PDA

View Full Version : Prime Sierpinski Problem - Sieve XS team

UCmajewski
11-10-2006, 08:38 PM
As we all know there is no XS team working on this project the only one we don't have in the vault. I've started work on this project ... haven't / don't know how to start a team yet. Seems very easy to setup with this Guide (http://www.psp-project.de/guides/sieving.html).

Jose
11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
As we all know there is no XS team working on this project the only one we don't have in the vault. I've started work on this project ... haven't / don't know how to start a team yet. Seems very easy to setup with this Guide (http://www.psp-project.de/guides/sieving.html).

Did you join a Team? Did you create the team? It is easy (That is the only thing I can understand)

Go here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?p=91169#post91169)

Ask for the team to be Created

Say : Please Create Team XtremeSystems and please add me to it.

Use an URL link to our web page and place your name in bold , that will make you the team owner.

Make sure , the team is created and you are added. As soon as you get credit under the Team name and that shows in the project stats , we can get the process of having the vault add us.

UCmajewski
11-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Did you join a Team? Did you create the team? It is easy (That is the only thing I can understand)

Go here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?p=91169#post91169)

Ask for the team to be Created

Say : Please Create Team XtremeSystems and please add me to it.

Use an URL link to our web page and place your name in bold , that will make you the team owner.

Make sure , the team is created and you are added. As soon as you get credit under the Team name and that shows in the project stats , we can get the process of having the vault add us.

I am totally confused on how to start a Sieve team ..... is it that link right there? How the heck do u start a sieve team? Well I am just going to post a desperation post. See what you can do since I am lost. I dont think that is the sieving thread, but lets see what happens.

[XC]melymel
11-12-2006, 02:22 AM
If you guys can work this out please can you write-up a quick and easy idiots guide to joining and running it becuase these PSP projects just confuse me. I'm running rieselSieve at the moment on my last and only pc which is my laptop but I'll gladly switch to this sieving for the easier points. :toast:

em99010pepe
11-12-2006, 03:16 AM
I don't want to confuse you guys but you are talking about two different projects!!!!!!!!!

Carlos

em99010pepe
11-12-2006, 04:56 AM
Prime Sierpinski Project is already in the DC Vault but Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 project is not. You guys mentioned these two different projects. José contacted me and I will make a guide for you guys.
Meanwhile, the Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 project guide is already here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117042).

UCmajewski
11-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah I am talking about the SIEVE project not the BASE 5 project ..... though I cant imagine how any one could get confused? All the projects are all on the same page .... you have to reserve work ... pm the results. You can use different clients. Be nice if you could just download the client and run it ? Oh well I think this large amount of work I got will show up on the results .... we'll add the team get a few more points.

I just got an email for the little test result saying I was in the SOB range .... so it wont count for PSP stats. So I am once again confused ?

[XC] DragonOrta
11-19-2006, 09:33 AM
We do currently have a team for the Prime Sierpenski Problem. XS_The_Machine and Jose are current members, and the CollegiateMafia will be joining them shortly.

Jose, you linked to the Base 5 Forum. This (http://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48) is the Prime Sierpenski forum.

UCmajewski
11-19-2006, 04:24 PM
We do currently have a team for the Prime Sierpenski Problem. XS_The_Machine and Jose are current members, and the CollegiateMafia will be joining them shortly.

Jose, you linked to the Base 5 Forum. This (http://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48) is the Prime Sierpenski forum.

not a sieve team yet ... when im finally done with this workload ill have to create one or I would rather have someone else do it.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I would, but I'm not certain of how to create one.

UCmajewski
11-20-2006, 06:59 AM
I would, but I'm not certain of how to create one.

Well the range I selected (yes you have to post a work selection !) is going to take quite some time ...... thats finally done ill have to see how.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-20-2006, 08:46 AM
I posted a range too, and I'm running it on my E6600, so it will hopefully be done by the end of the week.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-21-2006, 07:08 PM
OK, my range finished. I submitted it, and am asking how the SoB - Prime Sierpenski problem combined sieving works.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-22-2006, 03:55 PM
We've got a team, and we've got points. Stats (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=psp_s&team=XtremeSystems)

Jose
11-23-2006, 03:47 PM
And as of today, we got it in the Vault!!!!!!

http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=311

Over 1500 points added to our Vault total!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

As of today we have teams in every single Vault Project. To ALL thanks!!!!!!

UCmajewski
11-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Nice we are now really cooking with steam ...... my range should be done here in a few days. I think I took on a little too much, but im sure we will make a few passes. Eulernet is a good source of points and moneybee is starting to do better.

Jose
11-24-2006, 05:10 AM
We need people that have computers that are in the low end of power that can run UBERO.

Drat, Diablo doesnt like to run it: It freezes.

I am trying to hep the friends running QMC (Not only are they tasting the 1st place, but they are under a veiled attack) ...but dear Lord : it errors out a lot on me ...so as I finish this commitment to QMC, I will be running many of the projects that can get us more vault points.

UCmajewski
11-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Clearly we are at a point where we can move far up in the vault .... the points are there. Just got to be smart about it ... with QMC going to number one, we have a number one team in every area except mathematics ... clearly we need one in this area. Riesel Sieve BOINC seems a clear cut project ripe for picking. A few otheres we could compete for #1 as well.

We can also move up in MISC column ..... we got upped one today. Moneybee does need some help. Right now I have two rigs running it .... Ive got a lot of points from them the past week.

The physical science area is where we still have some work left to do although we are kinda hurt in that category since LHC@home, Dpad, and EON are hardly our faults since theres little/no work available or other reasons. I never could get EON to work.

My list for easy points goes Eulernet, Moneybee, PRP sieve, Sztaki, all the riesel sieve's, Seti, and looks like we can get SOB sieve to work as well.

Jose
11-24-2006, 08:56 PM
It may be lame but Ubero still yileds points

UCmajewski
11-24-2006, 10:08 PM
It may be lame but Ubero still yields points

Haven't tried that one yet ..... Euler net is about as lame as you can get but its easy with work available. Grid is a sore spot ...... it looks like a huge project. Just look at the vault standings we are in a position to make a run ... heck some of the teams ahead of us don't have a number one team in any project.

Jose
11-25-2006, 03:23 AM
So, and, I dont want to gloat:
Remember what I told you all inpatient younglings some months ago: The Vault is ours for the taking!!!!

The Vault rewards patience and a tad of organized thinking and careful selection of the projects to attack fast , to spemd a lot of time in, to attack with a lot of people or , with a small guerilla.

BTW if you can help on Dec 1 with 100 Million +URLs day in MJ12, Do so. Every bit of Bandwidth will help overtake Norway and bring the overtake days to less than the magical 100 in the case of the DCs.

UCmajewski
11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
ATTENTION

I reserved 667200 to 66800 if you are crunching in this range I am almost done.

I posted it .. I don't know why they haven't updated it.

UCmajewski
12-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I am now finished with this range 667200 - 668000 hopefully thats a lot of credit for the team.

Jose
12-09-2006, 03:39 AM
It will. I am doinf some Grid ...:) Slow as molasses but it has gotten some points.

UCmajewski
12-09-2006, 02:28 PM
It will. I am doinf some Grid ...:) Slow as molasses but it has gotten some points.

Great ... I just joined as well. If you just recently looked at the vault you will notice my sieve range just kicked in me thinks. Trying to milk some more points from Euler net, it just takes forever for the update. So I am running Grid, Euler, and money bee.

[XC] gomeler
12-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Throwing one of my cores onto PSP sieving over the holidays, hopefully I can get this working, I couldn't get SoB Sieving working as the websites were down.