PDA

View Full Version : major problem with some ram, but it might be my fault

saber63
10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
alrighty, heres the deal, built a intel rig with some F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ ram, and at it was acting super flaky, after pulling one stick it worked all rihgt, chagin sticks then caused it to flack out.

so i knew this stick was bad, looking at it i saw a gap bewtten the pcb and one ram chip, apon pullin the heat spreaders off, (yes i voided my waraty kinda.... the sticker is still on!!!) the ram chip came strait off..... thats right. it came off, it did pull off or rip, it loks like it ripped, but there was not force needed, it jsut fell off...

now this is a $150 stick of ram ($300 for the pari of 2 gbs) so if you guys arent willing ot replace it, i understand.

however the fact that its the chip NOT under the hold down clamps, means it was not stuck on as hard as the others, yet it came off, THAT paired with the fact that it wouldnt even post when this stick was in there..... makes me think it was Fed up before i pulled i apart.

im more then happy to send you guys some pics if youd like.

if you could get back to me ASAP on weather im :banana::banana::banana::banana:ed or not... would be great!!!

levi

edit: added the type of ram it is

GSKILL TECH
11-01-2006, 02:26 PM
well.... well.......
send the stick back and we will try to fix it....
if we can't.... oh well it is already bad, nothing more you can lose :(

saber63
11-01-2006, 03:44 PM
... wow, im surprised you guys are willing to try and fix it, last time i had a probelm like this (from a difrent compy and entirly difrent genre of toys) i got told to get bent.

what must i do to get this bad boy fixed? RMA? or would be a specialty thing, ohand btw if it does get fixed, but cant run at stock speeds and timing at volts, would you guys RMA it also? or would i be with the stick regardless? im happy with poor performing over no ram :P im jsut curious.

so um if you can let me know what i need to do to get this to happen it would uber helpfull, feel free to PM me any info

thank you VERY much for the offer of fixing this badboy!

-levi

GSKILL TECH
11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
got rma # first, and send me the stick and ic
just let you know, it is not guarantee we can fix it, but we will try
i really can't RMA you anything even it fix but can't run at the rated speed. since it is bad.... but anyways, let fix the ram 1st then we will see what to do next :)

go to our website and send rma form to rma@gskill.com

:)

saber63
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
FOR SURE! i jsut got done sendingthe RMA request form to the proved email addy, i would be more then happy to pay to have it fixed, provided its less the $150 :P and if its free BETTER YET!!

heh you can hardy tell i pulled them apart :P

thank you very much, i will be waiting for a rma number.

levi

newls1
11-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, whats going on with your ram? were they able to fix it?

saber63
11-17-2006, 07:30 AM
dunno yet, i sent it off for RMA im pretty sure theve gotten it, but i havent checked my delver comp yet. ive had a really bussy week, midtearms and stuff :\ ill be sure to let everyone know when i know something.

thanks!!

levi

GSKILL TECH
11-20-2006, 02:37 PM
it is in taiwan now. i am not sure how they going to fix it or can't fix it
i will let you know once i have any infomation

GST
:)

saber63
11-20-2006, 04:55 PM
hey cool, thanks! guess it wasnt as easy as possible to fix XD. thank you for the update, i am looking foreword to hearing more about my ram

-levi

GSKILL TECH
12-11-2006, 04:43 PM
i sent a email back to taiwan about your ram.
i hope i can get some good answer for you,

saber63
12-11-2006, 04:46 PM
oh sweet, i was justhinking about the ram, thought about posting to :P thank you for tring to check up on it, i hope you get good news also! well let me know when you find something out.

thank you!

-levi

GSKILL TECH
12-13-2006, 09:51 AM
they had fix the ram but not sure how it works
i will got it back few days later

saber63
12-13-2006, 12:00 PM
oh wow, thats out standing! im happy to hear they got it fixed, im really not to picky about how well it clocks, if it could do 400mhz i'd be happy(stock speed) if its only 333 or 266 thats ok also, i can still use it! im just happy to hear that they could fix it! let me know whenever you know.

thanks again

-levi

GSKILL TECH
12-18-2006, 11:26 AM
let me know your rma number, i don't remember it anymore.
can't find your info!

GST

saber63
12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
heh, its been that long :P its all good my RMA# was.... UR2060798 so there she is. if you find anything out please let me know!

thank you for all the help!

-levi

GSKILL TECH
12-26-2006, 01:33 PM
have you received your rma?

saber63
12-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Why yes i did, thank you very much for all of your help. i will not get to test it right away ( the rig its for is with the owner, and not me ) so i will see some time soon hopefully how well the sims will clock.

thank you again for all of your help through out all of this. i will be sure to post how well it performs when i get the chance.

-levi