PDA

View Full Version : nf7-s 1.0 vdimm mod??

str8_blunted
05-04-2003, 07:47 PM
i want to do the vdimm mod so i can give my corsair more juice!! is the mod the same as the one here-http://8rdafaq.com/NF7/file.php?file=vdimm_voltage_mod.htm
id like someone to confirm that it would work on my nf7-s 1.0, it dosent even have mounting hole around the socket lol thanx for the help

wolfgang
05-05-2003, 11:30 AM
i did the mod the hard way but i found an easier way ill look for some pics for ya

wolfgang
05-05-2003, 11:54 AM
ok this is the only pic i found nevermind everything but the black circle thats the mosfit leg u have to desoder and lift up lift it high and put a 10 ohm resistor to the leg and the spot where u lifted it from then put a 100ohm variable resistor from the board side to ground or instead of the variable resistor u can use a fixed resistor i beleive a 80ohm will get u 3.15

str8_blunted
05-06-2003, 06:41 AM
wow sounds kinda hard i see by ur sig that u completed this mod succesfully!!well i might pass because i just broke my 8rda with a volt mod gone bad so i might hold off for now but i appreciate ur help ty

wolfgang
05-06-2003, 06:58 AM
no problem it took me two months to do it

JfRsQ
05-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I saw in your sig that you have a 2.0, so are you sure this mod is for 1.0 and 1.1? I just wanted to be sure before trying.
The vmem mod I saw before was about to cut a leg of the W83301R chip just next to the mosfet... Is it what you called the hard way?
So If I do the work on the mosfet rather than the WInbond chip, it would work the same way:confused:
Does this mod have been tested, I'm about to salvage my mobo soon, trying to fix this damn mic. THanks, I will wait an answer before taking out the mobo of the case.

wolfgang
05-19-2003, 05:19 PM
i have had a ver 1.0 i just got the 2.0 and u lift the pin not cut it, it would b easier to lift the mosfit leg instead of pin since they connet directly on the ver 1.0 and 1.1 lift the mosfit leg dont break it off connect a 10 ohm resistor between the leg and board(where the mosfit leg was)then connect a 100 ohm variable resistor to the board(same spot that the mosfit leg was)then to ground thats it

JfRsQ
05-26-2003, 04:22 PM
Damn:mad:
This mod ain't workin' on that leg. Are you sure it is the good one, not the other leg of the mosfet?? Prior to solder everything to the motheboard, the VR was set @100 ohms. Also, the VR was soldered on the board side of the 10 ohms resistor. I reinstall everything and try to power up. All the fans start spinning, but the damn PC won'T post and one curious thing, my HPT controller is doing a long BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP:confused: I removed it as well as all PCI card, HDD, CD reader, floppy, etc.
I rechecked my connections and everything was OK.
I removed the VDD and VCORE mod from the board , just in case...
I tested DDR sticks, AGP card and CPU in another computer...
Still no luck...:slobber:
I thought I have killed the motherboard after I lapped the Nforce2 NB....:eek:
So just to be sure it was really dead, I unsolder the vdimm mod and solder back the mosfet leg to the board, feeling lucky it didn't break after so much bending:p
Then I set everything back on the motherboard ( CPU, DDR, AGP PCI, HDD , etc.) and I were like, if this thing could break, maybe I could buy a rev 2.0:toast:
I hitted the power button and WTF, it POSTED without the VDIMM mod so what the hell is it going wrong with this mod???:confused: