PDA

View Full Version : Ideazon MERC -- Opinions needed [Urgent]

Yoad
12-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Hey all,

My Genius Wireless has "taken its last breath" today @ about 10:30am [rofl], after 7 years of being on duty as my hand-slave [zomg that sounds bad, who cares :D ya know what I mean ;) ] and so it is time for me to buy a new keyboard, and if i'm at it, why buy some standard QWERTY - Multimedia KBoard when I Could buy some flashy one? I got the money..

So I looked around and other than the g15/11 I haven't seen much of a market for gaming Keyboards and it seemd to me that the MERC is the best I can get ATM [If im wrong-- correct me and show me other worthbuying Keyboards please], anyhow my last concerns are, since i never really worked on this keyboard, that this Keyboard is not as good as described (You can't really tell just by reading a review and looking at a picture..) so what i'd like is some users impressions, people who used it that is..

What I Really wanna know is:

1. How does the button feel? Are they "tough' or "soft"? [and are they overtough or over soft?]
2. are the button clicks quiet or noisy? I am one that appreciates silence.
3. How does it function in daily usage other than games?[although gaming is its main purpose, I do chat and type on he pc] Does the odd numpad orientation makes it difficult to get used to it or is it not that much of a problem?
4[and last]. I read about its Z-Engine that supposed to change the Gamepad's layout [not physically but the hotkeys] correspondly to the MOD file that is subjected to a specific game, but what if one of my games doesn't have a MOD file for that Kboard? Will I still be able to use the gamepad of the keyboard? [For example: Neverwinter nights doesn't have a pre-programmed MOD file] -- and if yes, how do I program the gamepad in that case?

Thanks alot in advance for whoever responds, its a bit urgent since i only have a couple of days to decide whether I want this keyboard or not and meanwhile I have to steal my sisters Keyboard [and let me just add shes not happy about it]

Wish you all the best,

-Jo