PDA

View Full Version : Looking for programmer to make me an app.

Axlegear
11-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Here's what i'm looking for:

A RNG damage calculator for an RPG i'm home-brewing. Semi-future setting, ala Firefly or Fallout.
The problem with guns and RPGs is that the guns are either oversimplified (fallout) or too complex (shadowrun)

So, here's how it works:

Each weapon has the following values:
[Name of weapon], (Ammo capacity), [Rate of Fire], (Reload Time), [Damage], [Damage Type], [Range], (Cost of Gun), (Cost of Bullet)

The [bracket] stuff is actually included in the roller. The (parenthesis) stuff is just what's done and handled by the DM.

So, here's how it works, in chunks:

Accuracy is determined by Range. The Accuracy is the highest amount of distance betweent he gun and target possible to get 100% accuracy. For handguns, for example, this is usuall <50 meters.
You would enter the gun's range accuracy, and the target's accuracy. It would calculate the % (based on reducing the accuracy by 50% every time the max accuracy is exceeded. So a 50m gun at 100m would be 50%) and allowing for a manual % offset (to allow for skill development)
It would then roll based on that % for a hit or miss.

Then, based on a manually editable input, it would determine where it hit. (For example, a 50% chance for torso, 30% chance for head, 5% each arm and leg.)

It can also calculate for called shots, which narrows the area, but increases the accuracy and chance to hit at all. For example: Aiming at the head reduces chances by 25%, arms or legs by 33%, and torso by 10%

Next, is damage.
Shots to certain areas do different damage. As a basis, 250% damage for headshots, 100% for torso hits, 75% for leg hits, 50% for arm hits, and (for the races/species that has them) 10% for hits to the tail or wings.
This should be programmable also by me, to allot for critical organ differences.
It should also have subsections. For example:
On the head, there are the Eyes, Upper Brain, Lower Brain, and Nose. Damage to the eyes gets an additional +250% and causes blindness, partial or full depending. Lower Brain will cause motor control loss and senses to fail, and +250% damage. Upper brain causes loss of memory and intellect, and +250% damage. Nose causes no extra damage, but disables that sense. Ears would cause no extra damage, but disabled hearing. Etc.
Same for torso. You have a heart, lungs, etc.
Each should have a % chance to hit. Example:
If the head is hit, there's a 18% chance to hit the eyes, 20% chance to hit an ear, 40% chance to hit lower brain, and 60% chance to hit upper brain.
Also, cascadeable: Hitting eyes can also hit upper brain. Hitting ears can also hit either brain.

Also, each bodypart should have a pair of determinants, Armor and Absorb. Armor reduces the damage by the # equal to the armor point. Absorb will reduce the damage by a % provided. This allows for armor.

Next is damage type, and Collateral Damage.
Damage Type is such as Peircing (standard bullet), JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point), AP (Armor Peircing), etc. etc.
Damage type determines some damage modifiers and chances for collateral damage.

For example: Peircing would be no damage mod, and 10% chance to cause terminal bleeding.
Armor Peircing would half the Armor and Absorb rating of the bullet's damage.
JHP would double the Armor and Absorb rating but would deal 25% more damage, and has a 33% chance for terminal bleeding.
Fragment Bullets would triple armor and absorb, but would deal 33% more damage and has a 66% chance of termal bleeding.
Shotguns (buckshot) would quadruple armor and absorb, but would deal 40% more damage and an 8% chance for terminal bleeding.
etc. etc.
I should be able to program/add additional affects.

Finally, multi-round calcs. Lets you enter a number of rounds, each calculated on it's own process. The result showing in the list.

Each round/gun has it's own Damage setting. A 9mm would be 5-18 damage, for example.

Anyone up to the task? Questions?

eshbach
11-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I'd take out the stuff about paying since monetary transactions are not allowed outside of the for sale section... If you really want to hire someone to write you an application, you could put up a wanted add in the appropriate section, but you need to have 100 posts first (that is the minimum post count for the buying/selling forums here).

as for the application... I'm a little unclear on what you want. Do you want a GUI program that you put some data in and it returns a weighted psuedo-random number that indicates the damage that was done?

If that's all you need, I can write that in a jiffy, no charge.

Axlegear
11-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Consider it removed, then.

Basically, what i'm looking for is just as I mentioned above. I'm not sure how to just summarize it into a few words.

It would load a 'target' template and a 'weapon' template, you fill in the values, click, and it determines whether it was hit or not, where it was hit, damage done, and any collaterals and criticals.

Axlegear
11-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Calculamacator (http://www.furnation.com/axlegear/calculator.htm)

Here's an example of what I was looking for it to look like. Similar is fine, it's hardly a draconian requirement, the looks.