PDA

View Full Version : 7800GT Problems!

Thunder^
11-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Hello!
I had to register to this forum because nobody else seems to be sure about what to do with my problem! I have a new rig it works fine until I install GFX-Drivers then it starts eating 85-100% cpu all the time! My setup:

Opty 144
Ultra-D
2*512mb A-Data TCCD
PoV 7800GT
Hitachi T7K250 160Gb Sata2
Samsung Sata Optical-drive
Antec SmartPower 2.0 450W

I've tried different drivers to both gfx and mobo. Tried different mobo bioses. I don't have a friend that has a computer where i can test it in at the moment.
Its Prime stable and memtest stable but it starts eating cpu as soon as the drivers are istalled! What should I do? Is the card broken?

RyderOCZ
11-06-2006, 11:17 AM
What do you mean it starts eating CPU as soon as the drivers are installed? Did you reboot to finish the install and then make sure Windows was fully loaded before watching the CPU activity?

Meaning that there is no Idle time anymore, the CPU just shows 80%+ usage all the time?

Can you post a screenshot of your Task manager with the Processes tab open? Make sure the "show processes from all users" is checked and you make the window big enough to show all the processes.

Thanks

Thunder^
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I Could do that but i dont se why because I can tell you! There is no specific process eating the cpu it is just working 85%+ all the time even before the reboot when installing the drivers. I've tried to have the computer on for many hours still eating 85%+ all the time! The system idle thing @ task manager is as normally on 99% but still eating 85%+ according to task manager and everest home edition and everest memory latency before gfx drivers is ~50ns and after installed the gfx drivers 250-270ns!