PDA

View Full Version : Was bord, some spears....!

Pete
11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I got bord so i made this kit up with some spears i have that are doing nothing in my box of bits!

3x 120mm Titan TFD-12025SL12B 44cfm @ 26dba

Performance Shroud

Neoprene Fan Gasket

The wires on the fans have just been twisted by hand and a ligther ran up and down them to set them in place with heat

Sorry if pics is bad, took it with my phone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/corsapete/Image017.jpg

I think it looks pretty clean and tidy!

Bodge a CABLE/DSL modem PSU to power the fan as it's cooling a bottle of coke under the desk right now!

Pete

Herr Brun
11-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm not really sure what you've done, but the fans sure as hell ain't cooling your bottle of coke, they're warming it. Unless your ambient temperature is below that of the coke, but that is pretty unlikely.

Modzilla
11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
unless there is water on the outside of the coke bottle while the fans are blowing on it

Scarlet Infidel
11-01-2006, 12:23 PM
That couldnt bring the temperature below room temperature anyway.

lowfat
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
That couldnt bring the temperature below room temperature anyway.

in theory it could, when water evaporates it gets cooler.

Scarlet Infidel
11-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Well yes technically, but i would have thought most of the energy required for the water to evaporate will come from the air anyway and this would cause minimal effect on the coke temperature.

Pete
11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Fact it's -2c here right now which makes no sense at all as i live right on the coast about 15mins from the sea!

It kept my bottle cool, as the fan would on any cpu etc!

Anyway yeah i just wanted to show a simple little clean modded unit off non of this techincal crap lads!

Latters!

Herr Brun
11-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Fact it's -2c here right now which makes no sense at all as i live right on the coast about 15mins from the sea!

It kept my bottle cool, as the fan would on any cpu etc!
Latters!
No it doesn't! It brings your bottle closer to ambient temperature faster than normal. If your ambient temp is -2c, then it is cooling your bottle, but hell, are you sitting outside?
:stick:

Pete
11-02-2006, 04:36 AM
Nope inside butr house mates have blown the boiler up and it's sat across otherside of kitchen in the fridge in many bits! I can;t wait to move out of here!!