PDA

View Full Version : Video Card OC

Chong345
06-22-2002, 08:19 PM
ok I have a question. If I vmod my visiontek gf4 ti4600 will I be able to clock higher on the core? I have it at 325/755 right now. My case temps are 21-22C. If I mod it will it help. Also I have a crystal orb on it. How do I mod it too? Never done one before.

damn1
06-25-2002, 10:34 AM
If you are willing to try the voltage mod on TI4600, may i suggest a more serious cooler on the GPU? Like a water cooler, or at least a MightyMite from 1coolpc or equivalent.

LORD
06-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Yes, you definitely need better cooling. If you don't mind losing some pci slots and water cooling is not available.

Try attaching one of those thin fin coolers. Copper or aluminium. They are rated for T-Birds and Palys so will handle the extra output of a volt modded GPU.

damn1
06-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Aluminum or copper make no difference because the contact area is large (size of the bga packaging on the GF4). What really makes all the difference is how even the heat is being removed from all the different parts of the chip. The silicon piece is much larger than even a P4, so probably an old school Alpha alluminum heatsink with a 60mm delta be your best bet apart from the fancy copper and water or liquid nitrogen...