PDA

View Full Version : The Wii basically sucks.

ZX7891
11-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I said it, it sucks. Trying to shoot anything in red steel or cod3 is :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing impossible. you cant get anything to aim right, and the graphics are :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing terrible, i could deal with like ps2-esque graphics but they are worse than that, trying to shoot a guy in the back of the scene who you really cant even tell is there. sports games are ok, but you get bored of them very quick, and it doenst even have any online play. peolpe will think their wii is cool for like the first 20 minutes until they realize its boring and a piece of crap

dont bother responding if you dont have the system or have played it for more than 4 hours

Nanometer
11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
What is the purpose of this thread?

wtkprol
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
I just played it last night for about 5 hours straight and I loved it. I didnt really pay attention to the graphics much, the interface is just amazing, I think.

I really like bowling and golf in the sports pack. Also just turn your sensitivity down to low on your controller and it makes it much easier to play Red Steel.

Yes, they do have online play. Well its called a Mii Parade and its not exactly like Xbox Live, but you have to give Nintendo props on that. Its VERY hard to beat Live on my 360.

All in all, I really liked it. My cousin camped out and got two, I was playing his and im pretty sure I am going to buy his extra one.

I liked it, dont know about anyone else though. :)

ZX7891
11-22-2006, 10:42 AM
i look at graphics, its not my main thing, but they sucked hard, im just saying, try someone elses before you buy your own.

lookmomnobrains
11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
"dont bother responding if you dont have the system or have played it for more than 4 hours"

lol this tread is kind of uselles do.. got noting to say about the controls sins i havent playd whit it.. but saying the grafics arent realy good is kind of whining..

you sould atleest look at what your buying.. sins the wii isent all about grafics but more about gameplay :stick: if you would just woud have lookt up the specs of the think you would no that the wii is running on the "ATI Hollywood" grafic engin..

the gpu is running at 243MHz and has got 3MB cache for textures and its running a 729 MHz IBM PowerPC "Broadway" CPU.. so its not high-end in any way :slapass:

[XC] MarioMaster
11-22-2006, 11:51 AM
i've got one and using the remote calibration function in Zelda helped quite a lot, as for the graphics it's game dependant really, zelda looks great although i'm sure there's still headroom

ZX7891
11-22-2006, 01:00 PM
lol this tread is kind of uselles do.. got noting to say about the controls sins i havent playd whit it.. but saying the grafics arent realy good is kind of whining..

you sould atleest look at what your buying.. sins the wii isent all about grafics but more about gameplay :stick: if you would just woud have lookt up the specs of the think you would no that the wii is running on the "ATI Hollywood" grafic engin..

the gpu is running at 243MHz and has got 3MB cache for textures and its running a 729 MHz IBM PowerPC "Broadway" CPU.. so its not high-end in any way :slapass:

I didnt expect much, but its just a gamecube with a new controller in a new case....

Praxis1452
11-22-2006, 01:20 PM
well a little better than a gamecube.

bball4ever39
11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
I love my wii, ya the graphics aren't anything special but they really aren't that bad at all. COD3 is freaking hard to shoot in though, your aim is just well all over the place. I was really impressed by the wii sports considering it was free, and excite truck isn't too shabby either. :woot:

Soulburner
11-22-2006, 03:05 PM
well a little better than a gamecube.
Yeah they said its capable of about 2x the power of a Gamecube but it won't keep up with the Microsoft and Sony systems. Still though, they aren't trying to. They have a different strategy, rather than competing head to head with the big guns, and I think it will be successful.

I'd also recommend trying before you buy.

[XC] MarioMaster
11-22-2006, 03:53 PM
yep gamecube had a cpu in the 400mhz range, and like any game system they will get better over time

nn_step
11-22-2006, 04:24 PM
funny I'm loving the wii, zelda kicks ass

flavoraid
11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I <3 wii

technodanvan
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
funny I'm loving the wii, zelda kicks ass

Agreed. Can't wait to get one myself. I put in a solid 8 hours at a buddy's place (he bought the thing then went away for Thanksgiving, sucker).

And I like the graphics - it isn't intended to look amazing. As long as you can get around that (and check out that extra couple hundred bucks in your pocket) its well worth it.

Plus being able to buy old, old games is an excellent option. Try finding some of the classic NES games at used computers stores and you can pay upwards of $20 a game. Yeah, I know you could just use a ROM, but where's the fun in that? I'd rather support a company that isn't trying to outshine everyone else, and in turn ends up doing so (in my opinion).

Tulatin
11-22-2006, 08:11 PM
So basically you're griping since you can't aim, a result of probably not configuring the sensor bar properly?

Magnj
11-22-2006, 08:14 PM
I can't stop bowling. I agree red steel is crap...but may try another game before bashing the system. If you want good graphucs you should have bought a 360 or PS3

cMw
11-22-2006, 09:54 PM
So basically you're griping since you can't aim, a result of probably not configuring the sensor bar properly?
no hes not the only one who said the aiming in COD3 isnt the best but im sure it can be fixed with an update and a little toying with the sensitivity

but yea the Wii isnt about graphics its about gameplay, Nintendo knows this and its competitors know it and so do the ppl who bought it (or at least should) :fact:

ZX7891
11-22-2006, 10:46 PM
played excite truck, didn't like turning like that, i'd rather use a joystick,
played red steel, still sucks after a few hours trying to configure it,
wii sports is decent, but meh,

also no online yet, thats all i do pretty much,

i guess wii just isnt for me

Metroid
11-24-2006, 11:02 PM
i look at graphics, its not my main thing, but they sucked hard, im just saying, try someone elses before you buy your own.

I feel sorry that you did not try it before buy it.

Funny you complain after had bought it.

Fan boys everywhere :rolleyes:

Probably with this scene you got a reserved polystation 3 from $ony :woot:

thunderstruck!
11-25-2006, 08:14 PM
I feel sorry that you did not try it before buy it.

Funny you complain after had bought it.

Fan boys everywhere :rolleyes:

Probably with this scene you got a reserved polystation 3 from $ony :woot:
You sound like the fanboy here. Do you pretest everything you buy?

Omastar
11-25-2006, 09:42 PM
People sure do love to complain.

Starscream
11-26-2006, 07:36 AM
People sure do love to complain.

What do you prefer? that people only post positive stuff about the wii or both negative and positive stuff?

Before Wii launched everyone was loving the Wii and now that it has been launched the feelings about it are a lil more mixed.

I myself havent yet decided if ill pick up a Wii as im hearing alot of mixed opinions People say 1 game sucks and others say that game rocks.

the nunchuck etc sounds cool on paper but i can imagin if various games that are ment to be played witht he nunchuck will suck cause of bad implementation.

ghettotech
11-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Well I went to a Lan at my friends house this weekend and he bought a Wii. I totally agree with the OP. Wii basically sucks. After 8h16m (the Wii keeps track of total time played) of playing = 1 broken controller. Luckily it didnt go though the 42in plasma mounted on the wall in front of the player. The cheap ass lanyard broke (seems kinda common) and the controller shattered against the wall in 5 pieces.

At first we just messed around playing a few of the included games. I have to admit they were great for a party (lots of drinking was involved). Bowling was fun. However the fun seems to come from the controler and interaction, not the graphics. After the controller novelty wore off we then realized that the graphics were not so hot and kind of annoying. Another friend drove up to the store and rented out Call of Duty 3 (for a butt-raping $8). I dont think we played it more than 10 minutes before heading back to good old conterstrike. The Wii basically was great for entertaining the drunk girlfriends while the men played CS:S.

If you are a serious console gamer this system may turn you on. If the price drops it might be worth it but the accessories look a little high in my opinion too.....$99 for a 2gb sd card?... for real.

Super strokey
11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I love my wii, i really cant say ive had as much fun playing a console in a long time. Ive only played Zelda (which is godly) and wii sports which is so much fun it should be illegal. Zelda is just the touch of the graphics as its totally based of a gamecube game (well it is pretty much lol). Either way its the most fun you can have with a console right now hands down, ive played all the others (owned a 360 and played a buds ps3) and while they are fun for sure they just cant compete. Wait for Metroid, Mario, and some of the other cool as games to come out and then judge it. Sucks that you dont like it, why not sell it on ebay get atleast all your money back and help out some parent try to get their kid one as they are had as hell to find right now, everyone and their dog wants it and with good cause.

[XC] MarioMaster
11-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Well I went to a Lan at my friends house this weekend and he bought a Wii. I totally agree with the OP. Wii basically sucks. After 8h16m (the Wii keeps track of total time played) of playing = 1 broken controller. Luckily it didnt go though the 42in plasma mounted on the wall in front of the player. The cheap ass lanyard broke (seems kinda common) and the controller shattered against the wall in 5 pieces.

At first we just messed around playing a few of the included games. I have to admit they were great for a party (lots of drinking was involved). Bowling was fun. However the fun seems to come from the controler and interaction, not the graphics. After the controller novelty wore off we then realized that the graphics were not so hot and kind of annoying. Another friend drove up to the store and rented out Call of Duty 3 (for a butt-raping $8). I dont think we played it more than 10 minutes before heading back to good old conterstrike. The Wii basically was great for entertaining the drunk girlfriends while the men played CS:S.

If you are a serious console gamer this system may turn you on. If the price drops it might be worth it but the accessories look a little high in my opinion too.....$99 for a 2gb sd card?... for real.

jeez how hard are you swinging these controllers? you don't need to whip it at 50mph to play the games so why do it? you only risk breaking things and hurting people :confused:

Entity_Razer
11-27-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm pretty sure no controller is made to be smashed into a brick wall at any decent speed....

So a moot point there.

About graphics: They TELL YOU they aren't going for graphics but inovation. if you want more of the same old same old
--------------------ps3xbox360---------> that way

if not, Wii is most likly the thing for you. Gonna try and test one out at a local shop first though :)

FragTek
11-27-2006, 03:24 AM
I love the Wii!!! :D (http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=6961)

ghettotech
11-27-2006, 05:59 AM
I'm pretty sure no controller is made to be smashed into a brick wall at any decent speed....

So a moot point there.

But the lanyard that is designed to stop it from flying into brick walls and breaking was my point. It is a decent size strap with a piece of dental floss string connecting it to the controller. Like I also mentioned it seems to be more common than i thought.

Metroid
11-27-2006, 08:28 AM
You sound like the fanboy here. Do you pretest everything you buy?

Yes. First I see many reviews, after that I try it, if I like and it is suitable, I buy it. I'm very cautiousness with my money :)

ZX7891
11-27-2006, 12:46 PM
meh, i mean its gonna be fun for a week or two but the novelty of it wears off really fast....i mean, sure wii sports is fun when you have like 2-3 people over but i play consoles 95% of the time when i cant find anybody to do anything with.....idk, from the tone of everyone that ive spoken to, they brag about how awesome it is but it sounds lie hey are just trying to talk their way out of a dumb purchase

Metroid
11-27-2006, 01:50 PM
meh, i mean its gonna be fun for a week or two but the novelty of it wears off really fast....i mean, sure wii sports is fun when you have like 2-3 people over but i play consoles 95% of the time when i cant find anybody to do anything with.....idk, from the tone of everyone that ive spoken to, they brag about how awesome it is but it sounds lie hey are just trying to talk their way out of a dumb purchase

Yes. I will buy The Nintendo Wii just to play Zelda and some alone games. I do not like play with many people. I like the old way play alone or online. :)

Starscream
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
jeez how hard are you swinging these controllers? you don't need to whip it at 50mph to play the games so why do it? you only risk breaking things and hurting people :confused:

Yes you dont need to make big movements or whatever to make the nunchuck work but if your with friends playing a sports game u wanna have fun and make real life movements that belong to that sport and not some small :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty movements.

In Nintendos promo vids the people also did fast movements with their wiimote.

Btw if the strap breaks and the Wiimote flys into a wall and breaks does Nintendo replace it or are yous crewed and gotta buy a new one?

Hey_Its_Cole
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I spent all day thanksgiving at work playing on my room-mates Wii. I thought the controler was great but the two games I played where not impressive. Red steel just bored me and the graphics sucked, zelda.....I think I am just to old for the game cause it did not do anything for me like Ocania of Time did, oh and wii sports was fun but still nothing to write home about. I hope some better games come out with better graphics because I love the remote.

bball4ever39
11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
If you are a serious console gamer this system may turn you on. If the price drops it might be worth it but the accessories look a little high in my opinion too.....$99 for a 2gb sd card?... for real.Umm, its called newegg, get a 2GB sd card for $30, works fine for me. :rolleyes:

Mat347
11-28-2006, 12:52 PM
If graphics are what you are for, then you should get a PS3(better than the 360 in this department). I mainly game on PC so the Wii fit what I was wanting, something fun which didn't cost ~$500+. The controllers work better than I was expecting, however the graphics aren't as good with many of the games I have..even though I knew they weren't going to be much better than the GC, I've found myself disappointed. Zelda looks good as it seems they used bloom. Overall I like my Wii a lot and would suggest it to anyone..along with a comment about the graphics in some games.

lookmomnobrains
11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
If graphics are what you are for, then you should get a PS3(better than the 360 in this department). I mainly game on PC so the Wii fit what I was wanting, something fun which didn't cost ~$500+. The controllers work better than I was expecting, however the graphics aren't as good with many of the games I have..even though I knew they weren't going to be much better than the GC, I've found myself disappointed. Zelda looks good as it seems they used bloom. Overall I like my Wii a lot and would suggest it to anyone..along with a comment about the graphics in some games.

lol plz stop the fanboyisum :slapass:

the 360 has got bedder grafics and more grafic calculating power then the ps3 and the 360 is using unified shader architecture while the ps3 is still on discrete shader architecture.. the ps3 ows the 360 in cpu power not gpu :stick:

Lithan
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM

Uhh... You own a computer? If you are looking for FPS or graphics, you'd have to be high to buy a console. Wii has one thing going for it, the control scheme. It's success or failure HINGES on peoples affinity towards that. And yours is the first complaint i've seen about it.

Is red steel that game that lets you swing two swords around and mess :banana::banana::banana::banana: up something awful? If so, damn. That game on motion sensitive control looked tight and was the main reason I've considered getting a wii.

Fact is that both "next gen" consoles are a ripoff for me... console games are ass. Only games consoles do better then pc games are Single player action rpgs (PC MMORPGS whip the crap out of any MP rpgs on consoles), sports titles, and arcade fighter titles, as well as classic "console scrollers" which dont seem to be made anymore. Sports and fighter games are crap solo, and not entertaining long enough to pay for xbox live/whatever sonys crap is... and single player action rpgs aren't worth a $400/600 + $1000 (tv) investment to get better graphics over my xbox + SDTV. Wii offers me something that A: doesnt cost a fortune, B: appeals to me, and C: isn't the same rehashed crap (Lowsy POS RpG with a worse story than most Hentai titles and a combat system that a chimp with alcohol toxicity threw up PART TWELVE!) with slightly updated graphics and new effeminate male and nearly naked female characters with outrageously inpractical weaponry.

FragTek
11-28-2006, 05:47 PM
To be fair, the graphics on the Wii aren't that bad when you start looking at the size of the system and the price. One of the main reasons some of the current titles for Wii aren't as pleasing as possible is because they're ports from other consoles and haven't been designed around the Wii's needs. Let's take for example Resident Evil 4 shall we? Gamecube, a console in which was never praised for its graphical abilities displays some awesome graphical power in RE:4. The designers took the necessary time to build the graphics engine around the Gamecubes needs and produced one of the greatest games of all time, which has outstanding graphics to boot IMO. I think once we get some component cables and some games that have had some real time put in to the graphics by the developers we'll see some much better, more graphically pleasing games. The Wii's hardware is pretty darn good, it just needs to be utilized better and I'm sure it will be.

[cTx]Philosophy
11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
The Wii will be ought for the kids over here in my house, im sure ill get my fair share of sports flicks with them, and Zelda will be bought..

The 360 will be the console of choice for me and the guys..

Kingcarcas
11-30-2006, 05:03 AM
The Wii doesn't suck, the games you played on it do:slap:

xpsentity
11-30-2006, 08:31 AM
I absolutely love my Wii.

It's my favorite console (ever). I've had /6/ friends buy one after being at my house every day playing it since release, and we're all big gamers. If you can't get CoD to aim correctly, adjust the sensitivity.. not hard. I have it and I have no problems playing it.

Also, it was never advertised to have "next gen" graphics. Nintendo said from the start it wasn't about graphics, it was about fun (which it is, very). You shouldn't have expected killer graphics for it, as it was never advertised to have them. That said, I have no problem with the graphics, even on normal AV with an old projection TV. Maybe it just doesn't bother me like it does some people.

DTU_XaVier
11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Just tried it at a hardware-store today.... Friggin AWESOME console... Was allowed to try vs.-matches in both boxing and tennis of the sports-minigames, and I know they're not the end-'em all games for the Wii, they're so much fun, it's hard not to fall in love with the console...

Best Regards :toast:

Circaflex
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
what i dont understand is why these morons complain when the wrist thing snaps. i played it for a good 2 hours at the local mall, you dont need to swing 8000000 miles per hour, how these people are swinging it hard enough to break the strap and fly and hit something is just stupid imo.

FragTek
12-01-2006, 03:15 AM
what i dont understand is why these morons complain when the wrist thing snaps. i played it for a good 2 hours at the local mall, you dont need to swing 8000000 miles per hour, how these people are swinging it hard enough to break the strap and fly and hit something is just stupid imo.
They're probably playing with a group of friends and getting FARRRRR to excited while playing.

|Aegi3|
12-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I said it, it sucks. Trying to shoot anything in red steel or cod3 is :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing impossible. you cant get anything to aim right, and the graphics are :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing terrible, i could deal with like ps2-esque graphics but they are worse than that, trying to shoot a guy in the back of the scene who you really cant even tell is there. sports games are ok, but you get bored of them very quick, and it doenst even have any online play. peolpe will think their wii is cool for like the first 20 minutes until they realize its boring and a piece of crap

dont bother responding if you dont have the system or have played it for more than 4 hours

cod3, is by far the worst game to judge for graphics on the wii... After playing zelda for 6 hours straight i was amazed, graphics are quite stunning for the hardware wii has! you should take a look at a few other games before saying what u did, yes the wii doesnt match up to the power and graphics of ps3/360, but that wasnt what nintendo intended in the first place :eh:

Axlegear
12-04-2006, 04:29 AM
If you hate your Wii, can I buy it off you?

Wii are hard as hell to find where I am. They shot off the shelves faster thant he PS3. (As soon as someone who cared found that out, tho, the PS3s poofed too. But it was there for 2 days! =)

Metalkobra
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM

obviously you havent set your wii up properly, the graphics are amazing for a system of its stature.

Cant aim? uh how far are you from the sensor bar?

its not a boring piece of crap, you just completely suck at the wii.

ineedaname
12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
The reason he's complaining about the wii is cuz he probably has a wii age of 75 :P

j/k

afireinside
12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
They're probably playing with a group of friends and getting FARRRRR to excited while playing.

Isn't that the sole purpose of the system? The graphics are absolutely horrid and there are no story driven games to get sucked into and "experience" and even worse there's NO online play. It's basically gamecube v1.5. Slightly better hardware and a new controller. Hell even the games were made on GCN dev kits...

Metalkobra
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Isn't that the sole purpose of the system? The graphics are absolutely horrid and there are no story driven games to get sucked into and "experience" and even worse there's NO online play. It's basically gamecube v1.5. Slightly better hardware and a new controller. Hell even the games were made on GCN dev kits...

BULLHELL dude the online games are coming next year LOL.

have you play LoZ: TP? if not then dont say that there arent any games that are story driven, zelda is always story driven, and then theres super mario galaxy, red steel, trauma center: second opinoin.

So yeah theres plenty of stuff, out there thats story driven.

Fire emblem is coming out in march next year and that will be story driven as well, and final fantasy etc etc. do some research before ya make comments like that =/.

afireinside
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Zelda is the only impressive game I've seen for it. My brother is getting one and I'm quite excited to play it but it's a very underimpressive console. Sure online next year, how many games? There were TWO online games for the game cube. I don't care what's coming out next year, I care about what's out now. Online is everything and nintendo doesn't seem to care.

ZX7891
12-04-2006, 06:10 PM
You guys remember paper mario? Wii games are like paper mario, only its paper everything. Red steel storyline is dreadful, and their online is gonna blow, online is for competing, but how can you really compete when the controls are so inaccurate, even the joysticks on the PS3 and 360 are more accurate. If you play wii by yourself, you look like such an idiot, not gonna lie. Wii is a novelty item, only good for when friends are over. Nintendo is lucky they released this at the start of winter, because if they released it during summer it would fail. Like I said, its only good playing with friends, but during the summer it will sound like this. HAY GUYZ WANNA PLAY FAKE SPORTS ON WII USING THE SAME EFFORT AS IF WE ACTUALLY WENT OUTSIDE AND DID IT...i play console games because im 1. lazy, 2. bored, and 3. for competition online, i dont want to have to flail my arms everytime i play a video game, which is why i dislike the wii,

Metalkobra
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
You guys remember paper mario? Wii games are like paper mario, only its paper everything. Red steel storyline is dreadful, and their online is gonna blow, online is for competing, but how can you really compete when the controls are so inaccurate, even the joysticks on the PS3 and 360 are more accurate. If you play wii by yourself, you look like such an idiot, not gonna lie. Wii is a novelty item, only good for when friends are over. Nintendo is lucky they released this at the start of winter, because if they released it during summer it would fail. Like I said, its only good playing with friends, but during the summer it will sound like this. HAY GUYZ WANNA PLAY FAKE SPORTS ON WII USING THE SAME EFFORT AS IF WE ACTUALLY WENT OUTSIDE AND DID IT...i play console games because im 1. lazy, 2. bored, and 3. for competition online, i dont want to have to flail my arms everytime i play a video game, which is why i dislike the wii,

LOL thats got to be the stupidest comment ive ever heard. nothing on the wii looks like paper mario.

Zelda is the only impressive game I've seen for it. My brother is getting one and I'm quite excited to play it but it's a very underimpressive console. Sure online next year, how many games? There were TWO online games for the game cube. I don't care what's coming out next year, I care about what's out now. Online is everything and nintendo doesn't seem to care.

did PS2 have online games at launch? nooooo. super smash bros brawl is going to be online, with a whole bunch of others, you cant expect nintendo to make every single game online rofl especially at launch. god you people really sound dumb when you make comments like these -_- instead of being impatient and blaming nintendo, do some reading, :banana::banana::banana::banana: like this annoys the hell outta me.

afireinside
12-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Lots of xbox 360 games were online at launch... Dreamcast was online faster than ps2. Sony is almost as bad as nintendo, but at least they TRY to get online. I've done plenty of reading.

FragTek
12-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Lots of xbox 360 games were online at launch... Dreamcast was online faster than ps2. Sony is almost as bad as nintendo, but at least they TRY to get online. I've done plenty of reading.
Dreamcast = best 128bit console ever.

afireinside
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
YES! Dreamcast was amazing. Shame it died so early :( So many great memories... PSO, SA, powerstone, soul caliber, JGR, skys of arcadia, RECV, and so many more :slobber:

ZX7891
12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
LOL thats got to be the stupidest comment ive ever heard. nothing on the wii looks like paper mario.

ill be happy to get pics with paper mario and wii side by side ;)

DTU_XaVier
12-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Why is it that everytime a new console comes out, it's flame-away-time???
The console hit the market less than 3 weeks ago, give it time!... What are you expecting, a full 350 games line-up with 5 years development time behind them??
Take a look at ANY console released within the last few generations, and honestly tell me anyone of them launched with more than a few good titles... :)

Best Regards :toast:

ScythedBlade
12-07-2006, 02:05 AM
People like to break Wii's for fun. Then they have a reason to complain about it. I'm having a feeling that people are letting go of the controller. If i remember correctly, the people hold the controllers in the trailers. If it smashes the wall, then it only means one thing: your not holding the controller and not even ps3 or sony's controller can be played without holding it.

Soulburner
12-07-2006, 03:06 AM
You think this is bad? This is nothing. People have been bashing the PS3 for over a year before it even came out.

Think
12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I don't get it at all. Me and my kids ( including a tenacious 13 year old, 10 and a 4 year old ) have been playing this unit since it came out and it works perfectly. What the hell are they doing with these things? using them as torpedoes?

ghettotech
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
http://wiihaveaproblem.com/
Seems like we werent the only ones breaking them.

Soulburner
12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
I think some of you guys need to invest in those new Nerf controllers :p:

FragTek
12-07-2006, 03:11 PM
I forgot to post this but a few nights ago my father shattered an irreplacable Friends of NRA glass while Wii Bowling.... *sigh* He was standing to close to the table with his glass on it and on his up-stroke he nailed the glass on the edige of the table and it shattered in to about 10 billion little flecks of flying carnage. Took all night to clean it up and make sure there were no pieces left anywhere, I think I still have a piece lodged in my ass cheek.

Metalkobra
12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
roflsaurus

Dark79
12-08-2006, 05:04 AM
I have a Wii and I think it's great. People who cry about flailing their arms are idiots. You can play all of these games with as little of a flick of a wrist. Sure it's not as fun that way, but the point is it doesn't take super exaggerated movements (or speed for that matter) to play.

I'm also amused by all the strap breaking. Every video I've seen has been people swinging the controller at ridiculous breakneck speed. My gf is no gamer and she plays several rounds of rather heated Wii tennis and bowling a day and I've never feared a breaking strap.

I can't wait for Nintendo to reinforce the straps after all of this nonsense so instead of straps breaking, we'll be hearing about people losing teeth with wiimotes bouncing backwards instead of flying loose. And then of course it'll be Nintendo's fault for making the straps stronger. It'll be like natural selection taking it's course and then maybe the rest of us can move on.

Metalkobra
12-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Oh and btw, just to prove my point that nothing on the wii looks like paper mario, compare:

DarkCow
12-08-2006, 02:08 PM
in my honest opinions consoles are too much like computers now. why buy a PS3 when you can get the same great games on your computer that often look better. (in my opinion my friends computer looks a :banana::banana::banana::banana: load better then its 360 counterpart) its not fun any more to play a xbox 360 over a computer, the computer is just a lot more entertaining now. the consoles don't have ANY thing over the computers anymore. there used to be games you could only play on your nintendo. but not anymore, every game also comes out on a computer. and also for single player games its easier to use a friends cd to install the game and just give the cd back and use a no-cd crack. but with consoles he can't play the game while you have the cd.

but now we have the wii. there is not a SINGLE game that you can play on your computer from the wii. thats exclusitivity that im willing to pay for.

and also when the older games come available for the wii its going to be CRAZY ASS FUN. i remember when i got my xbox.

this is EXACTLY what i did. 1) got the xbox plugged it into my new 32inch HD 2) played a couple hours of halo. 3) unplugged it 4) got out my old n64 and donkeykong 64 5) played with my friends for 6+ hours.

of course now i use my xbox for halo 2 live. but i don't use it nearly as long as i do for my computer because xbox is never fun by myself. its only fun when you have 16 people over for an 8v8 CTF.

and with my wii im going to be playing so many old school games its going to be insane.

Asazman
12-08-2006, 06:21 PM
boo hoo, waa waa

clearly graphics weren't a priority of nintendo, as they "revolutionized" the gaming world.

personally, when playing a game, the graphics play a bigger part than control. not realy a console gammer tho.

Soulburner
12-08-2006, 06:27 PM
in my honest opinions consoles are too much like computers now. why buy a PS3 when you can get the same great games on your computer that often look better. (in my opinion my friends computer looks a :banana::banana::banana::banana: load better then its 360 counterpart) its not fun any more to play a xbox 360 over a computer, the computer is just a lot more entertaining now. the consoles don't have ANY thing over the computers anymore. there used to be games you could only play on your nintendo. but not anymore, every game also comes out on a computer.
Simply not true. If you look at the vast majority of the next-gen games on the horizon for the PS3 and XBox 360, most of them will "not' have a PC release. And per the topic of this thread, the Wii: how many of those games do you see Nintendo putting on the PC? Zero.

FragTek
12-08-2006, 06:27 PM
personally, when playing a game, the graphics play a bigger part than control. not realy a console gammer tho.
wow... n00b... so you just buy games that look pretty, u really don't care about the gameplay eh? That's just sad. :wierd:

awdrifter
12-09-2006, 04:37 AM
From the screensots, the graphic do look pretty bad for a next gen console tho. They look like they're screenshots from PS2 or Xbox.

djgandy
12-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Who cares about the graphics. Go buy some pictures if you want graphics.

The wii has a feature no console has ever had. Girls like it!! Therefore the wii is cool :)
It's pretty cheap too. PS3 is not cool :p

Kingcarcas
12-11-2006, 01:21 AM
in my honest opinions consoles are too much like computers now. why buy a PS3 when you can get the same great games on your computer that often look better. (in my opinion my friends computer looks a :banana::banana::banana::banana: load better then its 360 counterpart) its not fun any more to play a xbox 360 over a computer, the computer is just a lot more entertaining now. the consoles don't have ANY thing over the computers anymore. there used to be games you could only play on your nintendo. but not anymore, every game also comes out on a computer. and also for single player games its easier to use a friends cd to install the game and just give the cd back and use a no-cd crack. but with consoles he can't play the game while you have the cd.

but now we have the wii. there is not a SINGLE game that you can play on your computer from the wii. thats exclusitivity that im willing to pay for.

and also when the older games come available for the wii its going to be CRAZY ASS FUN. i remember when i got my xbox.

this is EXACTLY what i did. 1) got the xbox plugged it into my new 32inch HD 2) played a couple hours of halo. 3) unplugged it 4) got out my old n64 and donkeykong 64 5) played with my friends for 6+ hours.

of course now i use my xbox for halo 2 live. but i don't use it nearly as long as i do for my computer because xbox is never fun by myself. its only fun when you have 16 people over for an 8v8 CTF.

and with my wii im going to be playing so many old school games its going to be insane.
eh....they're called exclusives :stick: after a price drop a console is a very nice deal with the software, services and hardware you're getting. Not to mention sitting on the couch with friends:banana:

|Aegi3|
12-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Who cares about the graphics. Go buy some pictures if you want graphics.

The wii has a feature no console has ever had. Girls like it!! Therefore the wii is cool :)
It's pretty cheap too. PS3 is not cool :p

;) , girls like it... ROFL, nice one!

oqvist
12-16-2006, 05:03 AM
It always takes time to get used to new controllers. Just got a 360 and man playing FPS with a gamepad was a nightmare. It still is no way near as precise as my mouse nor as immersive but at least I can aim a little bit now in GOW primarily...

As for the Wii mote you have to calibrate it. Also from what I have heard many do preferr the aiming in COD to the one in Red steel. Watching videos and all it feels very clunky to have to move your cursor all the way to the end of the screen to turn around. Also since I am a high sensitivity gamer using very small movements with my mouse I do preferr to have as responsive controllers as possible. Always running highest sensitivy on the 360 games and would probably preferr it on a Wii.

Living in Europe itīs just about impossible to get hold of a new Wii before januari it seems.

ugp
12-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Man girls are so into the Wii. We have little parties at my friends house that has a Wii and the women love playing with our Wii :D

Bowling seems to be the favorite.

The Wii is just so awesome in so many ways. It isn't about the graphics, it is about the game play and that was Nintendo's main focus of course...of course I love my XBOX 360 but I still want a Wii. For the "fun" factor!!!

Anyone that says the Wii sucks because of graphics is a n00b and doesn't play games for what they are meant to be played for...

@FragTek: The most damage we have done was hitting hands and finger tips on a really low ceiling fan...man does that hurt

oqvist
12-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah everyone say that bowling is the best in Wii sports.

Problem with Wii is it get tons of :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty launch games. Far Cry is a super example on a game not to buy... Graphics worse then gamecube/xbox and still frame rate issues and stupid AI...

So far only Zelda seem to be top notch with maybe excite truck being decent except for monkey ball and Rayman Rabbids...

PS 3 has Resistance and nothing else but then that hasn&#180;t really launched yet :p.

But yeah the Wii has a lot of potential but I am just hoping it doesn&#180;t get 5 million cheap party games...

Would like to see some more deeper hardcore games on it as well.

ghettotech
12-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Wii Controller recall in case you havent heard.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061215/ap_on_hi_te/japan_nintendo_recall

"The new strap will be almost twice as thick."

Hopefully that means twice as strong. lol

FragTek
12-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Thx for the heads up, I'll be sending in my straps :)

Just an update about my Wii.... I got my component in last week and I must say they make an AMAZING difference on a 72" set. The composite cables produced a very fuzzy images that was very very unsatisfying. Immediately after hooking up my component cables and swithing the Wii in to 480p mode I noticed everything all of a sudden became about 2x as sharp and clear, I was very impressed to say the least. Zelda really shines with the cables, and I played for about another 4 hours after work today. As I was watching some of the cut scenes I actually got goose bumps as it took me right back to my younger days playing the original Zelda games and remembered how exciting those times were. Zelda to say the least, is EPIC. Absolutely love it. I'm 23 now and I still can't get enough Zelda. Anyone with a Wii that doesn't have Zelda should be ashamed of themselves, GO GET IT NOW!

Anyhow yeah. Moral of this post is component cables r0x0rz t3h b0x0rz off of the composite cables though the difference might not be as noticable on smaller sets.

ugp
12-17-2006, 07:34 AM
I am still trying to get my Wii. I signed up for the drawing on Amazon.com. 1 out of every 4 people that sign up will be selected to be able to buy one. So hopefully I can get one.

Chocolate Pi
12-22-2006, 03:42 PM
The topic creator betrayed that he knows nothing about the console when he stated that it had worse than PS2 graphics; the Wii is a 50% faster Gamecube with vastly more RAM, enough to significantly outpace any of the last generation consoles.

Online is a tricky issue. Nintendo has been a pioneer in online gaming, something many refuse to acknowledge. With every console and even a few handhelds they have attempted online gaming, and the market rejected it. Publishers just didn't react to it, since it was a chicken-or-the-egg situation. However, the millions upon millions that Microsoft poured into Live acted as a pretty good egg. Nintendo has to catch up to Live, which will be very challenging but possible.

In my view, the simple, cheap, and accessible Wii is the perfect companion for the powerful, customizable, immersive PC.

Lithan
12-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Woot.com totally ripped the ps3 a new one.

Approximate quotes:

Sure this console has graphics and frames per second... if you prefer that kind of stuff to fun.

For every PS3 we sell we can purchase two of our employee's a wii.

I chuckled.

Soulburner
12-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Supposedly the Wii is about on par with the original XBox, power wise. They shouldn't have too much trouble making some decent looking games.

[XC] MarioMaster
12-23-2006, 08:41 PM
approximately, so just like the ps3 i'm sure some better looking games will be in the future :)

ugp
12-25-2006, 03:27 PM
I got my Wii finally about 5 days ago. I love it. I got Zelda and Madded 07. My arm hurt the first night I played it all night.

Soulburner
12-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Gameinformer gave Twilight Princess Game of the Year 2006. That says a lot considering how many good games they reviewed this year...

oqvist
12-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Gamecube is pretty much like a Xbox and the Wii has the potential of twice that I believe from looking at specs.

But we all know a twice as fast console is not going to make the games look twice as good ;). You need a 6x faster console for that.

Games built on the Xbox is much better optimized for it&#180;s hardware than the rushed Wii launch titles so it will take a while before we truly see what potential it got.

Twilight princess is a Gamecube port that&#180;s all.

As for game of the year it&#180;s twilight princess and Gears of Wars that seems to share it.

Gears of Wars don&#180;t deserve it if you ask me haven&#180;t played Twilight princess ;)

Ubermann
12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I think i want a Wii but i wonder if im gonna get bored after a week or so ?
I been playing 360 at a friend and it was just silly, nice gfx but same :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty game one after another. I rather play PC.
And PS3 for $600 or whatever even with an outdated gfx card in it ??? jesus. I rather play PC!

But i wonder what good games will come for the Wii ?
I been looking at reviews of games but they look kinda bad..

They can look like total crap i dont mind as long as i can go battle with the controller against a friend in ping pong or whatever..

FragTek
12-27-2006, 07:06 PM
IMO the Wii is the one console that you can count on NOT to bore you. With so many new ways to control games it can really suck u in and keep you playing...

I'm also very glad that Twilight Princess won game of the year @ GI, it's a truely amazing game.

Kaosu
12-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I have all three consoles. Purchased Wii when it first came out, played Zelda, finished with it, and I really can't stand anything mario, also, I hate Wiisports. To be completely honest, the Wiimote doesn't do anything for me at all. Sure, its innovated, but I don't think its revolutionary at all.

I like gameplay, but I also like graphics as well.

I'll wait for better games, aka, third party games to come out.

Kingcarcas
12-28-2006, 12:26 AM
I got my Wii finally about 5 days ago. I love it. I got Zelda and Madded 07. My arm hurt the first night I played it all night.
My arm is still sore :D I've been playing it since i got it on Christmas :banana: I couldn't find a Wiimote anywhere, until i went to Circuit City and they had 3 so i bought one. By then i already bought BF2142 so i have to wait for my next paycheck to buy Madden 07. I've been playing Wii sports for hours with my uncle and his friends, something that's never happened before.

Edit: My brothers gf bought me the extra nun chuck and i already have LOZ:TP.

ugp
12-28-2006, 07:21 AM
The Wii pwns!

Cupcake
12-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Nintendo isnt about graphics, its about being awesome

I liked my wii untill it broke (still unsure how)

anyway, Ill get a new one soon

flclisgreat
12-29-2006, 10:12 PM
And PS3 for $600 or whatever even with an outdated gfx card in it ??? jesus. I rather play PC!

and the 360 and wii don't have outdated graphics?

SamHughe
12-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Anybody seen FarCry Vengance screen shots. OMG!
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/farcry/review.html?sid=6163510&tag=reviews;title;0

Cupcake
12-30-2006, 10:18 PM
The Wii is an awesome system for its innovation

if you want good GFX play PC games

afireinside
12-30-2006, 11:42 PM
The Wii is an awesome system for its innovation

if you want good GFX play PC games

Funny... I own an 8800GTS and a 360. Gears of War > any PC game out now as far as graphics go.

The wii is kind of fun. Started zelda and that stupid fishing crap took me over half an hour. I want to find and murder whatever IGNORANT IDIOT made that part. The graphics are so awful I have no intention of touching it the system again after that. I play single player games for the graphical and aural experience, not gameplay. We have the internet for gameplay but Nintendo still hasn't caught on to that.

Super strokey
12-31-2006, 06:43 AM
Funny... I own an 8800GTS and a 360. Gears of War > any PC game out now as far as graphics go.

The wii is kind of fun. Started zelda and that stupid fishing crap took me over half an hour. I want to find and murder whatever IGNORANT IDIOT made that part. The graphics are so awful I have no intention of touching it the system again after that. I play single player games for the graphical and aural experience, not gameplay. We have the internet for gameplay but Nintendo still hasn't caught on to that.

You play games for graphics? Thats pretty short sighted and shallow... plus the graphics on zelda are awesome. And no offense but 30 minutes to fish? Took me like 2 tries and most other people i know about the same. Sounds to me like your a a 360 fanboy, and theres nothing wrong with that but atleast give the system a chance. Dont forget that online gaming is coming to the wii early next year so that should also add to lots of options in the gaming department

afireinside
12-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah even my brother managed to figure out fishing faster than me I felt like a retard :(

Not a 360 fanboy, PC if anything. I play singleplayer games for graphics. They're like movies to me. Something you see and experience, get drawn into, not bicker about gameplay. I'm a multiplayer fanatic and play nothing but multiplayer on the PC. That's where gameplay matters. Even 360s multiplayer is abysmal at best and that's kind of sad considering how it compares to sony and nintendo.

I probably will play it again, it is a good game, but I really think nintendo is kicking themselves in the balls by not pushing for full HD and online support.

NickS
12-31-2006, 11:18 AM
We have a 360 @ home and I've played them many times before @ friends' houses. They're fun, and I agree with afireinside. Consoles are meant for SP games IMO, and MP games are better on PC, always.

Why? Well first off, imagine playing Counter-Strike or CoD2 with a controller. How in the world are you going to do a 180* turn fast enough with an analog stick, then aim at the guys head and kill? That doesn't work out, I don't care what anyone says. A good 1/2 of my friends are Halo 2 fanatics. I watch them play, they don't aim the gun, they aim themselves because it's so hard. For example, they see an enemy, they strafe to the left or right so he falls into the crosshairs.

As for the Wii, it's a good idea on a dated platform. It should be called Gamecube 2.0, because that's what it is in all reality.

Yes I'm sure it's fun and provides hours of laughter and entertainment, but the bottom line is that it is a child's console, along with the rest of the Nintendo line. That's what they always were, still are, and forever will be. The cheaper, child oriented, less "eye-candy-ish" console.

As for the PS3? Well theres so much to say about it but it can be summed up easily in a few words. DRM, crap, etc. That too had potential but it was rushed, and it lacks good games and good online play that the XB has. Yes, both companies are small compared to Microsoft but they still have a chance!

All in all, the XB360 comes out on top overall no matter what you say, that's just how it is. It ties the PS3, or is better graphically, it beats both consoles in games selection and it has zero competition in the online gameplay department. Plus, the premium w/XB360 HD-DVD Player (a must-have IMO) is the same price as the PS3 premium, while still managing to top it in all the other categories I just mentioned above.

Soulburner
12-31-2006, 11:25 AM
It's a bit early to say all that IMO. The Sony and Nintendo have barely even got a start. Their online components have barely started their engines and the XBox 360 is already in 5th gear. Let's not even mention games, it is the same story there, Microsoft has already had a full year of game releases.

That's like seeing a fancy new DX10 card come out, and say that it sucks because its expensive and there are no DX10 games to play on it, and won't be for a year.

Was XBox Live the greatest thing since sliced bread when it was first launched? No, it had to be built from the ground up.

Also a bit early to talk of moddability, but it looks like PS3 users will enjoy the ability to swap in a larger laptop HD that is accessible to the user. M$ will charge an arm and a leg for a propietary, smaller HD that is still inadequate for what the heavy users will want.

M$ will also charge an arm and a leg for online fees, in-game content and "bonus" items/weapons/cars etc. Actually they leave it up to the developer to decide that, but the PS3 is free to play online.

And needing a $200 add-on drive to play HD-DVD movies? That now levels out the price war. Both consoles cost the same at that point, but the PS3 uses the large 50gb Blu-Ray discs for games also whereas the 360 is limited to DVD for games (usually not a problem but could become one in the future).

The Wii arcade is a great idea, but charging $5-8/game is going to really add up. Most people already play those games for free with an emulator on their PC.

Therefore, its too early to say X > Y > Z. You will need to wait another year to see how things play out.

Super strokey
12-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah even my brother managed to figure out fishing faster than me I felt like a retard :(

Not a 360 fanboy, PC if anything. I play singleplayer games for graphics. They're like movies to me. Something you see and experience, get drawn into, not bicker about gameplay. I'm a multiplayer fanatic and play nothing but multiplayer on the PC. That's where gameplay matters. Even 360s multiplayer is abysmal at best and that's kind of sad considering how it compares to sony and nintendo.

I probably will play it again, it is a good game, but I really think nintendo is kicking themselves in the balls by not pushing for full HD and online support.

I reread what i wrote and it was too harsh. You do raise some good pointsabout single player gaming. I think we will see better online support, well i hope we will atleast, in the near future as nintendo hopefully isnt that stupid. As for hd id like to have seen it too but such is life when you buy a cheap console.

afireinside
12-31-2006, 07:33 PM
I was fanboyish also so whatever it's cool. I just hope they make a new smash bros game with online play that would rock :D

[XC] leviathan18
12-31-2006, 10:55 PM
play FFVII or zelda ocarina of time even with outdateg graphic you cant say those are great game you need a nice story with nice characters and good gameplay to have a nice games yes graphics help too but if you have a little bit of imagination you can mmm lets say enhance the graphics with your own mind.... i didnt play FFVII at its time i played on pc last year....

Kingcarcas
01-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Nintendo is supporting M rated games this gen, "but but nintendo is teh kiddiezzz!!" :rofl:

yaddam205
01-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Awesome......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwfDGE6IJM&mode=related&search=

Wii FTW!

s_p_kay
01-01-2007, 11:47 AM
I got a Wii for my son for Christmas and yes the graphics don't match the current state of the art, but the controller along with the sports games provides a new kind of gaming experience that is very compelling. I think the Wii is a great game machine - yet I agree that the lack of excellent graphics power/resolution is a drawback.

shigs
01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
i do like the Wii, my brother has one and i havent seen him since launch! :p:

but i just couldn't play it for longer than half hour, being so used to high res pc games and even HD on xbox 360, the low res the Wii puts out is straining on the eyes

when used on an LCD screen Zelda looks a blurr!!

i wasnt asking or wanting gears of war like graphics for the Wii, the graphics are fine but the resolution is the problem, for this i will not be purchasing a wii

hopefully they will make a HD version in the near future :(

ugp
01-01-2007, 06:32 PM
With the component cables they make a huge difference. I play with the regular cables that came with the system on a 42" LCD and it looks fine. I am waiting to get the component cables when they become in stock near me.

[XC] leviathan18
01-01-2007, 06:54 PM
well i asked for one and tomorrow if everything goes ok i will have mine with extra controller and zelda

FragTek
01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
With the component cables they make a huge difference. I play with the regular cables that came with the system on a 42" LCD and it looks fine. I am waiting to get the component cables when they become in stock near me.
I picked up my component cables on ebay for like 30 bux and they make all the difference.

The Wii is also firmware upgradable to 1080i which should be ready to go some time this summer. :D

[XC] leviathan18
01-01-2007, 07:47 PM
well 1080i or 720p should make quite a difference

shigs
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I picked up my component cables on ebay for like 30 bux and they make all the difference.

The Wii is also firmware upgradable to 1080i which should be ready to go some time this summer. :D

if they ave such an update i will be purchasing a Wii :woot:

afireinside
01-02-2007, 02:06 PM

* CPU: PowerPC based "Broadway" processor, made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, reportedly* clocked at 729 MHz[36]

* GPU: ATI "Hollywood" GPU made with a 90 nm CMOS process,[37] reportedly* clocked at 243 MHz[36]

You're telling me that's going to push 1080i? It's basically a repackaged gamecube, which got hammered by the xbox hardware wise, and the xbox could hardly run 720p.

FragTek
01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
You're telling me that's going to push 1080i? It's basically a repackaged gamecube, which got hammered by the xbox hardware wise, and the xbox could hardly run 720p.
That's exactly what I'm telling you, I don't believe I stuttered or mistyped anything.

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as a total jerkoff, I've just had an uber :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty day.

ugp
01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Poor Frag...it's ok. Remember what we talked about earlier..if you ever want to do that let me know and I will help out...I have my bat and rope remember.

I wouldn't see why the Wii couldn't push atleast 720p. I would rather have 720p than 1080i. 720p is so much more smother than 1080i in my opinion. That is what I use with my XBOX 360.

Ubrak
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Poor Frag...it's ok. Remember what we talked about earlier..if you ever want to do that let me know and I will help out...I have my bat and rope remember.

I wouldn't see why the Wii couldn't push atleast 720p. I would rather have 720p than 1080i. 720p is so much more smother than 1080i in my opinion. That is what I use with my XBOX 360.

Err, 720p is more smoother probably because it doesn't push the higher 1080i resolution so well.

Mat347
01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
lol plz stop the fanboyisum :slapass:

the 360 has got bedder grafics and more grafic calculating power then the ps3 and the 360 is using unified shader architecture while the ps3 is still on discrete shader architecture.. the ps3 ows the 360 in cpu power not gpu :stick:

Excuse me..but have you actually SEEN the 360 VS PS3 in TRUE 1080p(oh yeah, the 360 DOESNT SUPPORT 1080p).

When the 360 came out I was disappointed, sure the specs are good on paper, but why does it never smooth enough? I can see it, almost as if the Vsync is set to 30FPS. At first I thought it was just the software, but even today I have not seen any game have true fluidity in it's graphics.

The PS3 is smooth as silk, at least 60 FPS in every game I've seen.

Fanboy?? Hardly, I just call it like I see it.

BTW, the Wii is still the most fun to play.

Soulburner
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Err, 720p is more smoother probably because it doesn't push the higher 1080i resolution so well.
No, P = Progressive, I = Interlaced.

That is why.

afireinside
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Excuse me..but have you actually SEEN the 360 VS PS3 in TRUE 1080p(oh yeah, the 360 DOESNT SUPPORT 1080p).

When the 360 came out I was disappointed, sure the specs are good on paper, but why does it never smooth enough? I can see it, almost as if the Vsync is set to 30FPS. At first I thought it was just the software, but even today I have not seen any game have true fluidity in it's graphics.

The PS3 is smooth as silk, at least 60 FPS in every game I've seen.

Fanboy?? Hardly, I just call it like I see it.

BTW, the Wii is still the most fun to play.

Last time I saw a PS3 it was a demo kiosk @ 720p playing some racing game and the fps was around 15.

[XC] leviathan18
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
that was because of the included feature of lockdown

Bloody_Sorcerer
01-03-2007, 08:41 PM
is that the "feature" where the system crashes and locks up every once in a while (or otherwise sucks)?

Looking at it purely from a sales numbers standpoint, the PS3 blows chunks. To date, 9.6M xbox 360s sold, 2.2M wiis sold, but a meagre 855K PS3s were sold. And thats not just a low supply of PS3s; there are reports of them piling up in stores.

In the end, console performance doesn't really matter; money talks, bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: walks. Microsoft could turn a profit on the xbox360 any day now, Sony is walking fast, and Nintendo may very well post pretty profit numbers, between the smashing success of the wii and the DS.

[XC] leviathan18
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
nintendo is making a lot of money right now..... the only loosing pretty bad is sony MS is making money i think in one of their systems

oqvist
01-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Awesome......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwfDGE6IJM&mode=related&search=

Wii FTW!

Thought so to until I realized the games on the Wii and the Wii itself is no cheaper then an Xbox Premium...

for me it doesn&#180;t has to be HD but then it has to be cheaper as well. Which just ain&#180;t true not in Europe at least.

Ubrak
01-04-2007, 10:10 AM
No, P = Progressive, I = Interlaced.

That is why.

True, but 720 = 1280x720 = 921,600 pixels vs. 1080 = 1920x1080 = 2,073,600 pixels that needs to be displayed and tracked, 1080i is more demanding to run.

Ubrak
01-04-2007, 10:13 AM
is that the "feature" where the system crashes and locks up every once in a while (or otherwise sucks)?

Looking at it purely from a sales numbers standpoint, the PS3 blows chunks. To date, 9.6M xbox 360s sold, 2.2M wiis sold, but a meagre 855K PS3s were sold. And thats not just a low supply of PS3s; there are reports of them piling up in stores.

In the end, console performance doesn't really matter; money talks, bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: walks. Microsoft could turn a profit on the xbox360 any day now, Sony is walking fast, and Nintendo may very well post pretty profit numbers, between the smashing success of the wii and the DS.

Sony's angle is 2 pronged though...PS3+blu-ray player penetration into the market in one device.

Soulburner
01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
True, but 720 = 1280x720 = 921,600 pixels vs. 1080 = 1920x1080 = 2,073,600 pixels that needs to be displayed and tracked, 1080i is more demanding to run.
1080i is interlaced. It is not "true" 1920x1080.

And just a fun fact...the PS2 still outsold the 360 through 2006. :clap:

afireinside
01-04-2007, 07:40 PM

A good TV should deinterlace it to make it look nearly as good as true 1080p.

ugp
01-04-2007, 08:27 PM
1080i only runs at 30FPS. To where as 720p is a full 60FPS. All TV broadcast is 720p because of this.

Overall 720p is still much better than 1080i. There isn't much overall pixel count difference.

Ubrak
01-05-2007, 05:24 PM

This is true, but there are still more pixels to push and track. Even if you wanted to look at it based on 1080i you are still talking 1440&#215;1080 pixels for 1080i data or 1,555,200 pixels vs. 720p or 921,600. I'd say a 50%+ increase in pixel count is a significant difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV

Ub

Kingcarcas
01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
My spidey sense tells me a 360 price drop around European PS3 launch:banana:

that was because of the included feature of lockdown
:rofl:

sabrewolf732
01-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I lol'ed at this thread.

Spencer
02-16-2007, 11:40 AM

right. better hardware alone won't move the good games from one console to another by itself.

swaaye
02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
All TV is definitely NOT 720p. Lots of channels are 1080i. At least in the US.

Apparently most sports channels use 720p because 1080i is worse with high motion, whereas 1080i is better with still or low-motion images.

CoSMiCaL
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I can't understand the purpose of this thread.. LOL.. omg! all I can say, is that you're a bit lammer..

How could we expect great graphics in a console that has 3 or 4 months of life? omg.. get a life! And btw, Wii's Zelda, has won many prizes including game of the year in some places.. and from Wii Sports, no one is expecting great graphics, it's just a game to try the new controllers from Wii!

And the Wii isn't just a Gamecube with a new controller! Before talk, you have to read something.. Wii is capable of much more than a Gamecube.. The first games for Wii, are more based in the new controllers.. graphics come latter!

Useless thread btw.. Fanboy :)

Skillz
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Though I do not own a Wii, yet, it is very fun to play. I play my friends every chance I get, and still can't get enough.

Once I move and save up some more money, I plan on getting the Wii and a few accessories.

numlock2.0
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Though I do not own a Wii, yet, it is very fun to play. I play my friends every chance I get, and still can't get enough.

Once I move and save up some more money, I plan on getting the Wii and a few accessories.

Yeah, same. All of my friends have it. Well, almost. About 90% of them have it, and I can just go over to their house to play it. It is crazy fun though :D

As for me, I'll wait until the dust clears before I buy my next console (currently have a GC, should've gotten a PS2 but whatever I like my GC :D). Either that or I will get a PS3 to Fold and to play some movies and games on my 1080i (:() 55" HDTV.

s_p_kay
03-27-2007, 02:58 PM
The Wii is simply a blast to play, especially the multiplayer sports games in a party setting, etc. For real high performance, high-res graphics I have a computer w/ a killer Nvidia card.

perkam
03-27-2007, 07:49 PM
The Wii sucks like hell !!! at $250...I will buy it without hesitation at $200...

:p:

Perkam

ugp
04-02-2007, 03:55 AM
The Wii still pwns! And it will only get better...

lalPOOO
04-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Anyone know why there still aren't any for sale?

perkam
04-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Here: http://www.pricenetwork.ca/showthread.php?threadid=105466&highlight=nintendo+wii

Perkam