PDA

View Full Version : Asus P5B-E vs. Deluxe

-Kristo-
11-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Hello!
I couldn't decide which motherboard to buy, I consider those two from the title. I have read lot of bad things about both MB's. But are the major fault repaired in new revisions (rev 1.02g)? And which one do you recommend?

Sorry for my bad English.

argonmtt
11-18-2006, 02:34 AM
I've seem people did manage almost same result on both MB. The main different between these two MB is the Vdimm. If you have a good RAM that can clock high with low Voltage (<2.1) then i think P5B-E will do. If not .. P5B-Deluxe is better due to the higher Vdimm (max 2.4) is available.

If you not plan to OC... take the cheaper MB ... If you want to Vmod the MB... take the cheaper MB too :p:

Pls correct me if the infor i provided is wrong ..

_Eduard_
11-18-2006, 03:11 AM
And there is also the P5B-E Plus which is in between the E and Deluxe, to make it even more complicated :P

Shintai
11-18-2006, 03:52 AM
If I was to pick today, I would have taken the P5B-E Plus over my P5B-Deluxe. But it didnt exist when I bought it. Anyway, its very good boards and there is alot good things to read. But you rarely read the good things since people dont post. And Asus is one of the biggest, if not the biggest MB manufactor now.

_Eduard_
11-18-2006, 06:46 AM
I went for the P5B Deluxe, just to be sure. I have heard absolutely no feedback from P5B-E Plus users, nor are there any reviews about the board. I am really hoping to get that magical 533FSB on the P5B-D