PDA

View Full Version : Mobo won't recognize vid card

cMw
11-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Alright seriously i am in dire need of some help here i mean seriouly im to the point where im just so frustrated with this its depressing, heres the problem :

For some reason whenever I turn off my computer my motherboard decides that when I boot it back up it doesn't want to recognize my evga 7800gt(which has been rma'd 3x in the past 2 months because of this problem). Well I dont know why its doing this but the way I've been fixing it is just reseating the video card and that will fix it. now this is a hassle to do every time i shut down, can someone gimme some insight?? And of course while I was playing need for speed carbon today the computer decides to freeze so hit the power switch which turns it off, i go and figure now im gonna need to reseat the vid card well i do this and it doesn't boot...gives me those 3 red lights and that god forsaken beeping

specs are in sig

perkam
11-09-2006, 05:38 PM
3 red lights and forsaken beeping have nothing to do with vid card.

I was an idiot too back when I had my P5GDC-Deluxe...kept reseating my video card even though the mobo was faulty.

If the video card, fully seated, doesn't show anything on screen when you try BOTH the vga inputs (dvi-dvi or vga-dgi) ON the same boot...then its your mobo...not your video card.

BEST (100%) way to know this for sure...use pci vga card or secondary vga card and boot and reboot it a number of times (even if it works with the secondary vga). If it keeps working after 5 reboots or so...then its your vid card.

Perkam

cMw
11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
well i actually just read on DFI street(made a post there as well about this) that when its at 3 led lights, its actually checking for ram...this would make sense because when I RMA'd my video cards they didnt look bad or damaged at all but when i got the new ones back they worked so :/

but ima go see if i can boot with 1 stick of ram

but pls keep posting as i really want / need this fixed....

cMw
11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
this computer is mine boggling i reseat the one ram stick farthest from the cpu and it boots

WTF!?!?!??! well atleast its working but i still need to fix this

perkam
11-09-2006, 07:03 PM
this computer is mine boggling i reseat the one ram stick farthest from the cpu and it boots

WTF!?!?!??! well atleast its working but i still need to fix thisDo multiple boots after it works...only way to know you won't come back telling us

"It won't work anymore and now reseating the ram doesn't make it work !?!? :( "!"!

Perkam

cMw
11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Do multiple boots after it works...only way to know you won't come back telling us

"It won't work anymore and now reseating the ram doesn't make it work !?!? :( "!"!

Perkam
sorry dude but im probably not gonna restart this again until it crashes, i need this pc

i cant stand using my families computer

+ i really dont feel like :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing with it right now

perkam
11-09-2006, 07:16 PM
sorry dude but im probably not gonna restart this again until it crashes, i need this pc

i cant stand using my families computer

+ i really dont feel like :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing with it right nowEven though i can relate...that's quite sad...:stick:

Perkam

cMw
11-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Even though i can relate...that's quite sad...:stick:

Perkam
what quite sad? the fact i dont feel like messing with it? cause if i reboot and i cant boot back up again im gonna be pissed

perkam
11-09-2006, 07:45 PM
what quite sad? the fact i dont feel like messing with it? cause if i reboot and i cant boot back up again im gonna be pissedmy bad...I'm just not a daredevil :)

perkam

cMw
11-09-2006, 07:47 PM
my bad...I'm just not a daredevil :)

perkam
nono what were u referring to though??

perkam
11-09-2006, 07:51 PM
nono what were u referring to though??You don't know if your pc will go off again m8...how on earth can you think of ocing or getting work done in that environment.

Perkam

cMw
11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
You don't know if your pc will go off again m8...how on earth can you think of ocing or getting work done in that environment.

Perkam
o ill get work done but its already oc'd i did that the first month to 3 months and then when i got it stable and where i wanted it, i just let it be

perkam
11-09-2006, 09:10 PM
o ill get work done but its already oc'd i did that the first month to 3 months and then when i got it stable and where i wanted it, i just let it be"Whatever will be, will be,
Doesn't make a diff to me,
Kai sera, sera..."

Nice approach :p:

Perkam

cMw
11-09-2006, 09:55 PM
"Whatever will be, will be,
Doesn't make a diff to me,
Kai sera, sera..."

Nice approach :p:

Perkam
well comp froze while playing need for speed again but when i rebooted i booted up fine :p: ;) ;)