PDA

View Full Version : 133t my armor project over christmas

generics_user
12-17-2006, 07:17 AM
as title says iīm going to mod my armor over christmas because it got a hard punch during a party (ok someone fell on my pc and nearly cracked the case apart (dfi lp+graphics got killed) and thatīs why it has some holes, a crappy a8r-mvp, el cheapo graphics and a bent top (already fixed that but itīs still hard to open it as the syde panels are a bit stuck :? .

my target is it to mod this armor so it can take up an triple rad, oversized powersupplys and it shold have the possibility to add an PA 160 :D . Also cable routing, weight (going to cut out as much as possible), tube routing (tubes should be as short as possible) and the possibility to mount an E-ATX board without loosing any upgrade options (2 optival drives and a dual rad setup).

what i figured out is that the most easiest way is to turn the mobo (like it is mounted in lianli V1000) and have a 6 cm gap from bottom. this would give me the possibility to mount the triple rad together with pump on the floor with shortest possible tubing and enough room for a shroud or an PA 120.3. the Power supply will be mounted on top. by cutting stripes into the mobo tray it will be possible to route all the cables out of sight.

here are some (very crappy, took all within 20 seconds 8) ) pics of the case:

http://picasaweb.google.at/hannes.b1/1337Armor02

used WC parts:

swiftech storm
mcw 60
laing DDC 2
ek fittings
swiftech mcres micro
cooltek maxistream rad

upgrades planned: PA 160, 2nd MCW 60

suggestion are welcome :)

PS: will update post on 27th before i start on work on it