PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Score on Black Friday? (Doesn't have to be computer related)

Judaeus Apella
11-25-2006, 08:54 AM
This thread is for bragging about what any of us scored on Black Friday, and any stories about your experiences this year.

I got up at 4:15AM, quickly ate some thanksgiving leftovers (cause everything else was pushed back in the back of the fridge behind a giant turkey I didn't want to pull out), then spent about 20 minutes cleaning up and getting dressed then sped away in my truck. I went to Comp USA first, managing to pull up 5 minutes before they opened the doors, only to find out that their sale SUCKED BALLS. Sorry for the language... but holly crap, this sale was really bad. They didn't have anything on sale but specific expensive things that only certain people needed, or cheap little things. Two years ago, their Black Friday sale was completely nuts, and they had TONS of the coolest stuff all on sale.

I couldn't believe it but the only video card they had on sale was a crappy 6600GS. I looked at the salesman like he was loony and walked out of the store. I rushed over to Best Buy to find a 6 foot wide line streching a good city block, and police blocking anyone else from getting in because the store was full to its legal limit.

I drove over to the newly built Circuit City, since I figured everyone would be going to the old one about 3 miles away, and I was right. :) But they only had a crappy 7600GT on sale. So I said "F*ck it", and drove over next door to The Home Depot to browse their cordless drills. There weren't any lines and the store hadn't been picked over by a mob, so I scored big!

I scored a $340 RIGID 18V X2 Hammer Drill, for only $150! :D They didn't even advertise it! I think its because its a new model, and they only had about 10 in stock.
I also got a 100 peice Ryobi drill and driving kit for $14.97, and a really nice multipurpose WorkForce 14" Multi-Purpose Tool Bag for $9.99.

Drill - Click here to view (http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prodmap_931337_931337_10051_-15_10051_mode+matchallpartial_mode+matchall_0_0_le vel1_RIDGID)
Tool Bag - Click here to view (http://homedepot.shoplocal.com/homedepot/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2398900&rapid=336495&pagenumber=12&listingid=-2094090967&ref=%2fhomedepot%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsep ageflash%26storeid%3d2398900%26pagenumber%3d12%26r apid%3d336495%26prvid%3dHD-061123-ST112306)

Problem is, when I got home I opened the box the find the drill and 2nd battery were gone! I angrily rushed over, thinking they were probably out of stock and I'd never get another one, but they appologised and found one for me. Turns out they had 5 left, and they accidently sold me the box for the display model. LOL

Asside from being exausted from running around at super sonic speed and having to make 4 trips back and forth to The Home Depot, I really love this drill and I've been wanting a 18V drill for the loooongest time. I'm sure some jerk is gonna tell me there's a better drill, but for me its like the Mercedes Benz of cordless drills, cause I'd never spend that much on a drill, and it feels so solidly built. Thiis is the new model, the X2, not the old 18V version. It has rubber all over it and the carger is really nice. It also came with a really nice, extra durable duffle bag instead of an ugly plastic molded case.

If any of you remember, the last time I went shopping on Black Friday, I got a PNY 6800 that was defective when I took it out of the box. I ended up just getting my money back, and got a 6800GT online and Im really glad I did that. So last time was a bust, but this time I think I scored big. :D

What about you guys? Anyone else score anything nice on Black Friday?

xVeinx
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Nada. I spent a couple hours looking up all the Black Friday ads for Comp USA, Fry's, Circuit City, Best Buy, TigerDirect, Newegg, and there really wasn't anythig interesting. It's actually pretty meager, at least as far as computer components are concerned. There are a few good laptop deals out there, but most of the big "deals" out there are on HDTV's and such. Since $1500 is a bit over my budget for my parents, I decided to opt out of a 42in plasma this year. I know, I'm a cheapskate.... :p:

[XC] MarioMaster
11-25-2006, 02:22 PM
free power supply from newegg ($28 - $28 mail in rebate) , it's some crappy brand but it's always good to have a backup

Kobalt
11-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Nada. I spent a couple hours looking up all the Black Friday ads for Comp USA, Fry's, Circuit City, Best Buy, TigerDirect, Newegg, and there really wasn't anythig interesting. It's actually pretty meager, at least as far as computer components are concerned. There are a few good laptop deals out there, but most of the big "deals" out there are on HDTV's and such. Since $1500 is a bit over my budget for my parents, I decided to opt out of a 42in plasma this year. I know, I'm a cheapskate.... :p:

Same...this is the first time in the past 3 years that I didn't go.

nn_step
11-25-2006, 02:53 PM
a concussion, not quite Diffuse axonal injury but it hurt

Teratism
11-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Sounds like nn_step gets all the good stuff.

I got a couple pairs of pajama pants for half price. Yes I know $2 is a huge spending. Mostly some clothes. I checked through most ads and found nothing really worth my time. I don't see a real loss since the sales will continue through the holiday season.