PDA

View Full Version : Hardware in NYC??? Where?

Wolf
05-02-2003, 10:30 AM
I'm going to NYC this weekend and am looking for a cool computer store to hop into and maybe pick up a nf7 rev 2.0. Anyone know of a good store I can check out in the Manhatten area.

ColdFlare
05-02-2003, 11:16 AM
There arent really any cool shops around here. You get spitted on if you ask around to look at chips haha.

If you do find any good place let me know, I've been living here all my life and I could not find any good stores.

TerroH8er
05-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Well.. last time I went, I was wondering the same question, but the only half decent place I found was a place called DataVision.. I don't know the address off hand, but if you have a phonebook (assuming your staying in a hotel) then it has them in it. DV has a decent amount of stuff, but their support staff is only so-so. I saw on their site (this was a while ago) that they had a "2GHz Athlon XP" for $90 - boxed.. this was when the 2400+ was AMD's flagship CPU. I went in there and not to my surprise, when I asked about it they handed me an Athlon 2000+. I e-mailed their customer support and told them about the error, but it seems that they never fixed it because it's still there.

Anyway, it was the first time I've ever been in a store with that many motherboards and processors, so I guess it was "exhilerating" heh

Wolf
05-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks guys.. :toast: I thought that would be the case just checking.

NyCUndaGrounD
05-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I know this place in Chinatown called Beyond Computer Inc.

Heres the website pc-beyond.com (http://www.pc-beyond.com/)

They are asian and so am i and they have a very good relationship with Taiwan and CHina so i think they get all the good stuff. They have lots of stuff at their small little store in CHinatown. So u can check them out.

Wholly crap i just saw the IC7 on their site. Should have gotten mine there.

There are many computer stores scattered in manhattan.

If u are goin to queens are anywhere near there. essencompu.com is there and u will find everything uwant there, its a huge store with all the goodies inside but the prices might be a bit high.

And if u want a general computer store with not a lot of motherboards theres a huge one callled JANDR in City Hall of Manhattan. They have almost everything except those that satify an overclocker. I doubt they have the radeon 9800, 800mhz fsb cpus, or those nice Corsair or OCZ ram. But they have lots of stuff too and at a high price.

There are many Circuit Cities, Best buys, whatever u name it.

NyCUndaGrounD
05-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Also one more thing, If u are goin to CHinatown in Manhattan, stay clear of East broadway. It is called "Fookie Land." Fookies are a type of chinese people that illegally immigrated to USA and they are very loud and they spit everywhere on the sidewalks. But if u are goin to mott street or bowery street it is alright there.

:stick:

texuspete00
05-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Wowsers!!! Some idiot spits on me, hell to pay....

ColdFlare
05-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by NyCUndaGrounD
I know this place in Chinatown called Beyond Computer Inc.

Heres the website pc-beyond.com (http://www.pc-beyond.com/)

They are asian and so am i and they have a very good relationship with Taiwan and CHina so i think they get all the good stuff. They have lots of stuff at their small little store in CHinatown. So u can check them out.

Wholly crap i just saw the IC7 on their site. Should have gotten mine there.

There are many computer stores scattered in manhattan.

If u are goin to queens are anywhere near there. essencompu.com is there and u will find everything uwant there, its a huge store with all the goodies inside but the prices might be a bit high.

And if u want a general computer store with not a lot of motherboards theres a huge one callled JANDR in City Hall of Manhattan. They have almost everything except those that satify an overclocker. I doubt they have the radeon 9800, 800mhz fsb cpus, or those nice Corsair or OCZ ram. But they have lots of stuff too and at a high price.

There are many Circuit Cities, Best buys, whatever u name it.

I live near pc-beyond. I'm pretty cool with them, and yea they do have a pretty big selection of stuff. But they never let you pick the chips tho, they have to go to the basement go look for them and etc etc, they just refuse to do it.

I know the guys at essencompu also, but they are just like beyond, but with a wider selection.

None of the stores around here let you look and hand-select the products.

Wowsers!!! Some idiot spits on me, hell to pay....

I've been hit by bird crap, falling flower pot, mop water, lead paint from the manhattan bridge, but never spit. They spit around you.

Oh yea about the East broadway thing, they are pretty loud, and when you take the bus there, you dont walk to the back of the bus, you SLIDE down :)

NyCUndaGrounD
05-02-2003, 05:37 PM
How do u slide down the bus. LOL. yep thats true they dont let u pick the stuff u want. Comon is nyc they wont let u in there with thousands of dollars of merchandise.

I live near the manhattan bridge too and about 3 blocks from Fookie Land.

ColdFlare
05-02-2003, 06:03 PM
How do u slide down the bus. LOL. yep thats true they dont let u pick the stuff u want. Comon is nyc they wont let u in there with thousands of dollars of merchandise.

I live near the manhattan bridge too and about 3 blocks from Fookie Land.

Slide down you know, spit on floor makes it slippery so you slide dude!.

We are pretty close then. Where do you get your computer parts from? I dont really like beyond that much, snot nose people. I deal with essencompu a lot, but their prices are little high.

NyCUndaGrounD
05-03-2003, 12:25 PM
They dont spit on the bus. Ive never seen a fookie spit on the bus before. Well i usually order online, better deals.

ColdFlare
05-03-2003, 01:50 PM
They dont spit on the bus. Ive never seen a fookie spit on the bus before. Well i usually order online, better deals.

I've seen someone spit on a unfinished snapple left on the floor.