao! Didn't "Tom" already try this? Ouch that hurts, Hard stealing the idea of Tom's, they fell really low

Crazymofo
05-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Um the page is taking me ten minutes to load... this site and its owners/operators are worthless...:rolleyes:

phaestus
05-12-2003, 10:49 AM
all the hardware sites are being hammered by NV35 news

zacharyaus
05-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by phaestus
all the hardware sites are being hammered by NV35 news

:bsod: