PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed

adamant415
12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I got the urge to get one of these next gen systems. I at first was going to get a wii but of course they are hard to come by. I had some money burning a hole in my pocket and the 360 was easy to come by. I bought it along with Gears of War. It is a pretty cool game I must say, but my experience was lacking. I had my 360 hooked up to a regular old tv. Today I went and purchased a vga cable so I could hook my 360 up to my monitor and I must say that I was blown away. The 360 looks great for gaming. I'd put any pc game against Gears of War and bet on the 360 right now. I know around the corner the pc will surpass Gears with titles like crysis, but for the money of the 360 versus high end pc gaming it is a killer deal. If you are considering a 360 I'd say get it you won't be dissapointed.

End useless rant.

acruxksa
12-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Nice,
I just ordered mine from Newegg Saturday so it should ship tomorrow. I also wanted the Wii, but got tired of looking. I can't wait.........Merry X-Mas to me, Merry X-Mas to me...........:) I have the 32" lcd HDTV ready and waiting. Next I will have to get a nice speaker system for it anyone have any recommendations for a reasonable system. I'm not really interested in hooking it up to my 51" HDTV home theater system w/ 5.1 surround, but would like to be able to stream music to it if the urge should present itself.

Kingcarcas
12-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Nice, i'm waiting for a price drop or bigger HDD. I know MS is going to make a killing this X-mas with no PS3s on the shelves.

Soulburner
12-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Nice, i'm waiting for a price drop or bigger HDD. I know MS is going to make a killing this X-mas with no PS3s on the shelves.
Yeah at Best Buy the other day, they had a HUGE pile of 360 systems. I would guess they had somewhere between 50-100.

And zero PS3's.

squilliam
12-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Microcenter has a $100 MIR running
on both 360s

Peeps42
12-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I got the urge to get one of these next gen systems. I at first was going to get a wii but of course they are hard to come by. I had some money burning a hole in my pocket and the 360 was easy to come by. I bought it along with Gears of War. It is a pretty cool game I must say, but my experience was lacking. I had my 360 hooked up to a regular old tv. Today I went and purchased a vga cable so I could hook my 360 up to my monitor and I must say that I was blown away. The 360 looks great for gaming. I'd put any pc game against Gears of War and bet on the 360 right now. I know around the corner the pc will surpass Gears with titles like crysis, but for the money of the 360 versus high end pc gaming it is a killer deal. If you are considering a 360 I'd say get it you won't be dissapointed.

End useless rant.

you are right i also have a 360 and i just rented gears of war the gameplay and graphics are amazing i also have many other games that i cant get enough of either. but gears of war is going to be a great game to play when halos gone.

ugp
12-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Gears of War is by far the best game on XBOX 360 and the most played game on the 360. Everyone all the time on my friends list is always playing it. And at any time you can actually always find a full room of people to play with in Ranked matches.

gr8golf
12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I hope the XBox blows away the competition in the console wars. That will only help those of us still into PC gaming. M$ is working on consolidating development for both platforms and the easier it is for developers to get games on the dominant console platform AND on the PC at the same time - the better.

MaxxxRacer
01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
adamant415, In my opinion GoW is impossible to play on a regular TV. when i first got mine for Christmas, GoW was the first game i tried. After 5 painful minutes of trying to figure out what was going on i hooked it up to my LCD and enjoyed a blissful gaming experience.

Although I must admit the gaming experience further improves with a 50inch plasma.