PDA

View Full Version : WHATS about DIRECT X 10 DRIVER?????

Janbatos
12-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Anyone knows, when the new dx10 driver comes for our 8800gtx???
@ the vista release in germany in 30.january??? IT SU...

please need input!!!

thanks janb

phi|os
12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Cause you need to play what dx10 game?

illidan
12-16-2006, 02:57 PM
there is DX10 in Vista

and in new redist of DX9c for December 2006 there are some new dlls

Starscream
12-18-2006, 01:46 PM
@illidan
ya Dx10 in Vista but i guess hes talking about Nvidia grafix drivers that support dx10.

the grafix drivers still need to support dx10 for a dx10 grafix card to use DX10.

@ TS
last time i read about Nvidias Vista dx10 drivers was last month at theinq. They said they were gona be delayed but ofc didnt mention any dates or whatever.
Asfar as i know they stil havent been released (could be wrong as ive been busy lately)

Seeing Vista wont be here till end januari or early februari Nvidia has enough time to launch em and ims hure they wanna have em out before Vista is in retail.

phi|os
12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
@illidan
ya Dx10 in Vista but i guess hes talking about Nvidia grafix drivers that support dx10.

the grafix drivers still need to support dx10 for a dx10 grafix card to use DX10.

@ TS
last time i read about Nvidias Vista dx10 drivers was last month at theinq. They said they were gona be delayed but ofc didnt mention any dates or whatever.
Asfar as i know they stil havent been released (could be wrong as ive been busy lately)

Seeing Vista wont be here till end januari or early februari Nvidia has enough time to launch em and ims hure they wanna have em out before Vista is in retail.
Yes. There are no DX10 games (except maybe Company of Heroes...I dunno how it will run on a DX10 card with DX10 drivers, but with my x1900xtx, I'm experiencing over a 100% increase in frame rate, and the quality looks much better...in Vista that is) so Nvidia is no rush. Still, I can understand how frustrating it is to have a product with shoddy support for it. Why rush out a product if you don't have drivers for it?? Marketing tactics:bs:

Starscream
12-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Yes. There are no DX10 games (except maybe Company of Heroes...I dunno how it will run on a DX10 card with DX10 drivers, but with my x1900xtx, I'm experiencing over a 100% increase in frame rate, and the quality looks much better...in Vista that is) so Nvidia is no rush. Still, I can understand how frustrating it is to have a product with shoddy support for it. Why rush out a product if you don't have drivers for it?? Marketing tactics:bs:

Since when is COH Dx10
even if COH were Dx10 and you were running Vista with ATi Dx10 drivers your X1900 wont be able to use them Dx10 drivers cause that card aint dx10. Dx9 cards will simply use the Dx9 drivers for Vista.

That you have way more FPS in COH in Vista could be that Vista is more efficient or that ATI managed to optimize their Vista drivers bigtime for COH.

Further nvidia has drivers for the 8800, dx9 drivers for windows xp that is.
Vista isnt retail yet, so calling Nvidia support shoddy goes a bit far seeing the only OS able to use those drivers isnt even available in retail. At max id atm call it poor support for not catering to the Vista Beta users and waiting with the release of these drivers so close to Vista release.

Janbatos
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
have send 10 messages to NVIDIA ;)
they told me the official dx10 driver with 8800gtx support comes on VISTA release next year january!!su!!
vista give me bluescreens when i install the forceware for 8800gtx!!
and standart vga isnt so funny for powerful gtx!!

b1lk1
12-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Then run an OS that is actually released and not in Beta stage! Makes perfect sense to me! Just because it's free doesn't make it worthwhile to use.

Oh, and it isn't that DX-10 is not supported by Vista, it's that 8800's are not supported by Vista drivers........

L33T
12-29-2006, 11:03 AM
No Vista came out a while ago. Not on shelves, but if you have an MSDN subscription, you got a download for a bunch of copies. I've been running Vista for a while now.

@illidan

@ TS

Janbatos
12-30-2006, 02:17 AM
yeah..i donīt find a running driver for my 8800gtx in vista ultimate!! i donīt wanna run my card as a standart vga card:eek: any updates??
greeets and wish happy new 2007!!!!

L33T
12-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Well, some cards have the unofficial drivers -- you can search for them on the gfx card website (e.g., Nvidia for me, since I have a 6800). Similarly, my Audigy2zs card is also not yet supported, and I'm using an unofficial driver from their website also.

Janbatos
01-02-2007, 08:12 AM
yes i know this but 8800 is not supported yet!!:mad: 1200 bucks for sli standart vga

L33T
01-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Yea I hear ya... We have to be patient =\

Janbatos
01-02-2007, 09:28 AM
os now running xp as well:( i wait to new force ware from xfx for vista ultimate!!hope it come on official release for vista!!!