PDA

View Full Version : Help on where to mount radiator

Athenos
12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
This is my case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811125475

I'm looking for suggestions on where to mount a HW Labs Black Ice GTS 240 radiator. I was thinking about a swiftech radbox, but the case has clip on 80mm fans and no screw holes on the back. Thanks.

BobMaximus
12-02-2006, 11:18 PM
We are very sorry, the page that you requested does not exist.

broken link?

you could just say the name of your case, and i'm sure we could all find it

punisher69
12-02-2006, 11:19 PM
new egg is telling me

We are very sorry, the page that you requested does not exist.
Newegg.com has been undergoing many improvements recently, which required some pages to be moved.

what is the name of your case?

Athenos
12-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Link has been fixed, sorry about that.

BobMaximus
12-02-2006, 11:24 PM
oh, ok i see you've fixed the link now. if you're confident in your skills with a dremel or a hacksaw, perhaps on top would be good; as you could keep it internal and probably only lose 1 drive bay. not sure if it'd fit, but the GTS series is mightyyy thin and short, so by looking at i would guess it would fit.

Athenos
12-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Ideally I'd like to keep from having to hack the case up. Is there anyway I could make use of a radbox by drilling holes or something?

en4cer
12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Ideally I'd like to keep from having to hack the case up. Is there anyway I could make use of a radbox by drilling holes or something?

I hate to burst your bubble but, this is definately not a good case for mounting 120mm rads if you are not prepared to do some moderate modification. I am pretty sure the cases integrated fan grilles will prevent you from using or drilling holes for a radbox.

septim
12-03-2006, 05:59 AM
why do you say that? the radbox from swiftech contains enough bolt/nut & screws and 4pcs 1/2 inch nylon tube spacer to act as standoff incase you're gonna mount it on an 80mm fan grill...

its (from the inside) bolt/case/fit nylon tube spacer over bolt/radbox panel/nut... so whats the problem?

Athenos
12-03-2006, 08:56 AM
So septim your saying I can mount it to the fan grill even though theres no screw holes?

Freebo
12-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I got a similar case, its a cheiftec, look identicle, this is where im mounting my rad:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Freebo/Koen%20revisited/Frontpannelcut2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Freebo/Koen%20revisited/Frontpannelcut1.jpg

Its the front pannel btw.

and yes you will haved to get rid of your hdd caddy bit if you got a single, i got rid of both, dont use floppy anymore, also there are 2 holes in the rad where it will not be screwed into the rad but as for vibration im sure some rubber will sort that out.

Athenos
12-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I think I've decided to mount it on top. Basically I just have to cut two 120mm holes where the fans can suck air out and attach the radiator w/ fans to that somehow?