View Full Version : Reporting for duty

Narmacil
11-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Ok, i want to try my hand at this.
What do i need and how do i get rolling? :D

Vapor
11-18-2006, 10:28 AM
.Net 2.0 (or 1.1)

This package for 2.0: http://majestic12.co.uk/files/mj12node/mj12node_win32_dotnet2_v135b3.zip
-or-
This package for 1.1: http://majestic12.co.uk/files/mj12node/mj12node_win32_v135b3.zip

Then read this post for tweaking the client for your (very nice) connection: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1844408&postcount=51

To register, go here: http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/profile.php?mode=register

Not really sure how to join XS after that....I joined a team that was already on XS, maybe someone else knows? :shrug:

Welcome aboard :):welcome:

Oh, and to get the most outta that connection, more than 1 system will be needed....;)

[XC]melymel
11-18-2006, 10:44 AM
To join XS go to this page: http://www.majestic12.co.uk/projects/dsearch/teaminfo.php?id=60 and click "(join this team)" and enter your account details when prompted. :toast:

Narmacil
11-18-2006, 11:13 AM
ok, installed, registered, tweaked and joined. :D

Can i run this simultaneously with other folding? Since this one uses bandwidth, i reckon i can put my cpu or gpu (any programs based on them?) to good use while i'm already at it.

Also, i have a Inspiron 9100 laptop with a Prescott 3Ghz cpu i can also use to man the oars with on the XS folding galley. :D Any folding this baby excels at?

Martijn
11-18-2006, 11:27 AM

Can i run this simultaneously with other folding? Since this one uses bandwidth, i reckon i can put my cpu or gpu (any programs based on them?) to good use while i'm already at it.

Also, i have a Inspiron 9100 laptop with a Prescott 3Ghz cpu i can also use to man the oars with on the XS folding galley. :D Any folding this baby excels at?
You might try Seventeen or Bust (SOB), netburst rules on that project, and it uses very little ram. We can also use all the help of people on World Community Grid (WCG). Have a look yourself :)

Thanks for helping! :toast: :toast:

[XC]melymel
11-18-2006, 11:36 AM

Yep MJ-12 is a great dc project to accompany a cpu based project with. I'd recommend running World Community Grid with your laptop, it's main focus is finding cures for cancer aids and many other diseases it is also where a lot of XS's DC power is focused on at the moment we need a lot of help to hit the top :D. :toast:

Mc Intosh
11-18-2006, 11:40 AM

Folding @ home has a GPU DC program. Only certain cards though.

Martijn
11-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Folding @ home has a GPU DC program. Only certain cards though.
X19XX series only ;)

Narmacil
11-18-2006, 12:45 PM
X19XX series only? Splendid.. :D:D I'll get together a combo that will utilize my comps in a good way=)

I've joined on the Dimes aswell, shooting for as many progs (that don't conflict with each other) as possible.
Not going to earn me any first places in anything, but it would be fun if my hardware can do a healty effort for XS.org (and beat them other teams, lol) ;)
WCG needs manpower? Count me in :D

Martijn
11-18-2006, 12:57 PM
X19XX series only? Splendid.. :D:D I'll get together a combo that will utilize my comps in a good way=)

I've joined on the Dimes aswell, shooting for as many progs (that don't conflict with each other) as possible.
Not going to earn me any first places in anything, but it would be fun if my hardware can do a healty effort for XS.org (and beat them other teams, lol) ;)
Thanks!!! :D

Narmacil
11-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Hmm, can't get BOINC to communicate?

Mc Intosh
11-18-2006, 02:23 PM

I think Dimes will affect your MJ12 score since it uses bandwith as well.

I've been able to get 6 mil. out af a 20 mbit line overhere, with 2 machines, to give you an idea of what you can expect from MJ12.

And if you want to participate in an exiting battle with MJ12 I suggest you join my subteam, we are a 20 mbit line short of :slapass: The Machines :toast:

PM me or Movieman for details....

Vapor
11-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Or you can join the team that's only a few points away from being #1 single producer and could really use your help. :fact:

To join XSTM, just put: "xtremesystemsdc ~AT~ hotmail ~DOT~ com", minus the quotes (and with proper formatting) into the email box....no need to enter any special username and password, just your own.

Movieman
11-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Or you can join the team that's only a few points away from being #1 single producer and could really use your help. :fact:

To join XSTM, just put: "xtremesystemsdc ~AT~ hotmail ~DOT~ com", minus the quotes (and with proper formatting) into the email box....no need to enter any special username and password, just your own.
HEY! There are other sub teams here besides XSTM..And they can also use help!:D

Narmacil
11-18-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=108242

This is what made me start this MJ-12 stuff, i was actually looking for how to get a stat sig when i came across this :D
How does this subteam thing work?
Ya'll just want me for my connection :P lol...

Movieman
11-18-2006, 03:55 PM
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=108242

This is what made me start this MJ-12 stuff, i was actually looking for how to get a stat sig when i came across this :D
How does this subteam thing work?
Ya'll just want me for my connection :P lol...
of course not, we want you for your brains too!:rolleyes:
Yup, we're whores and will take BW anywhere we can get it, but we're honest about it. Pick a sub team, go solo, either is fine.:D
Glad to have you with us.:toast:

Narmacil
11-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Hehe, good to be of some help.

Kaspersky is having a field day with MJ12 btw, the AVP.exe process that (presumably) checks out ports and connections is working harder than ever, claiming almost half my CPU capacity :/

DAK1640
11-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Glad to have you with us Narmacil & WELCOME:welcome: I am also using my X1950 Pro Crossfire to do F@H all while having fun with Dimes, MJ-12 & most importantly...WCG.:banana: :banana: :banana: