PDA

View Full Version : 9700 help

DR. YT
05-10-2003, 07:58 AM
ok so last night i turn my pc off like normal and go to sleep.wake up this morning and turn it on and its all funny blocks and sutch.the pc goes into windows i can hear the music but the cards gone crazy. i rember a thred about someone with a similar problem but cant find it. so any advice.

saaya
05-10-2003, 08:39 AM
did you change the clockspeed of the card in bios?
any mods done?
just set everything back to normal

DR. YT
05-10-2003, 08:46 AM
the card was running stock for like two weeks before this happened. never done any voltmods it runs on a dd water block. and ive never messed with the card bios. the bios thing dose give me an idea though. since the card was not on wile i was sleeping and was in no way touched then may be it was a firm ware courption and maybe i can reflash the card bios somehow.hmmm.

DR. YT
05-10-2003, 09:28 AM
oh btw as i want be trying this for a few days feal free to keep the sugestions and rma is not an option as the shim is off and gone.

DR. YT
05-11-2003, 09:35 AM
ok and the damned thing works sometimes now im at a loss

CCW
05-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by saaya
did you change the clockspeed of the card in bios?

didnt think you could change card clockspeed via BIOS

DR. YT
05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
ok well if anyone cares im gonna get a pci card so i can boot up and see what im doing with the broken card in there and try to flash the card bios just for a goof and if that dosent work im just gonna volt mod the sucker for another goof and i hope it blows up stupid 350.00 card just stops working out of noware just when i was happy with my system #$#$% $%#$% $#$% and another thing @##$%# on a stick. but i guess life goes on :D and yes i feal mutch better now.