PDA

View Full Version : Arabic keyboard for MAC

M.Beier
12-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey..

The item is impossible to get in Denmark.. Thing is, december 9th is my brothers birthday, and he's studying "sporgofficer" (language officer??? - Army thing) and is gonna start learning arabic this january..
- Thereby such an item is on his wishing list..

Any advise I've spend a long time on google trying to find something, but I simply cant, and Apple (MAC) Denmark, the HP, its just horrible.. - If trying to find merchandise, you'll only get advertisment of macbook, which he already owns..

Thanks!

Fr3ak
12-01-2006, 03:00 PM
There are all kind of european layouted keyboards in the German apple shop, but no arabic, chinese, etc :/

xmax
12-01-2006, 04:09 PM
You mean "sprogofficer"

Vapor
12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
A USB Keyboard? White? Black? A laptop keyboard (if so, which laptop?)? I'll see what I can dig up....

M.Beier
12-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Yes sprogofficer, a little mis-hit on this keyboard.. :) - Hell, Im not home atm, or actually, at my old home, but not use to this keyboard.. ;)

Vapor, lovely!
I guess its just a USB keyboard - I assume he plans using it with his macbook (the laptop with CD T2500 if Im not mistakin')

Vapor
12-01-2006, 05:29 PM
This may seem odd....but I can't find the existence of an arabic USB keyboard made by Apple....maybe this will work? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=56864

Anyway, I can confirm that there is an arabic topcase (the part on the laptop that has the keyboard, touchpad, powerbutten, etc) for both the black and white macbooks. If you have an Apple store near you, you can go there and probably get one by asking....they're $89 but they might cost more in Denmark.

M.Beier
12-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks, I'll check if theres a store in the CPH (Copenhagen, capital of Denmark) - I bet they're close on a saturday tho'

But the topcase seems like a good idea, especially since Apple doesnt seem to have made a USB keyboard in arabic :(

perry_78
12-10-2006, 05:26 AM
Humac is your best bet on Vesterbrogade, if anything, they can back-order the items.