PDA

View Full Version : 680i build advice

ZeroOne
11-24-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm piecing together a LONG overdue system and I'd feel wierd if I didn't ask for some advice here, before I hit that 'add to cart' button. So I'd appreciate anything you all might have to say.

already have:
P180B watercooled (mcr320, storm, mcp655)
Seasonic M12 700w psu

getting ready for:
E6600 (and rolling the dice for that LxxxBxxx version)
680I mobo, (haven't picked a model with the striker extreme being so overly priced and also with a few new models coming out, though probably staying away from nvidia reference boards)
2GB Corsair dominator ddr2-1066
evga 8800gtx
x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty (or one w/ NO front panel)
2x 740adfd raptor, raid 0
2x seagate ES series 500GB, raid 1
px-755sa dvd

i'm worried though about the raid setups being corrupted by heavy overclocking. i'm still searching for info on how much of a factor that is, or if its a rare problem.

sli will be in the future, and hopefully the sound issue is totally worked out by the time i make that move.

i do plan on running a decent OC on it, which is why I'm willing to dump a little extra on memory, also considering the 680i is 1333fsb future-capable, supposedly. just wanted a little extra overhead i guess.

Feel free to pick at it! thats why i'm asking! i've gone over most of the specs quite a few times and done tons of reading, but outside opinion would be nice. although none of my real-world friends know $#!t about any of this stuff. ;)

(EDIT: spelling)