PDA

View Full Version : question about Creatives (bloatware) drivers

Millyons
11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
guys i just got me a Audigy 4 after few years with onboard sound, just instaled the drivers and see tons of crap......

i rather have as least as posible, what do you recomend to have and what to uninstall, i curently just have the eax console, suround mixer, speaker settings , and diagnostic witch im just about to uninstall

and the start up items are they alright to delete (since i already did ) :) just left the CTSysVol one

thanks

ps did anyone try the new audigy2/4 drivers?

swaaye
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
It perplexes me that this is so complicated that it calls for constant claims of bloat nonsense.

All you need to do, if you only want the drivers, is to pick only the drivers in the setup program. If you want to actually use the card's functionality, you need some of the panels.

It's not bloat for the most part. And they give you complete control over what you want to install. For example, if you don't want to bother with soundfonts, don't install the soundfont manager.

Hey, did you know that you don't even need your CD? You can download the latest drivers and install them alone. That only comes with the Audio Console and I think even that may be optional, but then you hardly have any control over the card at all.