PDA

View Full Version : Prometeia transportable

Christian18
05-07-2003, 06:14 AM
Yes that's the question,

i have to go on a business trip by car for one or two weeks. But after work i have enough time to do other things so i want wo carry my prometeia with me. It's about 1000km. Can i damage anything of the prometeia in the car f.e. the compressor or such anything?

Mfg
Christian

Charles Wirth
05-07-2003, 06:42 AM
I highly advise to not transport your Prometeia. If you do move it use the original box and protect the evaporator with xtreme care.

TheDude
05-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Only if it slams around I imagine. Can you pack it in something to protect it? You should check your seating of evap on the die before you run it. Make sure cards did not vibrate loose...stuff like that. Fugger has a good point...it was not made to be very portable. Have a nice trip. :D

Christian18
05-07-2003, 09:12 AM
No no, i've forgot something

It's only the Tower!! There isn't got any hardware in the case. The Hardware will I put in when I have arrived. I've thought that the evap can be damaged if it wobble around.

And with hardware in the case, only the seating on the die and the cards mustn't vibrate? Otherwise something to pay attention to?

Mfg
Christian

Charles Wirth
05-07-2003, 10:20 AM
It can be damaged, so can the hose going to it. It is fragile and treat is as such. Basicly you do not want to twist or bend it at all prior to installation for best operation. Just be very carefull moving it. Secure the head with foam and dont let it flop around.

Christian18
05-07-2003, 11:55 AM
@fugger

what exactly can be damaged? The hose i will isolate with anything, thats no problem. the hose will be isolated securely.

What is with the the boiler in the underneath in the tower? Can he be damaged when it flop around? how can I protect it, must I protect it?

Mfg
Christian

Turbo
05-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Just make sure the unit is upright and dont bounce around in the car. (go slow on speed bumps) and as Fugger said, protect the head and the hose.