PDA

View Full Version : some info about 120w tec

Lasac
05-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Hello Xtreme ppl :)

I go to buy one pelt of 120w, but it works at 16v!:rolleyes:

I have that psu for pelt:
http://www.thiecom.de/thumbs/mw9112gs.jpg

The psu is regulable of 3v to maximum of 12v, but it has 1200mA!

The pelt works at 120w on that one psu or the pelt watt's go down to 70w for example?

From what watt's has the risk of exist condensation?

I know that 120w pelt have condensation, but one of 70w have the risk of condensation?

Thz 4 all:toast:

Tedinde
05-11-2003, 04:31 AM
That Power supply will not do it for you!!!, You'll need @ least a 12 amp supply for 120watt pelt. That PS, is for a walkman or something weak.

120 watt pelt, will give you condensation. 70 watt will not be enough for much with any sort of volt mod. Your gonna have to make some gaskets somehow to avoid condensation. Or just do it simple and buy a Swiftec mcw40 or 50t.

KnightElite
05-11-2003, 07:38 AM
As Tedinde said, that power supply will not work. You'll be drawing ten times more current than it can supply.

As to condensation, it really depends on what you are cooling. If you're cooling a CPU that outputs 80W or more of heat, then you probably won't have any condensation, and your temps will not be that great.

PimpJack
05-11-2003, 06:57 PM
DO more RESEARCH!!!!!! Ur not ready for pelts yet. I'm not tying to be an ass so don't take this the wrong way. mAmps are a lot smaller than Amps. Like tedinde said u will need at least 12Amps and that is a rather hefty psu. It will look more like ur pc psu if u get a standard one or u can just get a quality pc psu just for ur tec.